USA Today/Gallup: More people believe Bush and trust him....

Larry434

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:27 am
Dookiestix wrote:
mmmm....

Quote:
He said that Bush, on the Abe Lincolon, said the words "Mission Accomplished". He did not, of course.

"I am happy to see you, an so are the long-suffering people of Iraq. America sent you on a mission to remove a grave threat and to liberate an oppressed people, and that mission has been accomplished. (Applause.)"

Who was Bush talking to? The crew of the Abe Lincoln is who. And they had accomplished their mission.

Quote:
He inferred Bush intentonally misled us to take us to war. He did not of course.

That is a matter of heavy debate and opinion, Larry434. But perhaps you can tell us why Bush would say that enemy attacked us in the context of invading Iraq, when Iraq NEVER attacked us to begin with?

He does not say that in the context of Iraq. I know you think Bush a moron, but I am certain he knows who attacked us on 911.
Quote:
He said Bush did not seek international support and we had none when we invaded Iraq. That, of course, is a gross distortion and denigration of our allies.

And a telling quote:

Quote:
Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. ... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

-- General Herman Goering, President of German Reichstag and Nazi Party, Commander of Luftwaffe during World War II, April 18, 1946. (This quote is said to have been made during the Nuremburg Trials, but in fact, while during the time of the trials, was made in private to an Allied intelligence officer, later published in the book, Nuremburg Diary.)[/[/i]QUOTE]

Why are you quoting Goering in a discussion of Kerry's distortions. Fruedian slip?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:04 am
Quote:
Who was Bush talking to? The crew of the Abe Lincoln is who. And they had accomplished their mission.

No, they haven't. They never did.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6180514/

http://icasualties.org/oif/

http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~stephan/USfatalities.html

http://www.fair.org/activism/iraq-casualties-networks.html

http://www.refuseandresist.org/war/art.php?aid=816

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=188

And the lies:

http://www.nationalreview.com/novak/novak082803.asp

Quote:
He does not say that in the context of Iraq. I know you think Bush a moron, but I am certain he knows who attacked us on 911.

LEHRER: Mr. President, new question. Two minutes. Does the Iraq experience make it more likely or less likely that you would take the United States into another preemptive military action?

BUSH: I would hope I never have to. I understand how hard it is to commit troops. Never wanted to commit troops. When I was running -- when we had the debate in 2000, never dreamt I'd be doing that.

But the enemy attacked us, Jim, and I have a solemn duty to protect the American people, to do everything I can to protect us.

Quote:
Why are you quoting Goering in a discussion of Kerry's distortions. Fruedian slip?

It's actually in reference to Bush.

Such sophmoric turnarounds aren't very becoming on Able2know, IMO.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:22 am
Quote:

No, they haven't. They never did.

Really. The Abe Lincoln did not accomplish its mission?

How so, Mr. Expert in all matters military?
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:24 am
It's actually in reference to Bush.

Really, did not notice any reference to Bush in what Goering said.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:37 am
Why is it that this administration makes mistake after mistake, but repugs are willing to forgive and forget? Just makes one wonder where their head's at.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:37 am
Blunder after blunder after blunder......
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:38 am
Anybody know of anyone who's kept a job after so many blunders? We're talking 'major' blunders.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:42 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Why is it that this administration makes mistake after mistake, but repugs are willing to forgive and forget? Just makes one wonder where their head's at.

It is where we can recognize distortion when we see it.

The Goebels technique does not work with such people.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:55 am
ciceron imposter:

Give it up on Larry434. This is his game. Unfortunately, it's much more unbecoming on Able2know. And it exemplifies the Bush doctrine of his rolling off a cliff quite succinctly.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:05 am
Dookiestix wrote:
ciceron imposter:

Give it up on Larry434. This is his game. Unfortunately, it's much more unbecoming on Able2know. And it exemplifies the Bush doctrine of his rolling off a cliff quite succinctly.

That's right, ignore opinions and statments you don't want to hear.

Now there is a roadmap to knowledge. :wink:
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:14 am
Goering's quote eerily resembles the US path to war these days, no matter what you claim, Larry.

It is a pretty accurate breakdown of how the leaders of our country convinced a peace-loving people to go to war in a soveigrn state that didn't attack us. It's the exact same argument the Nazis used to get the german populace to support wars against their European allies.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:16 am
Quote:

Now THERE'S a roadmap to knowledge

Yep...

http://www.americanprogress.org/site/pp.asp?c=biJRJ8OVF&b=37732

You should know, Larry434.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:16 am
Cyclo, Are you suggesting that Bush is another hitler?
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:19 am
Dookiestix wrote:
Quote:

Now THERE'S a roadmap to knowledge

Yep...

http://www.americanprogress.org/site/pp.asp?c=biJRJ8OVF&b=37732

You should know, Larry434.

I know a lot of stuff gleaned by listening to a variety of opinons and facts over my 70 years.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:23 am
Cycloptichorn:

Notice some the words Larry434 has used in the past:

Steadfast
Propaganda
Saddam apologists
Terrorist sympathizer
Terrorist apologist
etc.

All these and more you'd hear on Abuzz.com. I'm surprised Larry434 isn't using them more often on Able2know.com. I'm curious whether he can explain the fact that the government in power and their media operatives are all using these exact same phrases, which more directly relates to the propagandist stylings of Joseph Goebbels when appeasing to mass fear and hysteria?

My guess is that Larry434's deniability will once again rear it's ugly head.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:25 am
Quote:
Cyclo, Are you suggesting that Bush is another hitler?

No. He doesn't have the intelligence or the Charisma of Hitler.

Also, it isn't Bush who is making and pushing the current policies, it's his advisors. I sometimes think the smartest thing the Neocons did was to put an idiot up front, so we'd all be too busy looking at him to notice his stooges, who get the real work done.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:37 am
Dookiestix wrote:
Cycloptichorn:

Notice some the words Larry434 has used in the past:

Steadfast
Propaganda
Saddam apologists
Terrorist sympathizer
Terrorist apologist
etc.

All these and more you'd hear on Abuzz.com. I'm surprised Larry434 isn't using them more often on Able2know.com. I'm curious whether he can explain the fact that the government in power and their media operatives are all using these exact same phrases, which more directly relates to the propagandist stylings of Joseph Goebbels when appeasing to mass fear and hysteria?

My guess is that Larry434's deniability will once again rear it's ugly head.

I did use those words to describe content on some of your posts on Abuzz. I calls 'em like I see them to the extent the forum rules allow. Interesting that you remember them. Do you also remember what invoked them? :wink:
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:49 am
There are no forum rules on A2K. The TOS is a joke.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:56 am
Funny JR...I was thinking the same thing...

Finn - my question to you is this:

Why wouldn't you share which category you're in?

You are a very intelligent and articulate individual - there's no doubt about that. By not articulating your reason for voting for Bush/Cheney, you're telling me that you either you make more the 250K, you're subsidized in one way or another, or you're related to one of them.

If it's in your best interest to keep them in power, I can understand why you wouldn't want to say your real reason - because it is likely that only a very small percentage of people around here share that reason.

Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Joe Republican wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Unlike you, I am able to understand how or why an intelligent person might support the candidate I oppose. I think such people are mistaken, but it doesn't amaze me that there are people who support Kerry. The man is not a demon, he's not a traitor, and I have serious doubts about the world coming to an end if he is elected. You may think that those of us who intend to vote for Bush are mistaken, but if you do acknowledge that we might have intelligence then I would think that you, as an intelligent person, would at least entertain the notion that we have somehow used our intelligence to come to what we believe is a reasoned opinion.

THere are a few reasons which I can understand voting for Bush, here are some of them.

1. You are deeply religious

2. You make over $250K

3. You have a direct interest in one aspect of Bush's policies, ie you're a farmer on subsidies

4. You've voted for a Republican canidate your whole life and you can not bring yourself to vote for the other dise (democrats are also guilty of this behavior)

I don't know if you fall into any of the above catagories, but your defending of the Bush Administration on almost all counts has me baffled. You seem intellegent enough to discern the truth from the spin, and you seem able to see through the BS in politics. This is why I'm a bit suprised that if you don't fall into one of the aforementioned catagories you're so steadfast for Bush.

Actually I happen to fall into one of the four categories you have cited, but it has virtually nothing to do with my support of Bush and I have never voted for a Republican presidential candidate in my life. 2004 will be my first time.

I have not defended the Administration on almost all counts. There are plenty of counts on which I criticize it: the continued war on drugs, the manner in which we are dealing (or failing to) deal with Iran, tarriffs in imported steel, a look the other way policy on illegal immigration, Cheney's appearence (or actual) conflict of interest when it comes to Halliburton, Rumseld's stubborn refusal to increase troop strenght in Iraq, etc etc etc.
Overall though there is more that I support than I oppose, and certainly more that I am comfortable with than I would be if Kerry were president.

I guess you are just going to have to remain baffled.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:56 am
Be warned, JW: even if you don't agree with the TOS, it IS enforced.

It wouldn't be any fun to debate here if we all thought the same thing. But we should at least attempt to keep it civil. Or else the TERRORISTS WIN!!!!!!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies