Kerry wiped the floor with Bush

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:32 am
JW, WHAT was that about? How is the slip Freudian?

Yes, he's a quarter Jewish, Cav... forget details, but he only found out somewhat recently. His dad's dad (?) changed his name and converted. I'm pretty sure it was the Kerry name that was changed from a more obviously Jewish name.

OK now I gotta go look it up... be right back.

Meanwhile, Fox, you STILL believe everything you see on Drudge?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:33 am
Only what I can verify Sozobe. Did you miss the point in my post that I saw this incident BEFORE I found it on Drudge?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:35 am
CBS instant poll

Uncommitted Voters Give Kerry Nod

(CBS) Uncommitted voters who watched Thursday night's presidential debate said John Kerry won the debate against President Bush, and most of those voters improved their opinion about the Democratic candidate because of the debate, according to a CBS News poll.

Forty-three percent of the uncommitted debate-watchers picked Kerry as the winner, while 28 percent chose Mr. Bush. Another 29 percent said it was a tie.

Kerry also made significant inroads on ratings for his potential to handle Iraq and on likeability, two areas where he had been trailing Mr. Bush.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/10/01/opinion/polls/main646712.shtml
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:35 am
Evidently it was Kohn, but I'm having to wade through a lot of bilious stuff. Fun. :-?

Kerry and his younger brother found out from reporting; their dad kept it secret.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:38 am
John Kerry's Jewish Roots
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:39 am
I listend to the debate on the radio and felt Bush performed better than I expected (which I think was why they were so coy about debating in the first place).

Those long pauses of Bush's really show up on radio though, and it made him seem indecisive and defensive.

Kerry seemed to speak extemporaneously while Bush seemed rehearsed and a little foggy.

I wonder if "listeners" are polliing any different from "viewers"......
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:39 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Freeduck writes:
Quote:
I find that hard to believe as I watched Lockhart talking to MSNBC and he seemed very happy with Kerry's performance and you could tell that he knew Kerry had one. Where did you see that?

I watched the debate on Cspan and did see that particular exchange enough to get the gist, but didn't think that much about it.

In context, "that particular exchange" seems to refer to what FreeDuck mentioned.

But of everything to talk about, this is teeny-tiny. Drudge can ascribe whatever he wants to Lockhart as long as the public reaction to the debates are good. And the public reaction is goooooood!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:41 am
Thanks, JW.

Wesley Clark is half Jewish, too?! I didn't know that one.

But again, "Freudian slip". Please explain.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:42 am
In any case, JW didn't post up to the usual standards
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:42 am
JustWonders wrote:
Brand X wrote:
Kerry misspoke when he referred to looking at KGB records in "Treblinka Square" in a visit to Russia. Treblinka was a Nazi death camp. He meant Lubyanka Square...

Imagine if Bush had said that, but no, Kerry is the moron.

Despite his claims of being Irish Catholic, Kerry is quite aware of his Jewish roots. Freudian slip, maybe?

I think I'm on the same page here after reading your link, but 'Freudian slip' may not have been an accurate term on your part. 'Calculated reference' would have been better. :wink:
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:43 am
Quote:
(CBS) Uncommitted voters who watched Thursday night's presidential debate said John Kerry won the debate against President Bush, and most of those voters improved their opinion about the Democratic candidate because of the debate, according to a CBS News poll.

The polling data may be correct, but this is the same CBS who twice in the last two weeks has been caught using falsified documents/information for stories uncomplimentary to Bush. This did improve their ratings last night as people tuned in there out of curiosity to see what spin they would put on the debate. I'll wait to see if other polls concur with theirs before accepting their poll on a stand alone basis.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:44 am
So if you see similar numbers from other sources, you'll believe it?

(Yes, it's a leading question.)
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:44 am
I believe all of the online polls said the same thing, though I don't know of any scientific polls that have been taken yet.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:45 am
No, Cav, I think JW is taking it as a given that Jewish roots are something to hide, nervously.

But I'll let JW explain.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:46 am
I'm looking forward to JW's response then, soz.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:49 am
These instant polls are of little value because they ask people to make snap judgments based on first impressions. It will be more interesting to see what the next Zogby poll reveals.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:50 am
Sozobe, I put as much faith in CBS on a stand alone basis as you apparently put faith in Drudge on a stand alone basis. So yes, if other credible sources agree, I'll believe CBS didn't skew the facts this time. Otherwise, they have proved themselves worthy of being suspect.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:51 am
Yahoo's most recent AP headline is "3 Polls Show Kerry Won Debate Over Bush", and they seem to be "real" (not insta-), but haven't found links to them yet.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:52 am
georgeob1 wrote:
I enjoyed a very pleasant dinner with friends and missed the debate. My impression from the news reports was that Kerry was Kerry, and Bush was Bush. If so, probably not an event that will significantly change the current trajectory with the voting public.

I saw a post by someone directly after the debate, punditing that Kerry won and predicting how that would be evidenced by the reactions of Republicans: "look out for them to try to make it into a non-event".
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:53 am
nimh wrote:

I saw a post by someone directly after the debate, punditing that Kerry won and predicting how that would be evidenced by the reactions of Republicans: "look out for them to try to make it into a non-event".

That's exactly what European commentators said early morning here :wink:
0 Replies