Kerry wiped the floor with Bush

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:35 pm
This was like a boy fighting a man, it wasn't even a contest. Kerry annilated him, he went after Bush and Bush had no ammunition to fight back.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 22,274 • Replies: 447
No top replies

PamO

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:36 pm
not in my opinion...
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:55 pm
Bush didn't respond to ANY acusations, not one. He was cleaned up. He didn't respond to anything it wasn't even a contest.
0 Replies

coachryan

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 09:08 pm
check out the insta poll results at MSNBC
and vote/ check results at
CNN
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 09:17 pm
Kerry 71 Bush 29, I'd say Kerry won
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 09:30 pm
Cnn Kerry 90% Bush 10%. . .

like I said wiped the floor with him.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 09:30 pm
Joe Republican wrote:
Kerry 71 Bush 29, I'd say Kerry won
I ownder if a Foxnews.com poll would show the same type of bias?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 09:36 pm
Wot's an 'ownder'?
0 Replies

Dalthan

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 09:46 pm
I caught the last half of the debates and was wondering if you guys had key lines or quotes that show kerry beating bush or bush beating kerry. This saying "Kerry wiped the floor with Bush" doesn't do me any good. How was Bush beaten and if he wasn't how was Kerry beaten?

_-=-_
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 09:54 pm
welcome dalthan!

it doesn't matter at all who the press/journalists, etc. say won the debate.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 09:59 pm
i'd say that's precisely what does matter. not at this precise moment, but tomorrow, day after tomorrow - what the media will make of it. i thought kerry was quite strong, bush seemed tense, sometimes he pulled topics out out of the blue - he can't react appropriately and swiftly. i ain't a kerry fan either, but must say i was darn pleased about what he had to say about sudan. we'll see where the next debate goes.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:04 pm
Just wonder if that 71-29 will translate into votes for Kerry?
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:05 pm
Dalthan wrote:
I caught the last half of the debates and was wondering if you guys had key lines or quotes that show kerry beating bush or bush beating kerry. This saying "Kerry wiped the floor with Bush" doesn't do me any good. How was Bush beaten and if he wasn't how was Kerry beaten?

_-=-_

Throughout the entire debate, Kerry flat out accused the president for misleading the American public on the war in Iraq. Bush did not have a comeback other then something like this. . .

Bush- It's my belief that you can't win the war on terror unless you're steadfast and resolve. You can't change your position and lead.

Kerry- I am resolute and I haven't changed my position no matter what you say. I wanted you to do what you told the senate you would do, use force as a last resort. Do what your father did and get an alliance of nations, and spread out the duities. You instead ignored the rest of the world and went at it alone, it was the wrong way.

Bush- You can't lead the country and say it was a wrong war. You flipp flopped.

Kerry- You lied to the American public and Americans are dying over it.

Bush- You change your mind.

Kerry- Am I really debating this individual?

Bush- I am rubber, you are glue.

Kerry- You are leader of the free world, there's no virtue in consistency if you are wrong.

Bush- drool, waaaa, googoo-gaagaaa

Kerry- ???

Bush- Rummy. . . help meeee

J/K
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:08 pm
And didn't Bush railroad Leher several times into giving him more time. Isn't that a debate no-no?
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:08 pm
With a clear majority saying the debates won't influence their vote, it doesn't much matter really.

My biggest disappointment was Kerry not stepping up to the podium and saluting. (I guess his "handlers" advised against that LOL).

I think his references to "being in combat" however, probably reminded some of what he did after "being in combat".

Tommy Franks tonight said he didn't see how Kerry could look a soldier or a mom or dad of a soldier in the eye after calling the war in Iraq a "grand diversion". He said that "greatly troubled" him.

General Franks further stated that the Senator is 100% wrong in saying that troops and resources were diverted from Afghanistan in order to concentrate on Iraq. He said never at any time was there a reduction in troops in Afghanistan nor was money or any other resource diverted for that purpose. I guess he should know...he was there.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:10 pm
I think you're wrong; I distinctly heard "pappa Cheney, please help me...."
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:11 pm
LittleK - no - Lehrer explained before the debate started that he could allow 1 minute - at his discretion - for a rebuttal from either side, should they signal for one.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:13 pm
At his discretion, not Bush's.
0 Replies

Dalthan

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:13 pm
But why do you think one candidate won and not another?

_-=-_
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:14 pm
Yes - and both President Bush and Kerry were allowed 30 seconds upon signaling Mr. Lehrer.
0 Replies