These are the FACTS, do you contest them?

Kolyo

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:34 pm
P = NP. That's a FACT !!!

If McG disagrees let him prove me wrong. Wink
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:38 pm
@joefromchicago,
These are good points Joe. The author uses a rhetorical tool of asking a question that can't be answered to demonstrate a point that could be a fact. So, while yes, they are questions, they are asking the reader to question things such as the "Russian reset". I suspect that you know all this already though.

You ask "So what?" I say that furthering the failures of this list by electing Hillary to President is continuing a failed Presidency. That's the point. So what? Obama has a lot of failures under his belt and the country can't continue those policies. That's what.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:40 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I'll grant you that they are all true.

That's all I ask. I am glad you and Joe agree.
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:41 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Good points. Would you still never vote for Hilary if you knew then what you know now? Genuine curiosity.

I'm not sure I understand your question, so I'll just say that nothing that I've learned since I decided not to vote for Clinton has made me change my mind.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:42 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

So I won't see whatever it is you reply.

But, you'll miss my witty repost of your poor attitude. Sad

I am sorry that you have no idea what a discussion is and that a lot of points fly over your head. I suspect that you read a lot of CI's posts while nodding along with them.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:45 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

You ask "So what?" I say that furthering the failures of this list by electing Hillary to President is continuing a failed Presidency. That's the point. So what? Obama has a lot of failures under his belt and the country can't continue those policies. That's what.

What makes you think those facts represent Obama's failures?
maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:47 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

These are good points Joe. The author uses a rhetorical tool of asking a question that can't be answered to demonstrate a point that could be a fact. So, while yes, they are questions, they are asking the reader to question things such as the "Russian reset". I suspect that you know all this already though.

Do you judge everything in your life by only the negative McGentrix?

Do you look at the batting averages of your favorite players and keep getting pissed at how poor they are!! I mean how can you not get on base 70% of the time!!! ******* losers; all of them. Fire them all.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:48 pm
@joefromchicago,
They are a reflection of his failed policies and Presidency. I don't think anyone is suggesting that Obama is out running around creating chaos personally.
maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:49 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

maporsche wrote:

We also agree that they're meaningless, prove nothing, and that we're all wasting our time.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:50 pm
@maporsche,
Of course not. But, if they are batting .067 and the rest of the team is .250+ then you need to cut the dead weight and find a new player that has a better average. You don't seek out another player with a lower average.
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:50 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

They are a reflection of his failed policies and Presidency.

How so?
McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:51 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

maporsche wrote:

We also agree that they're meaningless, prove nothing, and that we're all wasting our time.

You say that only because you are frightened by the facts listed and cannot refute them. I understand. You're hurt because your idol is a failure.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:54 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Of course not. But, if they are batting .067 and the rest of the team is .250+ then you need to cut the dead weight and find a new player that has a better average. You don't seek out another player with a lower average.

Yeah, you're right. The previous guy was batting .067 and Obama, while better at .250 isn't the greatest (but he is way better than the other AAA guys they left in the minors).

Now we're picking out the next player and it's between someone with a lot of baseball experience and the ball boy (who hates women).

Easy choice.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:56 pm
@joefromchicago,
Ask more meaningful question Joe. You're not 8.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:59 pm
@maporsche,
That's neat, but You know that Obama is the player being referred to in my example. Hillary is just a continuation of the failures listed in OP. The facts don't lie.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 10:03 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Well, let's just take your first fact:

McGentrix wrote:
95 million Americans are out of the labor force. Of that, there has been a 20 percent increase in the number of black Americans who have fallen out of the labor force since Obama became president.

How is that a failure of Obama's presidency?
roger

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 10:06 pm
@joefromchicago,
The question referred to the old thread title you started some time ago. Thanks for answering and it really was just curiosity.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 10:08 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Ok, so then that fact stands. Doesn't say much about Obama and his poor job as President.

Can you describe for me about Obama's poor job as president?

According to ALL the polls, the majority approves of Obama's performance as our president.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_approval_rating

It seems it's you who is living in another reality.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 10:10 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Well, let's just take your first fact:

McGentrix wrote:
95 million Americans are out of the labor force. Of that, there has been a 20 percent increase in the number of black Americans who have fallen out of the labor force since Obama became president.

How is that a failure of Obama's presidency?

Are you saying that it's a positive that 95 million Americans are out of the labor force? Or, are you wondering if there is something other that the executive branch responsible? I know that you'll try to blame the Republican house some how, but the executive runs the dept of labor and other agencies responsible for such things as people in the labor force. But, as someone famous once said "The buck stops here!" meaning the Presidents desk.

I know that without any doubt what so ever, that similar fact would be blamed on Bush were he President and you would have zero questions. So, put the partisan glasses down and examine the facts. Those numbers are a failure to get people working again.
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 10:39 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Are you saying that it's a positive that 95 million Americans are out of the labor force?

It could be. After all, you didn't cite the jobless statistic, you cited the "people out of the labor force" statistic. Those aren't the same thing. Or dd you think they were?

McGentrix wrote:
but the executive runs the dept of labor and other agencies responsible for such things as people in the labor force.

Do you think that the Labor Department is just a big job placement agency?

McGentrix wrote:
Those numbers are a failure to get people working again.

Not necessarily. People "out of the labor force" include retirees and children. I know you may disagree, but I think it's actually a good thing that we don't force children and the elderly to work. And given that we have more retirees then ever (a combination of improved living conditions and the leading edge of the baby boom reaching 65), the increase in the number of people in the "out of the labor force" group may simply be the result of demographics. Do you have any evidence to suggest otherwise?