These are the FACTS, do you contest them?

McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 06:07 pm
@InfraBlue,
As a total for their Presidency, yes. By each had at least one year of >3%
McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 06:08 pm
@chai2,
Quote the post and look at the last thing in the quote. ?
maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 06:43 pm
@Candlelight8,
Candlelight8 wrote:

Barack Hussein Obama has been the worst president in U. S. History.
I don't think it can be contested.
Candlelight8

I contest it heartedly!!!

/mic drop
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 06:45 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

As a total for their Presidency, yes. By each had at least one year of >3%

Oh, so we are measuring the success of a president based on only one year in their presidency. Why exactly?

Isn't an overall 2.4% growth better than anything less than that over a presidential term?
McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 06:48 pm
@maporsche,
Yes, but that is not the fact stated. Argue what they say, not what you want them to say.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 06:50 pm
@maporsche,
That 2.4% growth while the world's economy is in stress is a miracle for those who understands macroeconomics.
The Euro Area unemployment rate is almost 12%.
US: 4.9% in Jun 2016
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 07:38 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Yes, but that is not the fact stated. Argue what they say, not what you want them to say.

See this is why your article sucks, whatever the source.

Misleading with statistics to make an argument that when more thourughly examined doesn't hold up.
maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 07:40 pm
@McGentrix,
It would be like me stating that Trump hates people with vaginas and only using Rosie O'Donnell as proof.

It's cherry picking to make misleading comments.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 08:26 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

See this is why your article sucks, whatever the source.

Misleading with statistics to make an argument that when more thourughly examined doesn't hold up.

No. This is the fact:
Quote:
Obama is the only president in American history to never reach 3% GDP growth.

I am sorry you can't read that for what it says instead of trying to change it to mean something else.

Yes, four other Presidents had lower TOTAL %, but during their term that had better than Obama. Just deal with it man. Facts can be opposed to your position.
maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 08:51 pm
@McGentrix,
I don't care about your fact. It's meaningless. Nothing to get over. You star has no value.
chai2

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 08:56 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Quote the post and look at the last thing in the quote. ?

Are you serious?
Everyone was supposed to know that?
I'd never seen that before in my life.

That's not being lazy on the readers part, but on yours, and that's a FACT!

So where it Hannity get these "FACTS"?

McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:05 pm
@chai2,
I wanted to discuss the content, not the author. If you think these facts are false, PLEASE prove it. The link is in the post, just not obvious because I know many of you can't see past certain things.

Discuss the content.

I mean, if you can. Where did he get them? I assume they were researched.
chai2

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:07 pm
@McGentrix,
The onus is not on me, or anyone, to prove something is false.

It's on you to prove it is true.

If you can.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:08 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I don't care about your fact. It's meaningless. Nothing to get over. You star has no value.

Ok, so then that fact stands. Doesn't say much about Obama and his poor job as President. I know it's hard to admit that, so I understand your desire to try to ignore them. Doesn't change the fact that they are actually the facts. Maybe you'd rather try to manipulate a different one to mean something that better fits your ideology?
McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:12 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

The onus is not on me, or anyone, to prove something is false.

It's on you to prove it is true.

If you can.

Maybe you don't get the whole idea of a discussion? See, I made a post and stated certain things as facts. You then make a post explaining how they are not facts.

So, I say Water freezes. Maporshe then says that on a stove water boils so I am obviously wrong and then you come on and ask for my source and then tell me I need to prove that water freezes... You're really not holding up your side very well.
joefromchicago

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:13 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Consider these FACTS about where we, the American people, are today:

I'll assume that all of the factual and fact-like statements that you copied-and-pasted are true, just because I have no interest whatsoever in the truth or falsity of them. Simply put, facts without context are not very interesting. "Obama is left-handed." "Obama was blamed for the only veto override of his presidency." "Obama's dog is the gayest First Dog since Hoover's poodle." All facts, and, just like the facts in your C&P, they all merit a "so what?" response.

On the other hand:
McGentrix wrote:
* U.S. foreign policy has been a disaster for the last seven years.

That's not a fact, that's an opinion.

McGentrix wrote:
* U.S. policies under Hillary Clinton and Obama in Iraq and Syria created a vacuum for ISIS to emerge with the finances (oil) to expand their terror network, including into the United States.

Again, another opinion - unless you have some objective means by which to measure "vacuumness."

McGentrix wrote:
What is worse: Donald Trump's locker-room talk a decade ago? Or the fact that four Americans were abandoned and left to die?

That's not a fact, that's a question.

McGentrix wrote:
* A Russian reset? How's that working out?

Another question.

McGentrix wrote:
* North Korea?

* China?

Those are the names of countries with question marks after them. Does that make them questions?
maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:19 pm
@McGentrix,
You owe us an apology for wasting our time.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:21 pm
@joefromchicago,
Good points. Would you still never vote for Hilary if you knew then what you know now? Genuine curiosity.
maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:23 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

maporsche wrote:

Ok, so then that fact stands. Doesn't say much about Obama and his poor job as President. I know it's hard to admit that, so I understand your desire to try to ignore them. Doesn't change the fact that they are actually the facts. Maybe you'd rather try to manipulate a different one to mean something that better fits your ideology?

That fact says nothing about Obama's effectiveness as president.

Like Joe, I'll grant you that they are all true. They mean nothing. Meaningless facts.
chai2

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 09:31 pm
@McGentrix,
No.
That's not how it works McGentrix.

The person who states something as a fact must prove it.

Your argument is despearate. Surely you know better than that.

BTW...
http://sciencelearn.org.nz/Contexts/Icy-Ecosystems/Science-Ideas-and-Concepts/Water-and-ice

3rd section down.

I'm gonna have to take this thread off my view. It's too heartbreaking to watch your attempts at logic. It's just too foolish for words.

So I won't see whatever it is you reply.