Need help plzzz for writing a letter

Maggi54

Tue 20 Sep, 2016 04:22 am
Dear All,

I had resigned my job sunddenly without notice period 2 months back due to accident. I informed my boss about my accident also said that i wud like to resign my job. Boss accepted my resignation also cleared my due payment. We will have 2 shifts job like 1 week morning shift and 1 week afternoon shift. Now i hav recovered somehow, i would like to rejoin but i can do only fixed morning shift job becz wen we have afternoon shift, we have travel in the night....night i couldn't be able to travel as i hav met with accident during that time. Also i come from long distance in heavy traffic. If my boss accept my request i would like to rejoin only morning shift.....

Friends i need a letter on this topic to my boss....
Please help me...

Respected sir,
I am Xxx. Firstly i would like to say thanks as i received my july month salary. I am writing this letter to request you for my rejoining of the company. As you know that I have resigned from the company two months back due to leg injury in a road accident. I have being recovered now. I would like to rejoin if it is possible to arrange fixed morning shift for me.Because when i have afternoon shift, i have to travel in the night.Night i couldn't be able to travel as i have met with accident during that time, also i come from long distance in heavy traffic. If it is possible to arrange morning shift for me then i can rejoin.
Hope you consider my request and do needful

Thanks and Regards,

Yours sincerely,
xxxxx

Is this letter looking like formal letter....plz do if any changes
Thanks In Advance !!

jespah

Tue 20 Sep, 2016 06:54 am
You have a lot of trouble with English tenses. It's more than I can help you with. Google Grammar Girl and do a lot of reading. Your letter reads like someone whose first language is not English. If that is the case, please don't think I'm being harsh, but you need to be better understood. If you and your boss have a different language in common, you might want to use that instead.

But beyond that, your boss doesn't care what your commute is like. They just want you in the office and working, period. So don't even mention it.

Just ask for your old job back and for the morning shift. Don't offer reasons unless asked. And don't thank them for your July (yes, you are supposed to capitalize all months) pay check. It is their job to pay you if you are owed money. It's nice to be courteous but it's not necessary in this case. Plunge right into why you are writing - you would like to return and you would like the morning shift. Say thank you for them considering it (that would be the time to be polite) and sign your name with your contact information.
Maggi54

Tue 20 Sep, 2016 10:06 am
@jespah,
Hi jespah,
Thank you for responding to my letter....

I have modified my letter could you please check it once

Dear Sir,

First, I would like to say thanks for my July salary. I am writing this letter to request to rejoin the company. As you know, I resigned from the company two months back due to the leg injury I sustained in a road accident. I have now recovered.

I would like, if possible, to come back to work but I would be able to work only the morning shift. This is because to work the afternoon shift, I would have to travel at night. I don't want to travel at night as that is when I had my accident. Also, I have to travel a long distance in heavy traffic.

If it is possible to arrange only morning shifts for me then I would be able to return to work.

Thank you for considering my request. ( Hope you consider my request) which one is correct

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxx

Is this formal?
Please make any necessary changes.
Thanks in advance
ehBeth

Tue 20 Sep, 2016 10:12 am
@Maggi54,
Maggi - read Jespah's advice to you and then edit your letter to reflect her comments.
0 Replies

Maggi54

Tue 20 Sep, 2016 11:41 am
@Maggi54,
Actually i resigned my job without notice period. Eventhough my boss cleared my salary. For that i would like to mention thanks....
Anyways, thank you jesspah for your advice....
0 Replies