Please help me proofread a letter

ziawj2

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2012 08:34 am
I made some changes to make the original letter concise. Do you have any other advice to make it more natural? Thank you.
Original:
Terrific news—congratulations on your engagement.You and Mark match each other well and I have confidence that you two can make a perfect couple.Since you have just built a wonderful career,you also worth a man like Mark to build a happy family.I am looking forward to attending your wedding soon.Best wishes to you and Mark, for a life filled with harmonious and happiness.
Revised:
Congratulations on your engagement to Mark. You match each other well and will make a perfect couple. You have just built a wonderful career and deserve a happy family with a man like Mike. I am looking forward to attending your wedding. Best wishes to you and Mark for a life filled with harmony and happiness.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 973 • Replies: 2
No top replies

MBG

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2012 08:05 pm
@ziawj2,
Hi,
Just a couple of things. In your third sentence you spelled the man's name as Mike where everywhere else you call him Mark. Is Mike a misspelling? Then I would have phrased your second sentence like: The two of you make a perfect couple. Hope that helps.
ziawj2

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2012 08:20 pm
@MBG,
Yes, Mike is misspelling. And is the phrase "You match each other well" acceptable to native speakers?
0 Replies