My wife doesn't want me to go to friend's wedding

ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 12:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It's fine that it's not happened in your circle. There is a big world out there with all kinds of variants.
Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 12:49 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

It's fine that it's not happened in your circle. There is a big world out there with all kinds of variants.

Quite true; however, social mores from one "variant" might not be acceptable in another "variant." The world is not necessarily one big Venn Diagram from high school algebra, so to speak.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 12:51 pm
@GeorgeDraws,
I wouldn't dream of accepting such an invitation.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 02:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Squalor is the wrong word. I've a paid off half duplex in a beautiful place, a tract, but a rather charming tract, and I know tracts from way back. I just have trouble with the taxes on my budget. It was a shock to me, after California, how they do things here. Picture if your property tax raised every year since you bought the place, re valuation.

I'm a little sloppy now re ability to keep up, so curb appeal has gone way down hill (aka, weeds, and I am unstable walking on sand), but back in Venice, people used to stop their cars or feet to look at our yard.

Inside, the place is still a lemon and I know how to fix it, but unable to pay for that. This is a situation ongoing for millions and millions.
The good part is that I have something like twenty paintings on my walls, not all by me. A lot of mine sold.

I am well aware you are proud of your accomplishments, as you should be.
I do get tired of your assumption that good people will reap the same as you have.

That business about pore was dumbness on my part. I was having a spelling seizure.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 02:47 pm
@ehBeth,
My wedding party, uh, six if I remember, depends on the hour, is photo embalmed on a2k somewhere, probably represented with an x. We both looked odd, very odd, for ourselves. We went shopping in Beverly Hills, also to Sax 5th Off, us of little moola. I got a tuxedo like black suit on sale rack from the real Saks, and he got a white suit, ala the movie guy. What a pair!
0 Replies

saab

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 11:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
He prepaid for everything and some people didn't show up.

Not showing up certainly is lousy behavior....If you cannot come, you tell that as soon as possible.
By the way, what does the fine titles have to do with your niece wedding?
0 Replies

trinkets008

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 12:40 am
@GeorgeDraws,
If you love your wife, then DO NOT go, but should try ur best to make your wife happy! that is it...
0 Replies

saw038

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 12:44 am
@GeorgeDraws,
That sounds somewhat controlling. I mean if you have trust in your relationship then it shouldn't matter if someone 'has the hots for you.'

It really should come down to you. Would you give in to someone who is interested in? If not, then there is no worry and your significant other should understand/trust you.
0 Replies

tictacti

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 01:09 pm
@GeorgeDraws,
As others have stated, it's customary to invite married couples to things together. It's extremely abnormal and inappropriate for her to say your wife can't go.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 01:30 pm
Exactly! It is customary in the United States (and Europe for that matter) to invite the wife/husband to a wedding. If it isn't customary in Canada, so be it, but I think the OP is in the United States.

Some people have manners, others don't care for it, but it's tacky and in poor taste to only ask one of the spouses to a wedding and not the pair, regardless how small or big the wedding is.

It's tacky, period!! To the OP: don't go to the wedding, your wife should be far more important than your co-worker. If not, then there is something wrong with your marriage.
0 Replies