Bubbles in urine

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2016 02:19 pm
I had kidney failure, and one of the symptoms is bubbles in the urine. However, there are many causes for bubbles in urine that may be 'natural.'
One cause can be high protein.
So for a little bit of education on 'bubbles in urine,' I thought it was a good idea to start a discussion on the subject.

http://www.md-health.com/Bubbles-In-Urine.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 975 • Replies: 13

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2016 02:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks for posting this thread. I was a clinical lab tech back in the later sixties and early seventies, and, I gotta tell ya, examined a great deal of urine, among other matters. I'm not up to date on it all, am interested.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2016 02:27 pm
Good topic to follow, CI.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 02:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I had kidney failure, and one of the symptoms is bubbles in the urine. However, there are many causes for bubbles in urine that may be 'natural.'
One cause can be high protein.
So for a little bit of education on 'bubbles in urine,' I thought it was a good idea to start a discussion on the subject.

http://www.md-health.com/Bubbles-In-Urine.html

Excess protein (albumin) in the urine is one of the signs of kidney disease.

So, it's not that bubbles are a sign of kidney disease, it's the protein/albumin that's a symptom.

In other words, if you're having bubbles in your urine, you should have it checked to see if there is excess albumin, which is crossing over from your blood.

All that blood they are always testing before/after/ during your dialysis ci? They are checking your albumin, creatinine, BUN (Blood urea nitrogen), etc. to check the efficiency of the dialysis, and your condition.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 02:39 pm
@chai2,
I just had my blood test last week, and my doc said everything is in the normal range. I'm surprised at my body to recover from an almost complete kidney failure. My brother is a doctor, and my sister is a nurse, and they have never heard of a kidney patient like me who was on dialysis get back kidney function like mine.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 02:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Renal function recovery does happen, not too often but it can occur. Take it from me I've done the reversal myself. (although I may not have been as progressed in deterioration of kidneys)

Even the renal clot and pyelonephritis didn't send my proteins back up.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2016 03:02 pm
@Sturgis,
Were you on dialysis too?
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 07:06 pm
My bad - I saw the thread topic and assumed it was about Budweiser.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 01:38 pm
@hingehead,
I'm in mental pain because my doc said I can't drink alcohol any more. He should have just shot my brains out!
roger

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 02:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That's nothing. I had an appointment for a pulmonary function test and the told me no caffeine 4 hours before the test. I asked if that included coffee, and her answer was a big, triumphant grin.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 02:39 pm
@roger,
No coffee! Hell, I'd shoot myself.
The first thing my wife and I do in the morning after we get up is go to PB and get coffee (and maybe pastry). I had the pineapple one this morning.
roger

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 02:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I did not shoot myself. I did get up four hours earlier than normal and actually exceeded their instructions. No caffeine four hours and ten minutes.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2016 03:17 pm
Hearing Don Ho (Tiny Bubbles) singing now.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 02:31 pm
@Ragman,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlCiDEXuxxA
0 Replies