I didn't hear a single word about THIS failure to cover heart during anthem....

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 02:50 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrnBiejXgAAbhuF.jpg

Of course Cruz was only tweaking his nipple.........

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 03:01 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I am sorry to inform you but the heart covering is a recent newbie thing re the anthem. Or maybe you know that. Standing is the military mode.

This reminds me of vows I made in religion classes. Luckily I forget them. Something about impurity and the Blessed Mother and God.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 03:19 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I also have photo of my dad, commanding officer, with the troops. What word for it? A mix of pride, sorrow, and later horror, all at once.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 03:27 pm
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w56/MyraGrozinger/New%20Start/14199581_1426329327382168_8691432341404441336_n_zpsyh0osbj1.jpg
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 03:29 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I thought Trump's heart was in a small casket in a tower on Mordor - how could he possibly reach it from there?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 03:35 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
Standing is the military mode.

tRump has never been in military mode and I've been covering my heart whenever the anthem is played, the Pledge is made and when the flag travels since I was a kid many years ago.

I really don't care if someone sits or wears a cover or covers his heart or not except when they question anyone-else's motives. There was a period in the late sixties during the Viet Nam war when I wouldn't rise for the flag or pledge but I got over it. And enlisted. And became a veteran.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 03:36 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
how could he possibly reach it from there?

I wasn't thinking. Its parked right next to Dick Cheney's. Cheney's is in a mason jar and tRump's is in a world class paper sack,
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 03:44 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Thank you, listening.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 03:55 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Some sites say the Pledge is the re the heart -- and the Anthem re standing, militarially. The interesting thing is that this all creates crisis.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 04:10 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
he interesting thing is that this all creates crisis.

No crisis, just hokey soundbites while tRump goes about race baiting and objectifying women with impunity.

Its a form of political ropadopery.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 10:03 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I read somewhere that the anthem is for standing and the pledge is for placing hand on heart. I, of course, am no expert. Whatever article I read, it said people were more and more doing the heart move during the anthem. Big broohaha on all this at the recent olympics.

not to be obnoxious again, but it reminds me of my vows of chastity in my high school. I have strong affirmation re my country, mixed with some nots, but don't like the show business.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 10:24 pm
Why does Ted Cruz apparently have a Napoleon complex? Napoleon was famous for always posing with his hand inside his jacket like that. Or is he just reaching for the pistol in his shoulder holster?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 03:03 am
Pledging allegiance is an entirely alien concept over here, but I do like this scene.

mesquite

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 03:03 am
@ossobucotemp,
36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem
Quote:
(1) when the flag is displayed—
(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 06:28 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Or is he just reaching for the pistol in his shoulder holster?

He's tweaking his left nipple.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 07:27 am
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

I am sorry to inform you but the heart covering is a recent newbie thing re the anthem. Or maybe you know that. Standing is the military mode.

Sorry Osso. But it looks like you really didn't bother to fact check your statement.

36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem
Quote:
(b) Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—
(1) when the flag is displayed—
(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;

(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and

(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and

(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

(Pub. L. 105–225, Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1263; Pub. L. 110–417, [div. A], title V, § 595, Oct. 14, 2008, 122 Stat. 4475.)

Quote:
The Independence Hall Association says the Flag Code, adopted first in 1923, requires those who are not members of the Armed Forces or veterans to face the flag and stand with a hand over their heart. Men in these crowds are told to remove hats or other headwear with their right hands and place them over their left shoulders

National Anthem Etiquette: What to Do at a Sporting Event or Political Rally

How is 93 years considered recent? Plus, Trump was never in the military.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 07:37 am
@tsarstepan,
Huh, I see I'm dead wrong. I've likely not saved the link where I read that either.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 07:45 am
Ah, here's where I got that idea -

http://able2know.org/topic/338991-1#post-6250218
maporsche

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 09:23 am
I live in Chicago and have attended many Blackhawks games (Hockey team)...not only do people in attendance not put there hands over their hearts they actually scream and yell through the entire performance.

No one seems to be too pissed about that though.

McGentrix

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 10:28 am
@bobsal u1553115,
How Barack Obama Broke the Law

http://img.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/2007/harkin_steak_fry/harkin_steak_fry_08.jpg