Hillary Clinton Press Conference Clock

farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 08:39 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
experience the real world instead of sitting at the computer 24/7 posting on a2K. Doesn't your mom ever come down into the basement and tell you to get out once in awhile?
Yet, I turn on the puter after a fine day on the road and youve been here much of this Sun commenting about how others should get their vitamin D.
what a 'crit.

giujohn

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 09:25 pm
@farmerman,
I'm actually at my job...your tax $ at work...and I don't think I will ever come close the bobbyboys proliferation when it comes to A2K...not by a long shot.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 07:11 am
@giujohn,
This is true. The thumbs down brigade is hard at work 24/7.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 06:07 am
Well, the clock can stop, Kaine and Hillary Clinton gave an interview on ABC.

Exclusive: Hillary Clinton Says Husband Bill Should Not Have to Resign From Foundation Until After Election
parados

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 06:36 am
@giujohn,
I find it interesting that you think you know my mind better than I do. You have to take my words and completely change the meanings in order to get to your asinine conclusions but that doesn't seem to stop you.

Simple fact. "Honor" doesn't mean "violate". The English language is quite clear on that. I have been quite clear on that. You can't seem to do anything other than completely change my argument so you can argue against it.
parados

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 06:40 am
Today is day 410 of Trump banning reporters from attending his events.

Day 6 of guijohn failing to explain how his twisted logic makes failing to honor the Constitution the same thing as violating it.
nimh

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 06:56 am
@revelette2,
An interview is not the same as a press conference though. In principle/theory*, at a press conference anyone can ask a question. With an interview, a politician can carefully select which exact journalist/host they want to talk to. Preferably one who will be friendly to them..

*Of course, in practice, the politician or their PR flack can do quite a bit of picking when it comes to who gets to ask a question at a press conference too.. Still, at least a bunch of journos from different media (with different angles) will usually get one.
revelette2

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 07:04 am
@nimh,
I admit to that, however, at least we have heard from her. Personally I don't blame her for not giving press conferences and as a candidate, I am not sure she is obligated to give one. However, when she is elected, she should be more accessible to the whole press.
giujohn

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 08:25 am
@revelette2,
An interview does not count as a press conference... A Press conference is when all the Press are invited to ask questions of Hillary in an uncontrolled situation where she is forced to answer those questions not on her terms but I'm the terms of the reporters asking them. Anything short of that is akin to her ropping off reporters as she's walking down the street.
giujohn

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 08:26 am
@parados,
Okay you can stop beating that dead horse it's starting to stink
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 08:28 am
@revelette2,
A presidential candidate who is not obligated to answer to the public...hmmmm... just the kind of President I want how about you... and you're all worried about Donald Trump makes me want to laugh.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 08:30 am
We should note that as of today. The Hillary Press Conference Clock is at

1 day.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 08:35 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
... A Press conference is when all the Press are invited to ask questions of x in an uncontrolled situation where x is forced to answer those questions not on x terms but I'm the terms of the reporters asking them.

I do hope you meant this to apply to all candidates and not any one candidate in particular.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 08:36 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Today is day 410 of Trump banning reporters from attending his events.

+
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 08:44 am
@giujohn,
A press conference is held if a person has something to announce or say, what does she have announce which would require a press conference? I honestly don't see the big deal. It is not as though she is the president yet where she needs to give a daily briefing.
giujohn

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 08:44 am
Now did you see that pathetic display in Ohio of Hillary's speech... another coughing Jag barely able to get the words out sounds like she's about ready to die so either she's not fit to be president because she has some type of medical condition that will probably get worse or maybe she's playing for sympathy or when she cut short the press conference on the plane because of another coughing Jag maybe this is just her little device to get around having to answer questions at a press conference.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 08:46 am
@revelette2,
The big deal is she's getting political cover from Obama's justice department when they release late on Friday and a holiday weekend the results of the FBI interview... And she has a lot of splainin to do
revelette2

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 08:48 am
@giujohn,
No she does not, the FBI already has announced their recommendation to not indict Hillary, the story is ended.
giujohn

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 08:53 am
@revelette2,
Wrong again we never knew that she told the investigators 39 times that she did not recall or that she had no idea that the cement classified or that discussing a drone strike on an unsecure email was problematic or that she had a hard time remembering security briefings

Oh the story is just beginning as evidenced by the fact that the CNN poll that just came out has Donald Trump now ahead of Hillary Clinton and it's only one day after Labor Day
revelette2

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 09:03 am
@giujohn,
They are tied, it will not last.

New National Poll Shows Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton Essentially Tied

Quote:
Donald J. Trump and Hillary Clinton enter the final stretch of the presidential race essentially tied, according to a new national poll released on Tuesday that reveals a country deeply divided on a racial and gender lines ahead of the November election.

A survey from CNN/ORC shows 45 percent of likely voters backing Mr. Trump, the Republican nominee, and 43 percent supporting Mrs. Clinton, the Democratic standard-bearer. Gary Johnson, the Libertarian Party candidate who is banking on late surge in the polls to be included in the presidential debates, sits in third place at 7 percent.

The poll suggests that the post-convention bounces have subsided and that Mr. Trump has weathered a difficult August, in which he shuffled staff members, insulted a Gold Star family and confused voters about his immigration policy. But Mrs. Clinton continues to face questions about her honesty, and new revelations about her email practices as secretary of state have cast a shadow over her campaign .

Mrs. Clinton was leading most national and state polls after the Democratic National Convention in late July, but Mr. Trump has gradually been gaining some ground in recent weeks. She still has the upper hand in many of the crucial swing states, such as Pennsylvania and Florida, which will likely decide the election.

The contours of the race remain relatively unchanged, according to the CNN poll. Mrs. Clinton continues to hold large leads with women, minorities and voters with college degrees. Mr. Trump does best with men, white voters and those who did not go to college.

On issues, Mr. Trump is seen as the strongest candidate to manage the economy and handle terrorism, while Mrs. Clinton wins on foreign policy and has an edge on immigration.

Voters view Mr. Trump as being the more honest candidate, but they prefer Mrs. Clinton’s temperament when it comes to being best suited to be commander in chief. Last week, Mr. Trump engaged in a Twitter spat with the president of Mexico, raising questions about his ability to deal with other world leaders.

But Mr. Trump, who has been moderating his positions recently, has also gained an advantage over Mrs. Clinton when it comes to appealing to independent voters. Nearly half of those queried say they would vote for the Republican nominee, while 29 percent say they would vote for Mrs. Clinton.

Although the poll does not indicate whether Mr. Johnson is pulling voters from either candidate, his supporters tend to be younger and more highly educated — suggesting that they would be more likely to be potential backers of Mrs. Clinton.

The poll had a margin of error of plus or minus four percentage points

0 Replies