The KGB? You're really up to date.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 09:29 am
@ossobucotemp,
Sorry.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 02:35 pm
@izzythepush,
Putin was in the KGB when this happened.

Yes I am quite up to date...

And who was the actual person who did the dirty deed of castrating a family member of a terrorist like Trump suggested doing...

Up to date actually and probably current policy.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 02:58 pm
@perennialloner,
Did you see the Russian people cheer when they invade Ukraine?

The Ukrainians are a predominantly Christian nation. Oh but the Russians love Iranians! The relations have "change dramatically"!(cynical)

The Russians are so ethical and accepting of other cultures. (really cynical)

LOL
perennialloner

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 03:07 pm
@TheCobbler,
No one said Russians love Iranians or vice versa. Russia and Iran are allies. You don't have to love a person to be allied with them. Japanese and American relations changed dramatically after WWII. That doesn't mean Japanese and Americans suddenly loved each other.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 05:09 pm
@perennialloner,
An ally without mutual loyalty is an oxymoron.

Like a friend with daggers for you.

Like gays for Islam or Christianity...

Tehran halts Russian raids on Syria from Iran
Islamic regime accuses Moscow of ‘showing off’ over agreement
https://www.petfinder.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/91615172-find-a-lump-on-cats-skin-632x475.jpg

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 05:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Ok.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 04:10 am
@TheCobbler,
No you're not, you seem to think that present day Iran is the same as that under the Shah, and that the USSR is the same as today's Russia. You use an extremely broad brush to discuss both Christianity and Islam which seems to be completely dictated by the negative experiences you've had as a homosexual.

You're like a walking example of the dangers of having a little knowledge.
perennialloner

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 04:57 am
@TheCobbler,
I think you have a poor understanding of what being an ally entails in today's world and in this context. Allied countries do not have to agree with and/or support everything that the other does.
Quote:
a state formally cooperating with another for a military or other purpose, typically by treaty.
Cooperating is the key word here.

Also, why would you start a thread asking why the US doesn't support Assad claiming that you don't know enough about the situation and then shoot down anyone who gives you an explanation. This is basically a thread for you to tell everyone that what you believe is right and that any beliefs differing from yours are wrong. You haven't honestly considered the points others have made, only rejected them outright.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 05:10 am
@perennialloner,
perennialloner wrote:
This is basically a thread for you to tell everyone that what you believe is right and that any beliefs differing from yours are wrong. You haven't honestly considered the points others have made, only rejected them outright.

You got that right, Cobbler/Rex is very much someone whose attitude is dictated by his own experiences with homophobia. I've pointed out on another thread that he risks becoming that he despises.

Religious people have been vocal in their homophobia towards him so all religious people are homophobic. And he fails to see the social differences between countries with a long tradition of democracy and those that haven't. Homosexuality was only decriminalised in the West in the 60s after about a hundred years of democracy. Russia didn't experience anything like it until the 1990s, and it's still a pipe dream in most of the ME. It's no wonder social justice is lagging behind the established liberal democracies.

Blanket condemnations stop any baby steps in the right direction and alienate those looking for change.
0 Replies

sky123

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 02:39 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
America is a source of freedom and liberation

For somebody who get the news from Fox news or is a fan of Hollywood.. yes, of course America is a source of freedom...
But in fact here are some samples of that freedom and liberation..
American unmanned aircrafts in Afghanistan
Iran Air Flight 655 (just have a youtube search)..and note that they gave the commander of such a disaster a legion of merit..
The chemical weapons that Saddam used against Iranians killing thousands..
Silence over untold amount of dollars that gathered together radical Wahhabis from all over the world to give a peaceful solution to Syrian people by chopping off their heads and burning them alive..
Look at what has happened. After the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq ME has fallen into a much deeper turbulence..
You do have LOTs of problems.. So solve the problems of your own people rather than interfering all over the world..
Trick over trick..
You see jabhat al-nusra (Al-Qaeda in Syria) changes its name to jabhat fateh al sham.. Then you see not only America removes it from the list of terrorist groups but also support it.. Oh God.. WHAT A NASTY TRICK..
Do you think the rest of the world are ....?
My logic is not binary.. So I do not accuse all Americans.. Many of Americans are nice people who just have believed the kind of fantasy that their media show of what they are doing all over the world..
Also I do understand the kind of patriotism that they have to their country. So do I have to my country. Also an English to his own country. But many of us miss this fact that we must put patriotism and bigotry aside to realize the reality.

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 03:02 pm
Avoid civilian casualties in Mosul battle: Putin tells West
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/avoid-civilian-casualties-in-mosul-battle-putin-tells-west/ar-AAj1onU?ocid=sf

Hundreds of thousands of civilians dead due to Russian bombing of Syria.

Okay Putin, thanks for the advice.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I appreciate the sentiment but the glaring hypocrisy is simply unbelievable.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 03:03 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy, get off my ******* back.

Krumple

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 05:27 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Izzy, get off my ******* back.

Try not to take Izzy too personally, thats just his breeding practice. He thinks its complimentry but it just grosses you out. Youll get use to it.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 10:13 pm
The connections between Trump and Russia are real...and they're cause for concern.
https://www.facebook.com/TheBriefing2016/videos/vb.415405165314505/599042536950766/?type=2&theater
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 10:39 pm
Some alliances between countries are simply for militaristic purposes.

Other alliances are because countries share deeply rooted beliefs in values like freedom and religious tolerance.

All I am saying is that alliances based solely upon militaristic power are the weakest and can unravel simply by being offered a better deal by the "other side".

I personally would rather have alliances with like minded countries that favor tolerance and social freedom, a love for democracy while respecting the unified will of their own people rather than an alliance based upon only a shaky military conglomeration.

There are strong alliances and contrarily there are alliances that are more thin than the paper they are written on.

This is why I laugh when some say that Russia and Iran are (and I quote) "strong allies".

Comprendo?

If it came down to it Russia and Iran would both eat each other alive.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 12:44 am
@TheCobbler,
I'll get off your back when you stop posting such opinionated horseshit. As has already been pointed out you start a thread asking something then throw a wobbly when you don't get the answers you want.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 12:47 am
@sky123,
I never claimed that America is a source of fr5eedom and liberation in the ME. Cobbler said that, I was just pointing out where he was wrong.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 03:39 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
If it came down to it Russia and Iran would both eat each other alive.

A stronger case could be made about the relationship between the US and Saudi Arabia, especially when you consider that no Iranians have been complicit in terrorist attacks in Russia, while a lot of the 9/11 bombers came from Saudi Arabia.
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 04:41 am
@izzythepush,
Saudi Arabia and the United States have had important political relations since the 1940s. (Wikipedia)

Russo-Persian War (1826–28)
Russo-Persian Wars

The Russo-Persian War of 1826–28 was the last major military conflict between the Russian and Persian empires.

After the Treaty of Gulistan that concluded the previous Russo-Persian War in 1813, peace reigned in the Caucasus for thirteen years. However, Fath 'Ali Shah, constantly in need of foreign subsidies, relied on the advice of British agents, who pressed him to reconquer the territories lost to Russia and pledged their support for military action. The matter was decided upon in spring 1826, when a bellicose party of Abbas Mirza prevailed in Tehran and the Russian minister, Aleksandr Sergeyevich Menshikov, was placed under house arrest.

And...

Bilateral relations between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United States began in 1933 when full diplomatic relations were established. Despite the differences between the two countries—an ultraconservative Islamic absolute monarchy, and a secular, democratic republic—the two countries have been allies. In recent years, the two countries have occasionally been described as having a "Special Relationship" with one another. Former President George W. Bush and current President Barack Obama have close and strong relations with senior members of the Saudi Royal Family.

Isn't Wikipedia wonderful, you should use it sometime Izzy before you run your mouth.

One difference is the US has never taken land from Saudi Arabia like Russia has to Persia (Iran). In fact we pretty much handed Iraq to Iran on a silver platter (though this may not have totally been the intention).

The Soviet–Afghan War lasted over nine years from December 1979 to February 1989. Insurgent groups ("the Mujahideen") fought against the Soviet Army and allied Afghan forces. Between 850,000–2 million civilians were killed and millions of Afghans fled the country as refugees mostly to Pakistan and Iran. The war is considered part of the Cold War.

I know Bin Laden came out of all of this too, but so did a million Afghanistan people who moved to Iran who are still pissed off at Russia for invading their country.

Did the US invade Iraq to take their land from them like Russian intended to do to Afghanistan?

...and Like Russia did to Persia (Iran) by absconding with their land also?

No, the US went there to liberate the people from Saddam and leave.

I am not saying our alliance with Saudi Arabia is perfect, more Saudis like the USA than US citizens like Saudi Arabia. Donald Trump has tried to make this hate even worse (Trump being an operative of Russia and all).

We have "thousands" of Saudi students studying in the US besides also having a substantial population of Saudi citizens in the US.