EXIT STRATEGY. . . . Let's help Mr. Trump out!!!!

Blickers

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 02:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Apparently the incident happened at a party when Trump was younger. Wealthy people with a compulsion for illegal sex quite often get their wants taken care of through contacts with people who specialize in this sort of thing. Remember Heidi Fleiss, the Hollywood Madam? I don't know if Trump actually did what the woman says he did, but if he did do that, I have to wonder what an underage girl is even doing at one of the swanky parties Trump would be found in.

Anything is possible, from Trump having to face criminal charges to Trump being entirely innocent of any wrongdoing.
Blickers

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 02:56 pm
@jespah,
Quote jespah:
Quote:
It's not impossible, but the proof standard is lower. Plus by it being brought in civil court, that's telling me either there was no probable cause to arrest in a criminal matter, or a criminal matter was bargained down.

Possibly the police might have checked out allegations related to the incident and found nothing, so they stopped looking. However, when a plaintiff files a suit, aren't they granted a time for discovery where they can conduct their own investigation and are not bound by the law the way the police are in many instances? I do believe I have seen instances where something started out as a civil suit, and the evidence that came out in the trial led to serious criminal charges.
revelette2

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 03:18 pm
@Blickers,
Unfortunately a lot of 13 year olds look older and can get away with at least 18. My own oldest granddaughter can, scares me to death. I am always cautioning her not to talk to older boys in high school much less grown men.
Blickers

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 03:37 pm
@revelette2,
Okay, like I said, one of the outcomes of this might well be that Trump did nothing wrong, or did nothing wrong knowingly. But another possible outcome is that there is a group of individuals who bring these girls into this situation that Trump utilizes. Sometimes the contacts are not as smart or professional as you would think. We'll see. But there might be criminal charges coming out of this.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 03:42 pm
@Blickers,
It's nauseating to see Trump holding his daughter by the hips, and say he'd date his daughter if she wasn't his daughter. One thing about Trump is that he says things no other candidate for president has ever said - especially about women.

And there's this: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/women-for-donald-trump-224088

Anyone care to explain why this is happening?

Clinton's lead is now 15 points. I doubt very much this spread will drop, but increase in the future.
Also, https://www.yahoo.com/news/post-convention-clinton-surges-polls-000000651.html?nhp=1
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 04:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
There is damned little chance of a billionaire spending any time in jail for a she said he said type accusation when he can buy any number of people to give him an alibi or testify to the "fact" she isent credible.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 04:12 pm
@RABEL222,
The legal system in this country stinks, because it's based on money. OJ and his 'dream team' is a good example.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 04:40 pm
@Blickers,
I sort of agree, too soon to jump to "he's guilty" or even if that was a true story.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 06:23 pm
@Blickers,
Of course plaintiffs are bound by the law. Proof which comes from illegal searches and seizures is contestable. Again, I repeat, the standard of proof is far lower. You've probably seen it in reverse, e. g. where a criminal case is won and then a related civil suit is filed. Going in the opposite direction doesn't help the DA much at all.

The DA or the cops or both found either there was no reason to go forward or the plaintiff decided not to go that route. Whatever happened, for whatever reason, that avenue was not explored.

Seriously, this is straw-clutching.

There are lots of other reasons to go after Trump. This does not appear to be one of them.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2016 07:16 pm
Quote jespah:
Quote:
You've probably seen it in reverse, e. g. where a criminal case is won and then a related civil suit is filed. Going in the opposite direction doesn't help the DA much at all.

Didn't the charge of perjury and obstruction of justice against Bill Clinton stem from the thrown-out civil case of Paula Jones?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 05:48 am
@Blickers,
Sure did, and he lost his law license over it.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 05:51 am
@Real Music,
[img]he has to withdraw his candidacy because his psychiatrist has declared him mentally insane.[/img]

And on the phone the shrink will sound mysteriously like tRump!
Blickers

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 06:47 am
@bobsal u1553115,
LOL! Trump is going to pull the old schoolboy trick of getting away with playing hooky and writing a phony doctor's note to cover it to get out of the race before he falls 30 points behind. Laughing .. Laughing
revelette2

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 06:48 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Actually he agreed to the suspension of it. He could have had it reinstated in 2006, apparently no one know if he did or not.

Clinton Eligible, Once Again, To Practice Law

Quote:
Mr. Clinton agreed to give up his Arkansas law license for five years as part of a three-way deal struck with the Arkansas Committee on Professional Conduct and Robert Ray, the independent counsel who took over the investigation into the president's statements about an intern, Monica Lewinsky. In the pact, Mr. Clinton acknowledged that some answers he gave about Ms. Lewinsky during a 1998 deposition were false and that he "knowingly gave misleading and evasive answers." However, he maintained that he did not intend to lie. The allegations were some of the same made against Mr. Clinton in articles of impeachment that were passed by the House but rejected by the Senate.

From what I understand, the whole thing got tricky because from what I remember (I was obsessed with this when it going on) there was a agreed upon definition in the Paula Jones case and according to that definition, he didn't have sexual relations with Lewinsky.

The whole entire thing was ridiculous from start to finish to have that much investigation and impeachment over an intimate act with an intern and giving evasive answers about it. He should just confessed up to it in the Paula Jones case and the first time it was brought up in the investigation, it was not against the law for him to relations with an intern as far as I know and we are not a moral police state. I think Americans would have shrugged their shoulders and thought the angry men investigating it to death needed to chill out some.
jespah

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 06:49 am
@Blickers,
I hadn't recalled that. But I believe what happened is, statements made during discovery in that case were used in a later unrelated matter against Clinton.

At some point, it turns into double jeopardy. Even Trump and Clinton get to be protected by the Fifth Amendment.

PS Thanks for the clarification, revelette.

And, I'm outta here. I'm not a fan of political discussions anyway.
Blickers

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 07:01 am
@jespah,
As I recall, the issue we were discussing was whether information that came out from the plaintiff during a civil case can later lead to a criminal case against the defendant. Double jeopardy doesn't apply, you can have a criminal case and a civil case going against you. Ask OJ Simpson.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 10:45 am
@revelette2,
I think the French had a good laugh over how Americans made such a big deal of it.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 04:11 pm
@Blickers,
To whom it may concern:

Donald Trump has to withdraw from the race.

signed,

Donald Trump's Doctor.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2016 09:25 pm
Do you think Russia is actually donating money to Trump's campaign? Not openly of course, but through intermediaries?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2016 05:47 am
@Blickers,
No doubt.

There's a lot of foreign money thrown around in primaries and elections - both legal and illegal.