My Boyfriend's best friend's behavior: Does he like me?

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 12:24 pm
Hello,

My boyfriend's best guy friend is acting odd to me and I need a reality check. Here are some of his behaviors that make me question his feelings:

1. We flirted heavily the last time we were together - heavy eye contact, talking, lots of smiles and some touching but nothing sexual.

2. He calls and texts my boyfriend all the time (incessantly!!) when he knows my BF and I are together.

3. I told him about my favorite album of all time, and he then reached out to the writer of that album and is now playing with him live (my BF's friend is a musician).

4. He invites us to watch him play music all of the time and sends me YouTube videos of him playing when I cannot attend.

5. He complains about his girl often to my BF - and he knows my BF will tell me all details about their conversations.

6. He tells my BF to bring me to shows to see him play, and told my BF he thinks I am pretty.

7. He told my BF that I am too good for him - too good for my BF.

Thanks for your thoughts!

JRF

jespah

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 12:30 pm
@strongbutbroken,
Possibly he does.

And it is utterly inappropriate.

You have a boyfriend. He has a girlfriend. And he is friends with your boyfriend. So at this point in time this guy is potentially being disrespectful to two people while, at the same time, putting you into an uncomfortable position.

Time to cut off your boyfriend whenever he shares with you the gory details of his bestie's love life. Make at least some of this hamster wheel come to a screeching halt.
contrex

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 12:46 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
Make at least some of this hamster wheel come to a screeching halt.

Very well put.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 12:53 pm
@jespah,
what jespah said.

and for your part, don't flirt with him.

maybe he's thinking you're the one that's into him.

Are you?
0 Replies