Mixed messages?

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 10:56 am
My girlfriend is Japanese. Doesn't have the best English but I love her all the same! We have been seeing each other for just over 3 months now.

She has gone back to Japan for 3 weeks and I am finding it frustrating getting in contact with her..I thought we would be skyping everyday but she is always tired or busy or forgets..and when we do Skype it's like she can't hang up quick enough.

I know she loves me but it takes her up to 6 hours sometimes to reply to my facebook messages and I am always quick to reply. She is always on my mind. She claims the same but it doesn't feel that way when she is always busy/forgetting...am I thinking about it too much? She comes back in 5 days but I miss her so much and I don't know how to ask her this, when she has already said she feels the same??

Thanks for your help. I am so confused 😓

chai2

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 11:09 am
@smiddy85,
That's really big of you to "love" someone even though their second language isn't the best.

How selfish and inconsiderate of her to not go out of her way to skype you every day reassuring you that she's thinking of nothing but you. Screw her family and friends and the fact she's in her native land and is experiencing all the comforts she grew up with.

I mean, god, 3 whole weeks, and you still have 5 days to go? Unbelieveable that you're not yet on life support.

You better create a lot of drama when she comes back, requiring lots of constant reassurance from her that she'll never dare to do anything like this again.
smiddy85

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 11:58 am
@chai2,
Thanks for judging instead of helping asshole
contrex

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 12:25 pm
Young people! When my girlfriend went to Japan in 1986, I thought I was very lucky to have a nice girl who wrote me a letter once a week. Get a life. And don't call people 'assholes'. Asshole.
PUNKEY

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 12:38 pm
Ye gads. The girl is on vacation!

Give her some breathing room.

Otherwise you come off as needy and overbearing. Show her you have functioned by yourself successfully.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 11:44 am
@smiddy85,
Quote:
Thanks for judging instead of helping asshole
You were judged based on the fact that your entire post was all about me, me, me. Not even an acknowledgement from you that you understood she might be busy at times and not able to get back to you right away. Nothing about hoping she was having a good time. It was all about poor lonely little you. So yeah, you were judged and found wanting.

Why don't you go back and read your post as though it is someone else writing it and if you are the least bit thoughtful about it you will see how you came across to us. But if your post is a good representation about the way you are, then hopefully your girlfriend will wise up and run fast and far away from you. The good news is that she won't see your post and you still have time to adjust your attitude before she returns. (Hopefully you haven't blasted her yet via text or email.)

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 11:47 am
@smiddy85,
smiddy85 wrote:
am I thinking about it too much?

yes

your new girlfriend is on vacation - this is time for her to focus on her friends and family in her home country

it would have been a good opportunity for you to do some things on your own or with friends

__

I hope you are not this clingy when she returns.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2016 01:31 pm
@contrex,
I am so sorry I didn't go to Japan with a teacher, later colleague and friend, who was from there, taking a group. As usual, a money thing - I was married, we were never with excellent income because of our career choices that we both agreed with, and I was afraid of creditcarditis.

Before that, I had a boyfriend, then a marine, write me from Okinawa once, an actual several page letter.

Anyway, I missed a lot by not going - I cringe even now.

On the matter of assholes, we are pretty free in speech at A2K, but that isn't useful for the person called it, or you, re others' respect.
0 Replies