How will Trump handle losing the election?

RABEL222

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 07:31 pm
Dont start counting your chickens till they are hatched. The conservatives are flooding the news sites with all kinds of B S about her e-mails that the more simple among us will want to believe. After all everyone knows that the media never lies.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 07:45 pm
@RABEL222,
Here's the factcheck on Hillary's email account.
Hillary Clinton’s emails: a timeline of actions and regulations

March 10, 2015: The Fact Checker compiled an extensive timeline concerning government rules and regulations on the use of private email accounts and Clinton’s actions. The timeline shows that before she became secretary, the State Department made clear that certain email records should be retained and that official communication systems were preferred. During Clinton’s term as secretary, regulations were tightened concerning the preservation of email records, and concerns were raised about the use of personal email accounts for official business. But the legal requirement to immediately preserve emails from nongovernment email accounts was not made mandatory until nearly two years after she stepped down.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 07:45 pm
@snood,
Bravo! insightful.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 07:47 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Dont start counting your chickens till they are hatched. The conservatives are flooding the news sites with all kinds of B S about her e-mails that the more simple among us will want to believe. After all everyone knows that the media never lies.

Don't you think that Trump isn't really attracting any new voters now; that his support is pretty much already baked in? I'm the last to count my chickens usually, but I see the big danger here in what Trump can do to our country after losing.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 07:48 pm
@snood,
Quote:
big danger here in what Trump can do to our country after losing.

Can you expand on that?
RABEL222

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 08:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Remember Bush and Chaney. Woops, misread post forget my reply.
Krumple

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 08:47 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Remember Bush and Chaney.

I liked Obamas joke when Chaney called Obama the worst president in U.S. history and Obamas reply was, thats funny, I thought you (Chaney) were the worst president in U.S. history.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 09:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
big danger here in what Trump can do to our country after losing.

Can you expand on that?

I expanded on it in a fairly long post just a few posts back.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 09:49 pm
@snood,
Your Trump losing blog was spot on!
Krumple

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 09:55 pm
@snood,
How do you tell the difference between a democrat and a republican?

By the color of their blinders.
snood

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 04:59 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Your Trump losing blog was spot on!

Actually, I hope I'm wrong. The irresponsible nutcase could really make a big mess for the country if he wanted to.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 05:20 am
@snood,
I agree he's preaching to the choir to stop the bleeding of his support.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 06:01 am
@snood,
He'll go just like he did for that minister in Flint: quietly and mouselike.

And then he'll twitter storm his quickly diminishing list of followers.

When he loses, his current followers in the GOP will blame the losing on the loser, tRump, just like they always have.

His basket of deplorables will slink off to the bars and plotting revolution into their beer until the next demagogue decides to turn them into useful idiots.
maporsche

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 06:32 am
@Krumple,
I curious what you think people are blinded by.
snood

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 06:39 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

He'll go just like he did for that minister in Flint: quietly and mouselike.

And then he'll twitter storm his quickly diminishing list of followers.

When he loses, his current followers in the GOP will blame the losing on the loser, tRump, just like they always have.

His basket of deplorables will slink off to the bars and plotting revolution into their beer until the next demagogue decides to turn them into useful idiots.

I hope you're 100% right, I really do.
engineer

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 06:57 am
@snood,
But you know that it won't happen that way. Should Trump lose, he will go on a rant about how "illegals" poured over the border to rig the election. He'll use the platform he has along with the white nationalist press he's gathered to his side (Breitbart and Alies) to continue to spread his lies and whip up his base. Eventually he will fail because he's too caustic (and honestly too stupid) to lead (think Jean-Marie Le Pen in France), but then a more charismatic figure will arise to take over the movement. Since the Republican party counts on this group for a significant portion of their support (and the Democrats are fooling themselves if they think some of their support isn't in this group as well), we will see a split along the lines of what happened to the Democrats in the 40's when the Dixiecrats in the South started to split off.
oralloy

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 07:06 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
You remember those heady hours and days after the first Obama win? Well some beady-eyed little coward republicans could never acknowledge the resounding victory – they could only find one reaction in their teeny hearts… they decided that they were just going to say NO to any and everything Obama proposed. That was their brave and wise response, and they have kept it up religiously for about 8 years now.

Well, I predict that Trump and those unfortunate souls who have hitched themselves to him are going to make that obstruction – including the government shut downs, the “you lied” during the SOTU speech, and all the unrelenting disrespect – they are going to make those things look downright patriotic when Trump loses.

I predict a **** storm when Trump loses - unprecedented in its scope and ugliness. A big, long lasting, far reaching **** storm – courtesy of that gold plated sham; that adolescent narcissistic pustule Donald John Trump.

Good grief. Can't the Democrats just grow up and realize that not everyone agrees with their demented agenda, that people who disagree with that demented agenda will always do their best to block it, and that this is perfectly reasonable and normal?

Or, IF Hillary wins, do we need to send a bunch of baby pacifiers to the Democrats to help them cope with the fact that there are people out there who oppose their demented agenda?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 07:09 am
@engineer,
Won't matter much how he vents: the GOP and everybody else has had enough of him. He'll pull a Charles Foster Kane and fade away. Broke.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 07:37 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
IF Hillary wins, do we need to send a bunch of baby pacifiers to the Democrats to help them cope with the fact that there are people out there who oppose their demented agenda?

But, but... You've already said that Trump will definitely win and usher in 20 years of Republican presidencies, right? Don't start stuttering now!! I'm hoping to enjoy your triumphant commentary on election night! Buck up!!
Blickers

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2016 07:41 am
@snood,
Quote snood:
Quote:
But, but... You've already said that Trump will definitely win and usher in 20 years of Republican presidencies, right? Don't start stuttering now!! I'm hoping to enjoy your triumphant commentary on election night! Buck up!!

I second that emotion. Throughout this election cycle, oralloy has been the inspiring example of faith and belief in a certain set of principles. I disagreed with his principles, but I admired his faith and belief in them. Surely Oralloy is not joining the pack of rats deserting the ship now. I couldn't bear it.