How will Trump handle losing the election?

blatham

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 06:27 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
I happen to enjoy reading both of you,

I assume you refer to Farmerman. How could anyone not love that guy. I've had a boner for him since pretty much day one.
Quote:
Blatham, I've never thought of you as little.

My size is really quite dependent on the story I'm telling and, of course, the audience. And the theatre.
blatham

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 06:31 pm
Perhaps off topic...

John Waters is a ******* revelation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AI23suJIWE
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 06:53 pm
@blatham,
Snort -

meantime, some of us open up threads when we click on threads and they may be old. I gather most of us just deal with it. In my case, it's a basket case system but others have it happen too, apparently re some cookies matter.
blatham

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 07:13 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
Snort

You snort divinely.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 07:22 pm
@blatham,
Watch out. Cookies may matter (don't ask me).
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 07:31 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I got the word 'snort' from the early a2k friend, Pifka. I stayed with her and her husband in one of my travel attempts, that one to New York. Piff had a wonderful horse.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 07:31 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Cookies do matter. There are two cases where they do.

1 - Grandma's chocolate cookies. Warm. **** me, did they matter.

2 - the two cookies that cover up the nipples on a buxom middle aged lady in diaphanous fabrics who made Miss April in the Snap-On Tools calendar for 2012 still hanging in the auto body repair shop lunch room wall. Those cookies matter.
McGentrix

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 07:33 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I found myself saying something along the lines of "You dummies. This guy is special. You're very, very fortunate to have him in the WH".

This is just so terribly wrong. Special? Nah. Just another liberal Democrat that thinks he is the only one that can save the world and anyone that thinks otherwise must be an idiot.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 07:35 pm
@blatham,
Eh!
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 08:11 pm
@maxdancona,
Such a 'weak candidate' is the first major female nominee for president in the history of the USA. She's not weak; she's done something that's never been done before. That takes strength. Yuge strength.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 08:23 pm
@maporsche,
Her gender has nothing to do with whether she has weaknesses or not. Male candidates have faced criticism before. Some male candidates have even lost elections. The idea is that Hillary should be judged on what she did the same way that every other candidate has been judged.

Her biggest weakness is the email scandal (something that she brought on herself). This is something that reinforces a general feeling that she lacks transparency and skirts rules. The Clinton foundation scandal, and her leaked speeches all support a general theme. There is no serious questions about Hillary's intelligence, or her experience. These are not weaknesses.

She is going to win the election... and the fact that a woman will be president is "yuge". I am happy that we will have a woman president.

But if you consider her as a candidate compared to all of the other candidates (without considering her gender) she has issues that are at least as bad as those that sank McCain, and Gore and Kerry (all losing candidates). More than half of all presidential candidates have lost the election.

She is very lucky that she has such an incompetent opponent.

0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 08:32 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

blatham wrote:

I found myself saying something along the lines of "You dummies. This guy is special. You're very, very fortunate to have him in the WH".

This is just so terribly wrong. Special? Nah. Just another liberal Democrat that thinks he is the only one that can save the world and anyone that thinks otherwise must be an idiot.

Among the many reasons Obama pissed off right-wingers was the fact that he was so scandal-free. They tried to hang Reverend Wright around his neck, but that just made Obama deliver possibly the best speech on race relations in the US, ever. They never could find that one thing that proved he was corrupt,dirty, un American, unfaithful, lazy, un-patriotic, ANYTHING. And God knows they tried. Just drives them crazy that he is so clean. Upstanding citizen. Harvard. Good Father and husband. Hard working.

But the fact they could never scandalize him is just one reason they hate him. They also hate that he really IS special. President of the Harvard Law Review. Nobel Prize winner. Twice elected President. Formidable politician. Outstanding orator. He is the epitome of the uppity Negro they could just never teach his "place".

And they will never admit it, but Obama took the WORST abuse any sitting president has had to take in modern history, and came through it smiling, strong and in good spirits. He started out his presidency reaching out to Republicans. My main complaint with him is that he took too long to learn that they didn't have his, or the country's best interests at heart. They just wanted him to fall. He didn't. And they hate him for that, too.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 08:53 pm
@snood,
I agree with Snood on this - 100%.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 08:27 am
I gather that McG who I don't have on ignore and the others who I cannot see (thank you Jesus) are suffering a rather acute emotional discomfort presently. Once again, they find themselves part of a righteous but unfairly beleaguered minority among the larger American community. It's almost as if they are giving up on the whole democracy thing.
Quote:
But these overt forms of voting suppression are merely the most visible manifestations of a larger questioning of democracy on the political right. Trump’s anti-democratic rhetoric—and the eagerness of so many good, white patriotic Americans to cheer it and believe it—is a symptom of the larger trend on the political right toward doubting the legitimacy of the American system. The question we need to be asking isn’t, “Why is Trump being such a jerk?” It’s, “Why is the American Right giving up on democracy?”
http://bit.ly/2egBTKV
farmerman

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 08:38 am
@blatham,
The GOP has been bitchin about voter fraud as if it were a national scandal throughout all levels , from Township to State level, Yet they totally ignore two issues tht hqve been championed by theCarl Rove school of democracy. These being

1. Disenfranchisement by rules imposition (we know damned well that these are cynical means just to "control minority participation"

and maybe even more subversive to the continuity of the Republic

2. Redistricting of the Congressional districts based upon whose got the majority in the US HOUSE on the Decennial Cencus Year (ends in a zero).

The fine art of mapping gerrymanders is the now a high tech product of complex models inputing everything from phone bills, to car purchases and restaurqnt hqbits (not just party affiliation)
blatham

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 08:50 am
@farmerman,
Right on. One of the recent news items that gave me a surge of enthusiasm was the announcement that when his term is done, Obama will join Holder in a serious project to get the gerrymandering corruption corrected.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 08:58 am
A little historical data. In mid November in the last months of Reagan's presidency, his approval rating was at 57%.

Obama's approval rating right now is 56%
(Gallup figures)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 09:01 am
@blatham,
Give up on Democracy? Never. I'm not one to give much credence to actual
"voter fraud" so much as I am disgusted my the craven media's attempt to alter the facts of the election.

The media doesn't like Trump and there is a preponderance of evidence to support that and I am sure that you are aware of the repeated negative press that the Trump campaign has endured.

Trump has certainly made some mistakes along the way and his message looks like a drunken stumble instead of the nice straight line of someone so practiced and corrupt as Clinton 2. That's the thing though. Trump is not a politician and he hasn't had years of lying through his smile like many others. That's why he won the primary and is also why the race is as close as it is.

I am truly hoping the the voters think they have the election so far in the bag that they don't even bother going to vote. This is expected to be one of the lowest voter turn out elections in history and I am hoping that 51% of those voters are Trump supporters.

See that? I wrote that all by myself without needing to rely on a blogger telling me what to think.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 09:34 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

The media doesn't like Trump

The media ******* loves Trump, because he's ratings gold. I despise the man, but I'm able to recognize that about him.

McGentrix wrote:
and there is a preponderance of evidence to support that and I am sure that you are aware of the repeated negative press that the Trump campaign has endured.

"Negative press?" You've got to be kidding me.... Wasn't he of the opinion, originally, that there is no such thing as bad press? Mr. "I could shoot someone in broad daylight and still win the election?"

Not to mention, this bad press is primarily just running a video loop of all the stupid/cruel/ugly things that Trump, himself, said on camera.

McGentrix wrote:
Trump has certainly made some mistakes along the way and his message looks like a drunken stumble instead of the nice straight line of someone so practiced and corrupt as Clinton 2. That's the thing though. Trump is not a politician and he hasn't had years of lying through his smile like many others. That's why he won the primary and is also why the race is as close as it is.

"As close at it is?" Do you really think any other Republican would have done worse than Donald?
McGentrix wrote:

I am truly hoping the the voters think they have the election so far in the bag that they don't even bother going to vote. This is expected to be one of the lowest voter turn out elections in history and I am hoping that 51% of those voters are Trump supporters.

Yeah, not gonna happen. So far, voter turnout is down or flat for Republicans and way up for Democrats.

McGentrix wrote:
See that? I wrote that all by myself without needing to rely on a blogger telling me what to think.

We can tell. Word of advice, you're probably better off when someone is telling you what to think.
Lash

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 09:44 am
@DrewDad,
You are truly blind if you don't see the glut of horrible press Trump has received.

I'm offline for several hours, but I propose members bring positive and negative articles by the press, and we'll judge by evidence.
0 Replies