How will Trump handle losing the election?

maporsche

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 08:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Trump is whining that the election is rigged. Trump is too stupid to be our president. He thinks a candidate can control all the voting districts for one party - one candidate.

That type of fraud would literally take hundreds of thousands of people to commit.
snood

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 08:23 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
Trump is whining that the election is rigged. Trump is too stupid to be our president.

Let me guess you do not think that there are bad people in this world capable of this behavior?

Capable of WHAT?
C.I. was simply saying our American national elections are too decentralized for any one (or any one hundred, for that matter)person to thwart the will of over a hundred forty million voters.

Take Florida, for instance. There are 67 separate counties with election officials in each county. The governor is Republican and the Attorney General is Republican. It is insanity to believe there is going to be enough voter fraud by Democrats to usurp the outcome of the voting. ESPECIALLY since the actual number of recorded cases of voter fraud is so tiny.

The President is right. Trump's just whining because he doesn't have the character to just put up a fight, take his loss, and bow out. He's a spoiled trust fund punk with no respect for the centuries-old democratic republic that he has the temerity to want to try to lead.
Below viewing threshold (view)
glitterbag

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 09:40 pm
@snood,
Oh for Christ sake, I'm more worried about the assholes who scream they will not accept the Democrat candidate if she wins, and suggest they will attempt to assassinate her. Thats the scandal, thats the disgrace, thats the shame. George Bush had to appeal to the Supreme Court in order to win the election. No one knows if he really really won, but we accepted that asshole without throwing the country into chaos. So, the next time somebody tells me they won't accept the peoples choice, I say, the hell with you, thats the way our democracy works, if it god enough for me, its good enough for your stupid ignorant poorly educated self.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 01:02 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
Yeah, Assange, Jesus - same thing.

That would be David Icke, self proclaimed son of God who nobody takes seriously save RL.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 05:17 am
I don't want to be a scold, but why do you folks torment yourselves reading Reasoning Logic's posts?

There's no light there at the end of the tunnel. Ever.

Save yourselves. Ignore.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 05:51 am
@Blickers,
And the same with gooooooooeyjohn and Mcg.

Don't feed the trolls.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 06:01 am
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/StreeM/2016/StreeM20161018_low.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 06:11 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

I don't want to be a scold, but why do you folks torment yourselves reading Reasoning Logic's posts?

I don't.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 06:50 am
@bobsal u1553115,
It took me about three posts to determine that gooey is a complete, useless troll.

I've held out some hope for McG, but he seems to be hopelessly bunkered up and posting conspiracy-theory crap at this point. Finn was worse than McG, but he seems to have taken his ball and gone home....
snood

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 08:28 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

It took me about three posts to determine that gooey is a complete, useless troll.

I've held out some hope for McG, but he seems to be hopelessly bunkered up and posting conspiracy-theory crap at this point. Finn was worse than McG, but he seems to have taken his ball and gone home....

Gawd we can only hope
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 09:13 am
@DrewDad,
I don't see "Gooey" as a troll. A troll is someone who challenges the group think here in a thoughtful way. I don't think Giujohn has even attempted to do that.

But, maybe you and I have a different definition for the word "troll". You seem to use the word to mean anyone who disagrees with your world view.
maporsche

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 09:45 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I don't see "Gooey" as a troll. A troll is someone who challenges the group think here in a thoughtful way. I don't think Giujohn has even attempted to do that.

But, maybe you and I have a different definition for the word "troll". You seem to use the word to mean anyone who disagrees with your world view.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement."

Now please find somewhere the defines troll as you do.
snood

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 09:54 am
@maporsche,
touche'!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 10:25 am
@maporsche,
Don't be too hard on Max, he also thinks he believes in women's rights.
revelette2

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 10:46 am
I suppose after the last couple of days we have the answer to the question of this thread. Trump will handle loosing the election in the same empty vulgar loud mouthed obnoxious bully that he has been the entire election season. (May it please be over soon.)

Trump’s Call to Monitor Polls Raises Fears of Intimidation
Quote:

Warning darkly of a stolen election, Donald J. Trump has called on supporters to turn out in droves on Election Day to monitor polling places, telling them they need to be vigilant against widespread voter fraud and a rigged outcome.

“Voter fraud is all too common, and then they criticize us for saying that,” he said at a rally Tuesday in Colorado Springs. “But take a look at Philadelphia, what’s been going on, take a look at Chicago, take a look at St. Louis. Take a look at some of these cities, where you see things happening that are horrendous.”

His language has stirred increasing fears of intimidation of minorities inside polling places, where their qualifications to vote could be challenged, or outside, where they would face illegal electioneering.

But as Mr. Trump casts doubt on the integrity of the presidential election, there are no signs of a wave of Trump poll watchers building. Like much else about his campaign, his call to “get everybody to go out and watch” the polls seems to be a Potemkin effort, with little or no organization behind it.

Still, his pronouncements about a “stolen” election were enough to draw a mocking rebuke Tuesday from President Obama, who suggested that Mr. Trump’s effort to delegitimize the election results even before the vote takes place was unprecedented. He told the Republican nominee to “stop whining and go try to make his case to get votes.”
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 12:10 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Well, as long as they don't use the word 'feminist'.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 12:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement."

izzythepush wrote:

I love irony.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 12:14 pm
@maporsche,
On Able2Know, as on many internet sites, the people who are called "trolls" are people who disagree with the group-think of the forum in question. They are called "trolls" even if they are completely on topic. Challenging an ideological narrative with reason or facts is enough to make you a troll.

If you have a problem with that, take it up with Izzy and Glitterbag.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 12:19 pm
@maxdancona,
As a self-proclaimed troll, I accept Finn as one of us. I don't think he would mind me saying so. Giujohn makes personal attacks rather than challenging group think with facts and reason. Giujohn acts more like Izzy and Glitterbag than like me.

There is a difference.
0 Replies