How will Trump handle losing the election?

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 12:51 pm
@revelette2,
A sucker born every minute - holds true.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 12:55 pm
@Lash,
Trump's mental capacity makes him unfit to lead anything. He scams people in business. He's a liar. What makes you think he's qualified to lead anything?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 01:12 pm
@izzythepush,
If that's the one revelette posted, I thought it was brilliant.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 01:48 pm
@Lash,
Lash. Seriously. You teach kids? That was extremely specific and grossly unsubstantiated and patently untrue. Please tell us you don't teach history/civics/government/currant events.

Tell us also you don't expose our kids to that fringe-y ultra RW/Progressive Conservative/Libertarian kind of think or their style of argument that consists of making charges - like your above malarkey - thinking what makes them true is purely the stating of them and it doesn't in the least.

How about proving one of those lies with something stronger than only repeating it.

After four or six years of non-stop investigations by the majority opposition party if there was anything that was going to stick to her don't you think it would have stuck?

Who are you offering up? Johnson or Stein?

I'm a Republican who's voted for a Democratic Presidential candidate since '96. I have nooooooo problem at all voting Hillary. I am not voting for execrable tRump or the uneducated nincompoop Johnson or the Communist, Stein. If Mrs Clinton has to withdraw - I WANT John Kerry. I love Bernie but I think he may just be too old for POTUS. He certainly could help get more people involved with voting, and helping the Congressional candidates.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 01:51 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Trump's scams:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/even-trumps-charity-is-a-scam/2016/09/14/9463468a-79ee-11e6-bd86-b7bbd53d2b5d_story.html?utm_term=.6cafd9d5602d
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
maporsche

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 02:01 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

The problem is not this one story. The problem is that Hillary revictimizes all of Bill's victims by systematically discrediting all of them.

Anyone who is raped or sexually assaulted by Bill finds that their nightmare is just beginning. Because after Bill, they face Hillary destroying their credibility.

Do you feel like Trump is doing this today to those women who've come out against him?
engineer

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 02:13 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

If Trump loses, the Republicans will go back to normal and there will be no lasting change to the party.

I think we might already be past that point. Trump is already talking about a new network to focus on his alt-right/nationalist views. That will cleave a decent chunk of the base that typically focuses on Fox News today. We are also seeing a significant Evangelical Christian split with a number of (mostly male) leaders actively supporting Trump while a number of influential magazines and commentators are accusing them of abandoning their Christian principles. I think we are moving towards a split similar to what the Democrats faced in the 40's.
engineer

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 02:15 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Anyone who is raped or sexually assaulted by Bill finds that their nightmare is just beginning. Because after Bill, they face Hillary destroying their credibility.

Trump is neatly boxed in here. He wants to demonize the women who are accusing him and say it was ten years ago, but he fully supports the women who accuse Bill Clinton from thirty years ago. Of course his base doesn't really care, but it's a harder sell to the middle that he needs to persuade.
Blickers

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 02:33 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
The problem is not this one story. The problem is that Hillary revictimizes all of Bill's victims by systematically discrediting all of them.

Monica was not a victim. She admitted that she came on to Bill, bent over and threw her skirt up right in front of him. And the only "victimization" you can come up with is a private comment made by Hillary, to friends, at the time labelling Monica as being empty-headed. Boo hoo. The media never heard it nor reported it until Stephanopoulos' book years later.

Any victimization of Monica, a 24 year old college graduate at the time, was performed by the anti-Clinton mob like Linda "Bill-moved-my office-down-to-the-basement-so-now-I'm-getting-even" Tripp.

And you neglect Troopergate, a documented case where an Arkansas enemy of Clinton approached the state troopers guarding then-Governor Clinton and promised them a share of the money from the book he was writing about Clinton if they could come up with some stories about the Governor's sexual life, which the troopers proceeded to make up. Documented proof that the Right will pay for fabricated stories about Clinton's sex life. For some reason, the conservatives never mention that.
blatham

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 02:40 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
"Trump is in negotiations to subsume one of the nascent radio networks. Even though he hates Trump" s guts, prhaps the onr of BLQZE will sell out.
A loss on election rsults in a huge target market all warmed up.
Either way Trump will come out not smelling bad."

Yeah. A lot of smart people are predicting that outcome. And it is a very credible theory because there is SO much money to be made scamming the right wing audience. As I think I noted earlier, several years ago Beck made 90 million that single year outpacing even Limbaugh who only made a measly 70+ million that same single year. Hannity made about 40 million. Huckabee is now a multi-millionaire through such cons as selling health cures found in the bible.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 03:02 pm
I'd previously written here regarding the possibility that the GOP, which has been blocking Obama's SC nominee (based on a claim which has no precedent in US history - that a President in his last year ought not to be able to make such a nomination, this power should only fall to the next elected President) will continue this obstruction if Clinton wins.

And McCain lets the cat out of the bag:
Quote:
McCain promised that Republicans would be "united against any Supreme Court nominee" put forth by Clinton.
"I promise you that we will be united against any Supreme Court nominee that Hillary Clinton, if she were president, would put up," McCain said. "I promise you. This is where we need the majority and Pat Toomey is probably as articulate and effective on the floor of the Senate as anyone I have encountered."
http://nym.ag/2dj1zIP

Because, axiomatically, only a Republican president can validly or legitimately place anyone on this court.

More broadly, and again, axiomatically, democracy is only legitimate in America when citizens vote Republicans into office.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 03:24 pm
@engineer,
You know what boggles my mind? Women support Trump. They must have lonely sex lives. They probably want their daughters to sleep with Trump.
blatham

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 05:07 pm
@farmerman
Here's Josh Marshall on why he thinks a Trump TV enterprise is a dubious proposition... http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/will-there-really-be-a-trump-tv
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 05:15 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Monica was not a victim. She admitted that she came on to Bill, bent over and threw her skirt up right in front of him. And the only "victimization" you can come up with is a private comment made by Hillary, to friends, at the time labelling Monica as being empty-headed. Boo hoo. The media never heard it nor reported it until Stephanopoulos' book years later.

Monica was not victimized by Bill. She was victimized by Hillary's cleanup campaign though after Bill was done with her.

Other women were less willing, and were victimized by both Bill and Hillary.

Blickers wrote:
And you neglect Troopergate, a documented case where an Arkansas enemy of Clinton approached the state troopers guarding then-Governor Clinton and promised them a share of the money from the book he was writing about Clinton if they could come up with some stories about the Governor's sexual life, which the troopers proceeded to make up. Documented proof that the Right will pay for fabricated stories about Clinton's sex life. For some reason, the conservatives never mention that.

I'm not so sure that the Troopergate stories were not true. Given Hillary's ruthless discrediting of everyone in Bill's wake, it is hard to take any discrediting at face value.

However, even if those specific claims were untrue, that doesn't undermine all the cases that actually are true.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 05:16 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
Trump is neatly boxed in here. He wants to demonize the women who are accusing him and say it was ten years ago, but he fully supports the women who accuse Bill Clinton from thirty years ago. Of course his base doesn't really care, but it's a harder sell to the middle that he needs to persuade.

I believe the idea is to convince the middle that they can't vote for Hillary either. If so convinced, they will either stay home or vote for a third party.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 05:18 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
I think we might already be past that point. Trump is already talking about a new network to focus on his alt-right/nationalist views. That will cleave a decent chunk of the base that typically focuses on Fox News today. We are also seeing a significant Evangelical Christian split with a number of (mostly male) leaders actively supporting Trump while a number of influential magazines and commentators are accusing them of abandoning their Christian principles. I think we are moving towards a split similar to what the Democrats faced in the 40's.

If Trump wins, yes.

If he loses, he will quickly fade. He may become an alt-right leader, but he won't be the one to restructure the Republican Party.

If Trump loses, it is probably too early to look to the 2020 primaries, but someone who has more political savvy might rally the working class the same way Trump did this time around, but without the grave flaws that Trump has. Someone like Pat Buchanan maybe.

But who knows.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 05:20 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
Do you feel like Trump is doing this today to those women who've come out against him?

I don't get the sense of a systemic campaign to wreck their credibility like what Hillary wages against Bill's victims.
oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2016 05:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
You know what boggles my mind? Women support Trump. They must have lonely sex lives. They probably want their daughters to sleep with Trump.

They are probably tired of the Democrats always trying to violate the Second Amendment.
0 Replies