How will Trump handle losing the election?

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 08:50 pm
@izzythepush,
I've read Lizza for years, he is not perfect. Try to better than him?
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 09:03 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Sorry, Snood, I mis/represented you, and I should have known better. I was busy being surprised, wrongly.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 09:34 pm
@snood,
Hilary is going to roll all 50 states. Bet on it.
Blickers

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 09:35 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I wouldn't bet on it. However, Trump is showing signs of unravelling, more women are coming forward, so 50 states are a possibility.
snood

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 09:41 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Yeah, that'd be great. I think that there might be enough Trump-or-die yahoos in the South to win him a coupleof states like Louisiana and Mississippi.

A Hillary victory with overwhelming numbers would be good in many ways, maybe the most important of which would it might sway some of the Senate and House contests.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 09:44 pm
@Blickers,
I wouldn't bet on it either. There are still many Trump supporters even knowing his illegal sexual aggression against women, his racial bigotry against Mexicans, and his bigotry against Muslims. That many still support Trump after demeaning the parents of a war hero goes beyond decency.

Quote:
maybe the most important of which would it might sway some of the Senate and House contests.

I hope that holds true. We'll learn about our country and where they stand on their support for this despicable human being called Donald Trump.
oralloy

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 10:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
There are still many Trump supporters even knowing his illegal sexual aggression against women, his racial bigotry against Mexicans, and his bigotry against Muslims. That many still support Trump after demeaning the parents of a war hero goes beyond decency.

Mr. Trump didn't demean the parents of a war hero. His supposed racial bigotry involves twisting his words out of context.

And for the Democrats, who openly argue that it is OK for Bill Clinton to rape people, and that it is OK for Hillary to destroy the lives of Bill's rape victims in order to protect her own career, to now act like the allegations against Mr. Trump are some sort of horrible crime.... That is just too much hypocrisy to stomach.

I'll be delighted to cast a vote for Mr. Trump come election day.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 11:26 pm
@snood,
I'll be so glad when it's over.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 12:59 am
@ossobucotemp,
I've no idea what you're talking about.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 02:09 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:

I can see Hillary winning easily and decisively.
I can not see Hillary winning all 50 states.
Winning all 50 states isn't realistic in modern day politics.
That would be a wonderful thing to see.
farmerman

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 02:14 am
@Real Music,
Johnson can carry Utah
Real Music

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 02:16 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Johnson can carry Utah

The way it's looking, that is a real possibility.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 05:57 am
Today's column from Gerson is a must read. Here's the first three graphs.

Quote:
"In the interest of fairness, I wish to raise an issue on which Donald Trump has been consistently and resoundingly right: The Republican Party is utterly pathetic.

During a decade of commentary, and in a career of government service before that, I have often argued that the GOP is better than its liberal stereotypes. It is a case I can no longer make, at least when it comes to presidential politics.

The Trump ascendancy is the triumph of anti-reason — of birtherism, of vaccine denialism, of suggestions that Justice Antonin Scalia was smothered with a pillow and that Hillary Clinton may have been involved in the death of Vince Foster. It is the triumph of nativism — of a political appeal based on hatred against migrants and Muslims. It is the triumph of white nationalism, which has moved inward from the fringes of Republican politics. It is the triumph of misogyny, demonstrated with words that require a disinfectant shower after hearing. It is the triumph of authoritarian impulses. Since the Constitution is “broken,” argued Maine Gov. Paul LePage, “we need a Donald Trump to show some authoritarian power in our country.”
http://wapo.st/2dbKS26
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 06:01 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:

The chances of that sit at zero.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 06:36 am
@Real Music,
Why not? Reagan carried 49. Nixon carried 49.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 06:38 am
@farmerman,
I bet $20 to any charity you like Gary Johnson will not even poll 2nd in any state.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 06:39 am
@blatham,
We'll see. Even Texas is even money right now.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 06:49 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Why not? Reagan carried 49. Nixon carried 49.

Why not is because Trump's followers are a particular kind of sick and lost. They have hate and confusion that's strong enough to compel them to vote.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 07:11 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

As one female commented recently, "grab them by the pussy" will now be in many history books, inevitably.

Carpe Vaginum.
Blickers

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 07:17 am
@snood,
As you are aware, getting all 50 states doesn't mean getting 100% of the popular vote, it means getting at least one more vote than anybody else in all 50 states. A Herculean task, to be sure, when the American system is set up with two parties of roughly equal strength.

I don't think a 50 state Hillary victory is in the offing, but I'm not completely discounting it either because experience has taught me that when things go bad, they often go bad at a tremendously accelerating pace. There are indications that Trump might now be in such a situation, and while he might recover somewhat and make the election fairly close, it is also possible that he is already in a downward spiral for which there is no bottom. With 53% of the vote being women, Trump might well end up with only 30% of the popular vote.