Why I Don't Talk About Race With White People

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 10:19 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
Bob seems to think that I need to edit myself... Of course he doesn't say why except for the fact that I used to be a cop... could it be that when I post it's in my own thoughts as opposed to when he posts he just regurgitates what someone else has posted? I don't know it doesn't seem to make any sense either way. On the rare occasion he does blah blah blah ..

Oh fer pities sake. What a sock full of ****.
giujohn

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 10:26 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Of course you think it's a sock full of ****... You're a race-baiter and you need to keep your agenda alive in order to argue the point... have you ever offered a solution?
dalehileman

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 10:47 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
more specific
Unfortunately John I can't (1) because too long ago while I'm lazy and (2) several other postings while I was editing mine

Perhaps it was your use of the term "boy." In any event, good work, hang in there

My apologies at 85 for confusion, forgetfulness
izzythepush

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 10:50 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

could it be that when I post it's in my own thoughts

Even if they are your thoughts, they're hardly original and could not be considered deep and meaningful in any way whatsoever. You're a dinosaur.

Just sayin'
glitterbag

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 10:51 am
@giujohn,
You have a magical quality gui, you show up and sour the mood instantly. On a more positive note, you do make others feel better about their own lives, because 'hey' they aren't you. Gotta give you credit for that.
giujohn

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 10:54 am
@dalehileman,
Not a problem... My use of the word boy wasn't reference to his maturity level.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 10:56 am
@glitterbag,
That's rich... I don't think I can sour the mood more than Bob does with all his hatred and vitriol... but hey if I make you feel better about yourself you're welcome.
giujohn

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 10:58 am
@izzythepush,
I'm a dinosaur? LOL Okay I guess I've been called worse... As far as not being deep if that was the requirement this site wouldn't exist at all.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 11:01 am
@giujohn,
Don't be modest, you make everyone happy about the course they chose. Frankly, you are a cautionary tale, the kind of man I would point out to my sons and say "do you want to end up like that?". You have a purpose in life John, you're the canary in the coal mine.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 11:02 am
@giujohn,
It wasn't meant as an insult but as an observation. I think you're anachronistic and very much of the past. (It's called progressive politics for a reason.) I for one am not interested in yesterday's man.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 11:05 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
not interested in yesterday's man.
Oh I am Izzy. Didn't anyone else have my reaction to "boy"
giujohn

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 11:05 am
@izzythepush,
Well in that regard I would have to agree... for all the progressiveness change for the sake of change is never good.
giujohn

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 11:07 am
@glitterbag,
Well it's easy and lazy to generalize let's get specific what are those qualities that you would not have in your son's that I supposedly have... And evidenced by...??
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 12:55 pm
@dalehileman,
You're not yesterday's man. You're barely 20th Century.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 12:58 pm
@giujohn,
Legalisation of gay marriage is not change for change's sake, it's correcting a historical injustice.

There's no such thing as change for change's sake. Change happens because it's needed.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 12:59 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You're barely 20th Century
Pray, in regard to....

You hafta understand Izzy that an 85-year-old often has difficulty pinpointing a posting, might need link
giujohn

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 01:06 pm
@izzythepush,
Well I won't comment on marriage because I don't believe in it while it's probably a wonderful institution I don't want to be institutionalized.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 01:07 pm
@dalehileman,
In regard to everything you've ever posted. You have spent the last twenty odd years telling us all how you're not long for this world.

More Miss Haversham than Mississippi Grind.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 01:10 pm
@giujohn,
Quoting Groucho Marx isn't making you sound any more up to date.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 01:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Sorry, misquoting Groucho.