Coup in Turkey!

oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 10:34 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I wonder why people voted down your accurate assessments.

Certain liberals do not like that I post facts that they find inconvenient, so they follow me around and vote me down all the time. One of them even uses a bot to vote me down a bunch of times all at once.

The same liberals often vote down your posts too when you say things that they don't want to hear, although I haven't seen you be targeted by the bot.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 10:38 am
@Lash,
I doubt you really wonder why.

The Thumbs feature is a joke here, and will continue to be as long as we have petty cretins as members.
Lash

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 10:40 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
It's become seriously ridiculous.

I don't like this news: thumbs down.
Maybe it will just go away if they can't see it.

Ostriches.
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 10:41 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I'm hearing a lot of chatter that the US uses Erdogan as a puppet in the region, we ran the coup to benefit Erdogan, we support his authoritarian moves, and we are pressing the UN to look the other way.

I'll look for articles if anyone has the stones to write about it.

The US takes a shady position backing such a mini Mussolini.

I believe you that such chatter exists, but note that this chatter is entirely untrue. The world at large comes up with all sorts of anti-American nonsense all the time.

We do pretend that Turkey is a democracy (wrongly in my view). And we do support Erdogan in his role as the supposedly democratically elected leader.

But we did not cause (or even participate in) the coup. We do not support, and in fact oppose, his authoritarian moves.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 10:41 am
@oralloy,
You obviously have significant power over them. I know I do. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜ŽπŸ™‹πŸ»πŸ™…πŸ»πŸ™†πŸ»πŸ‘ΈπŸ»πŸ’•
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 10:47 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
The Thumbs feature is a joke here, and will continue to be as long as we have petty cretins as members.

If a2k ever implements their plans to allow users to run their own regions of a2k, I'm going to try to set up a region where such abuse cannot happen.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2016 10:47 am
@Lash,
It's worse than that. They think they are somehow hurting the people who they thumb down, and every time someone complains about it, it reinforces their belief that they are.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 03:57 am
http://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/turkey/.premium-1.732688?v=6767315C29CBC01460A8E09F0F9B83D9

What Erdogan is up to.
0 Replies