Getting over an illicit relationship

Roystonius

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:56 am
get
I suppose i have been a bit of a mug.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 11:01 am
I don't know about your world, Roystonius, but I sure expect my friends to treat me with more respect.
0 Replies

Roystonius

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 01:38 pm
I met up with her today at a pub, everything was ok but i had to leave at a certain time. 20 mins before we were going to leave her other half rang up saying that he's approaching the place where she said she was going to be. But she wasn't, she was at a pub with me. (I said to her before i even set off to meet her that if she'd prefer to just do her own thing on her own then thats fine by me, but we arranged to meet.) We dashed up to her meeting place and i went my own way and she her own. Later on she sent me an email saying that she was sorry about that.
Now, am i reading too much into this or does she still think me and her are doing stuff we arent? we didnt have any sort of physical contact at all. If we are just mates then why is she worried what he'd think? Why cant she tell him she was with a mate for a couple of hours?
She must respect me if shes doing this sort of thing.
It's very odd
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:06 pm
You can't actually think she's going to tell him she is friends with a guy she cheated on him with. I know he doesn't know she cheated, but her knowing is enough, don't you think?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 02:27 pm
Her pretending not to be with you is NOT respecting you. It's covering her own can - in a relationship that she apparently wants to preserve more than anything she does with you.
0 Replies

Roystonius

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:15 pm
getting over an illicit relationship
She sent me an email tonight saying sorry bout her having to dash off.
When we are both sober we are just like any normal mates. It's when we start drinking that stuff happens. I just have to be strong enough to withstand anything she might try on dont I?
0 Replies

Roystonius

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:16 pm
What are the good things i can get out of this scenario????
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 03:21 pm
Hmm.

Figuring out boundaries, maybe? What you put up with from friends? What you require from lovers? Not allowing this kind of neither this-nor-that relationship in the future -- 'cause it plain doesn't work?
0 Replies

Roystonius

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 06:04 pm
when alls said and done. I still cant just forget her though. Despite what we did we can always remain mates surely.
0 Replies

Roystonius

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 06:12 pm
When i say mates i MEAN mates too.
A few people say i say 'mates' in case she changes her mind with who shes with now! Not true!!
0 Replies

Roystonius

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 07:01 am
Anybody still out there?
0 Replies

pdbowers

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 11:55 am
People Are Still Out Here......
I have just been reading this thread, and from it, I get that you are a young man who is very much infatuated with a young woman who is having her cake and eating it, too. It really hurts when feelings are not reciprocated in the way that you would like, and you may think it is possible to remain friends with her, but I seriously doubt it.

Chalk this one up to experience, move on with your life, and find someone who wants you for you. I have been down this road, and it hurts like hell, but it was necessary for me to grow and to see that all people are not looking for the same things. People are different, and can detach themselves from getting involved in anything too serious, unless of course, it is to their advantage.

Move on young man and be happy.
0 Replies

Roystonius

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 12:33 pm
Thats pretty much it what you said at 1st but its not infatuation, it's more than that. I'm just going to take it as it comes for now and see what happens. We would of been doing the 'business' had i had not had too much to drink on Thursday night! might be seeing her tomorrow. Might.
0 Replies

Roystonius

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 12:38 pm
What i'm doing now is the 1st time i've ever done it, i cant do it, its not in my genes,i'm a decent enough guy i know i should stop, but i cant.
0 Replies

Roystonius

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 04:56 pm
She's going away for a couple of weeks tomorrow, perhaps this is a blessing in disguise?? Yesterday (Thursday) she said nothing would happen at the start of the night at the end of the night 'things' did happen. I said that what happens tonight shouldn't be repeated again when she comes back off holiday but i think they might, I think i do still love her. these next 2 weeks are going to be slow and labourous without her, even though i would only be missing seeing her twice in the fort-night.
Damn IT!
0 Replies