My friends are friends with my enemies, and I can't get over it. HELP!

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 09:10 pm
Hello everyone, hope you all are having a wonderful day. Anway, my life the past couple of months has been kind of... meh. I've had some things that have happened in my life with my friends and all that and I really need advice, but for advice, I need to explain the story. (Duh)

Anyway, almost a year ago. Me, very close friends that I've known for years and years, met some people. We became friends really fast. At the end of meeting these people, we ended up having a group with 20+ people. ( I know, that's alot )
Anyway, we all became really good friends and formed an awesome bond over a few months. We all eventually felt like we knew them forever. Then one day, I was going on vacation. I told everyone, "Hey guys, I'm going on vacation for a few days, see you guys later!" And then I left. I come online later, and found all my friends fighting in our online chat group. They were all fighting really bad. Then after the fight ended they said, "Oh yeah, let's just say it's (insert my name here)'s fault." (This all happened while I was away.) And I'm just like, "What the heck, why?!" so I come on and say, "Hey guys, what's going on?" They all respond like I had just committed a murder right in front of them. "WHY!? WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO US!? YOU'RE THE WORST!"

Here I am a few weeks later and they are fighting SEVERELY . And all they do is blame me. blah blah blah, you get it. And it's getting to the point where they all hate me. And it's annoying as heck. They all start ruining their friendships and most dis-friend me. The other ones, just keep telling me "You ruined my life." "Your the worst" etc. My classic friends that I've known for years still stay friends with me. The other people, either block me, or they make fun of me/tell me how I so how "Ruined their life forever."

Weeks go by and me and a few close friends of mine decide to block those people who hated me a lot. I soon felt like, instead of me feeling like they were part of my really close friends and that I've known them forever, now I feel like I had never met them.

Months go by and as I'm talking with some of my classic friends, some say they haven't blocked them and are actually now close friends with them. This made me really sad, because, those people who hurt me, are having fun with the people I care about. So I became sad, and jealous. I then tried talking to them about it. They just responded, "Well, I've known them for a couple months now, so they're like my best friends forever. So I can't do anything about it, sorry." Oh my gosh. We've known each other for years and we've been best friends. Then we meet those people and now he'd rather hang out with them then me. It's like this today. I have people tell me, "They can choose their OWN friends, and you can't do ANYTHING about it. Just get over it." I CAN'T GET OVER IT. If your saying that, I bet you've never been in this situation. Imagine this, 'So someone pushes you down, hurts you physically, and is really mean to you, gossips about you about things that aren't true, etc. And then your best friend, becomes really good friends with them, and has more fun with them, then with you, and they tell you they don't wanna get rid of you.' It hurts. It's basically the same thing. They never physically HURT me, but they did gossip things that weren't true and made up things about me, and hurt me. And they try to make ME look like the bad guy to my best friends. It really hurts. And I can't get over it. It's been nagging at me for months. I actually tried to make peace with my enemies a few weeks ago, and they just said "Buzz off. No Advil's gonna fix our issues." UGHHHH.

I need help. I've tried talking to my friends, and they won't budge, I've tried making peace with my enemies, they won't budge either. I can't get over it either. It's been haunting me for months. People also say to me, "Why can't you just, learn to get over it?" Say you just eat something really gross, and you hate it, and your friend just replies, "Can't you just learn to like that food." In most cases the answer is NO. I need some real advice. Please help me.

chai2

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 09:21 pm
Have you thought about taking some Advil?
roger

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2016 09:43 pm
@anonymous567,
My first thought is to pare down your list of friends. Way down. If you get your list down to two or maybe four, you're in good shape. Ignore or block the others in real life or online as the case may be.

I'm not so sure your friends would be friends with your enemies. Possible, but a difficult trick for them. Maybe they're not your friends after all.

By the way, did you ever find out what caused all this? It sounds like it all started with your vacation, but it just has to go back further than that.
anonymous567

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 10:38 am
@roger,
No. I went on vacation. Before that, nothing bad had happened in my past. We all felt like the best friends that could ever exist when I left. But the thing is, I can't get rid of them. I've known them my entire life. And they are my best friends. I used to go to school with them, we used to hang out every day after school etc. So I can't really get rid of them. It's quite an issue.
0 Replies

anonymous567

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 10:39 am
@chai2,
xD Thanks for making me smile, I needed that! Smile
0 Replies