How to cure a racial preference?

vikorr

Thu 29 Sep, 2016 03:44 pm
@Eliusa,
Keh.

Most kids don't know who they are. Our actions affect our beliefs (you only need to act counter to your beliefs, eg. having your first affair, to find this out. The 2nd behaviour modifies it further, the 3rd yet further, etc). Children need to learn much of who they are through modelling their behaviour on their most important role models - their parents. And if you challenge the belief of a young kid, they often can't explain why - it's usually just what their parents told them / believe / display. It's as they grow older that they start questioning. Then as teenagers, many go through a rebellious stage precisely because they are trying to find out who they are as an individual.

It's why law has differing ages for criminal responsibility.

So using 'tkids not knowing who they are' is a nonsense reason. They all don't know who they are.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are trying to say they suffer from more confusion than norm:
- immigrants from very different cultures who move countries with small children. Is this wrong? Because the children will likely suffer confusion between the old culture and the new
- what is the norm? I've met some very confused kids out their who are not mix raced (usually with dud parents)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you mean that they grow up into adults who don't know who they are:

I and each of my siblings know exactly who we are.

We aren't defined by our race. We know ourselves through:
- our values / principles / beliefs / cultural concepts
- our ability to live by our values / principles / beliefs
- our work ethic / drive / self discipline
- what we are comfortable with, and what causes us discomfort (etc for similar things)
- our personality and how all of the above plays out socially / how we treat others. etc
- how people welcome us, the reaction we receive from others, the reasons for those reactions etc

Personally, when you boil it all down, I would think this is the way most people would come to know themselves.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To me it would only seem an issue to childrens normal understanding of themselves if the culture in which they lived, made a big deal about it:
- if the other race made a big deal: harassed parents because of it (with the children seeing it), or harassed the children because of it (eg kids at school, because of their parents).
- if their own race made a big deal of it: the nonsensical lectures (eg. because very young children don't see skin colour as a meaningful difference unless they are tought that it is), the needless anger from their parents. etc
- if both races made a big deal of it. Combining the above reasons.

Have the same two races in another region where it's not an issue, and it doesn't become an issue to the kids.

In effect, a kid being traumatised / confused by his mixed heritage would have nothing to do with actual race, and everything to do with the small-mindedness of adults in the conflicting cultures.

Eliusa

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 12:30 am
@vikorr,
I am not even wasting my time on wall of text.
I am sure I am doing a right thing.
I've stopped at children of immigrants.
NOT the same thing if they are from non
mixed family!
I bet you know how people react to one in
a family who look different. So if that's what
you want to your children...
Note I never said anything but...

vikorr

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 02:21 am
@Eliusa,
Quote:
I am not even wasting my time on wall of text.
You took the time to read much more than that in your other thread. But I'm not too surprised by such excuses - Racists rarely like having their racist beliefs questioned / taken apart.

Quote:
I am sure I am doing a right thing.
If you call promoting racist ideology (being against interracial marriage) doing the right thing - go ahead, be part of the racism problem.

Quote:
I bet you know how people react to one in
a family who look different.
Where I grew up was very tolerant. Neither my direct family, nor my extended family, which includes mixed marriage uncles/aunts, mix race cousins, have had any problems with this.

Perhaps where you come from, it's an issue - and you've joined their ranks.

By the way, the quote of what you said, above, isn't the reason you initially gave. Your first reason was 'they don't know who they are'. That was so silly a reason (no child knows well who they are) that you have now changed your reason. You did that numerous times in your other thread too.
Eliusa

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 02:16 pm
@vikorr,
Where did you grow up - Disneyland?

People are prejudice withIN their own race.
Surprise? Marry Go Around at your service.
vikorr

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 03:01 pm
@Eliusa,
Australia.

Just because you hold racist ideology (against interracial marriage, and the nonsense reasons behind it), doesn't mean that everyone else does. There are plenty of places where people are much more tolerant than you, and those around you.

Even if you live in the US - there are plenty of places there where it is quite acceptable. One of my interracially married siblings lives there. She married a white american.

Your nonsense that only disneyland could be tolerant of interracial marriage is rather deluded.

And your stance is just ugly.
Eliusa

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 04:55 pm
@vikorr,
I am tolerant! US is halb black. Well...almost.
I am just saying that no mother black or white or Asian
is jumping with joy when child brings another race partner.

It has place and it is all over the world - however until we all mixed into
Grayish brownish mass - there is going to be an opinion!

If you deny it - it doesn't mean it does not exists!
cicerone imposter

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 05:01 pm
@Eliusa,
I don't think you know much about Asians. I'm Asian, we have many races and cultures in our family. If you like, I can name them.
0 Replies

vikorr

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 05:19 pm
@Eliusa,
Quote:
US is halb black. Well...almost.
This part, does not mean you are this
Quote:
I am tolerant!
And
Quote:
I don't care what your race is as long as you don't marry out of it.
This attitude of yours is blatantly intolerant.

This attitude in parents, is what results in children (of parents with such attitudes) going to school and picking on mix race children (children not taught to hate such, don't). You even admit this as a concern, while promoting the attitude that allows it to continue. Are you proud that your kind of attitude helps justify and continue the victimisation of mix race children in your area?

That your attitude does the same for targeting of adults in mix race relationships (in your area) is obvious. That it also affects the children of such relationships is obvious.

Thankfully this particular kind of ugliness seems confined to certain areas.
chai2

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 06:16 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

Quote:
US is halb black. Well...almost.
This part, does not mean you are this
Quote:
I am tolerant!

You can always tell when someone is drunk posting when they miss a letter not by one, but 2 keys.

The U.S. is a little over 12% black, and 7% mixed race.

That's pretty close to halb black.
vikorr

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 06:20 pm
@chai2,
Never considered the drunk possibility. That'd be one explanation.
chai2

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 06:23 pm
@vikorr,
She just a combination of troll, nutcase and oft times inebriated.

Nothing special, and certainly not someone to bother with getting into a conversation with.
Eliusa

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 06:33 pm
@chai2,
Really? Who DO you?
roger

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 06:47 pm
@Eliusa,
Confirmation
vikorr

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 06:50 pm
@chai2,
Hmmm...that looks like a fair enough observation. Thanks.
0 Replies

chai2

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 07:01 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Confirmation

Ah... Houston, we have a problem.
0 Replies

momoends

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 08:42 pm
@NorthernInquirer,
not at all
0 Replies

Eliusa

Sat 1 Oct, 2016 09:14 am
@NorthernInquirer,
If there is 1 Asian who is spanky - still Asians are submissive (not it is abad thing)
If one Latina blah - still Latinas are hot! Look at the dances. They had been hot ever.
Russians are drunks. If 205 of population have never tasted an alcohol - still majority is drinking since dark ages.
Germans are immaculate. If few are slobs - still you can eat off the floor at German train station.
Americans are stupid? YES! For everyone who doesn't speak English.
Its my favorite. How do you know they are stupid? Do you speak English? NO! So how do you know? Friend told me. Does he speak English? A little...LOL
etc.

Well only exclusion is Americans but it was an example for laughs.
stereotypes don't appear out of ass. There are ages of observation.

Eliusa

Sat 1 Oct, 2016 09:15 am
@NorthernInquirer,
If people let themselves to be insulted...lets create stereotype.
People who are get insulted easily are insecure in their actions or existence.
0 Replies

Eliusa

Sat 1 Oct, 2016 09:17 am
@NorthernInquirer,
You can be attracted to one ethnicity until now but BOOM! You fall in love and all your principals down the drain! Now you love another one as well as your own. Wait to get married though...
0 Replies

Eliusa

Sat 1 Oct, 2016 09:18 am
@vikorr,
Have you answer how do you describe your race?
0 Replies