Feminine hygiene products -- a discussion.

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:10 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Toe cramps, I've been told, are worse than childbirth.

No, not quite as bad.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:14 am
I've never been embarrassed by menstruation products, and find the entire "feminine hygiene" euphamism scam hilarious. I've never had a problem in picking up napkins or tampons for a woman who asks me to, and when i worked in a family shelter, i used to go pick up the giant economy packs--fill the shopping cart with them. Sometimes that embarrassed the check out clerks, though.

What's the difference between a rabid pit bull and a woman in the throes of PMS?

Make-up . . .
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:17 am
What's your take on the diva cup, Set? I bet you never filled a grocery cart with those bad boys.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:24 am
I don't believe those were available in the late 80's Gus, but it wouldn't bother me . . .

How many women with PMS does it take to change a light bulb?

IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY, YOU PIG ! ! !
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:27 am
LOL!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:28 am
A preacher was telling his congregation that anything they could think of, old or new, was discussed somewhere in the Bible and that the entirety of the human experience could be found there.

After the service, he was approached by a woman who said "Preacher, I don't believe the Bible mentions PMS".

The preacher replied that he was sure it must be there somewhere and that he would look for it.

The following week after the service, the preacher called the woman aside and showed her a passage which read, "And Mary rode Joseph's ass all the way to Bethlehem."
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:31 am
I noticed earlier today that gustav was accused of being German. In that case, I'm sure you are familiar with German 'blood sauce', that generally is served with pork. Any blood will do, but it's generally from pigs. I was thinking, maybe menstrual blood? Boiled out, all the toxins would be released, making it safe to eat, but technically, you would not get your 'Red Wings'. It would be a fine companion to pork though, especially with some red wine and chicken stock as the base.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:35 am
Quote:
I noticed earlier today that gustav was accused of being German.

What the-? Who's been defaming me?

I'll bet it was that sneaky German, Walter Hineteler.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 06:38 am
Hey! I just had a great idea! Why not award the coveted Diva Cup to the woman who has the best contribution to this thread.

( That should get them scrambling.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 07:14 pm
I had a housemate who used something like that. How do I know this? Because she'd leave it in a jar of vinegar on the counter between periods.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 08:47 pm
Now, wouldn't that be something to find in the refridgerater late at night when you stumble out after a midnight snack.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 08:52 pm
Long ago and far away, my friend eBeth and I dreamed a world where Black and Decker bought Tampax Inc. The resulting company, Tampax and Decker would then develop a line of hygene products sold exclusively at Home Depot.

We realized that this merger would benefit both sexes:

Men would no longer complain of having to pick up products for their women, they could bond with other males over product quality - perhaps even brag about their purchases.

Women would get the men out of the house for a while so they could devour some chocolate in privacy and drink some gin and Midol cocktails.

Life would be good.

As to the other ideas on this thread:

I once had PMS cramps so bad I ended up in the emergency room where they were convinced I needed to have my gall bladder removed. Luckily, some very invasive tests proved otherwise. Seriously. I had vomited for days and couldn't move before seeking medical help. Men have no idea how bad this can be.

Setanta is a god.

littlek's roomate is a slob.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 09:19 pm
My EX housemate. And, that was one of the least disgusting things she did.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 09:36 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Hey! I just had a great idea! Why not award the coveted Diva Cup to the woman who has the best contribution to this thread.

( That should get them scrambling.)

Why would a woman even want a Diva Cup award...the prize should be given to a man for painstakingly contributing to this feminine products thread?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 09:43 pm
LOL! You guys are too funny.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 10:06 pm
What was her name, littlek? Sounds kind of like my last wife.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 10:15 pm
nonono, roger, couldn't be, she's probably not even 30 yet.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 10:16 pm
colorbook wrote:
Why would a woman even want a Diva Cup award...the prize should be given to a man for painstakingly contributing to this feminine products thread?

I nominate gus for the Diva Cup award for bringing the product to our attention in the first place.

I'm afraid to ask, but ... How did you hear about the Diva Cup, Gus?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 10:23 pm
I agree with mac.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 10:44 pm
I nominate Gus too...thanks to him, now I know what a Diva Cup is.
0 Replies