I'm in Love with My Best Friend

Faelwen

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2016 11:00 pm
Hi. I am re-posting this from my previous account. There were some technical difficulties which resulted in me creating this new account. So I was Lothiriel, now I'm Faelwen. Same person, different name.

So, I have been best friends with this boy for about two years now and we have had feelings for each through it all. Well... he had feelings for me first. Which I then also developed after about a month of really getting to know him. To try and keep this somewhat short, (though it probably wont be, sorry about that), I will just say that it has become a bit complicated. Now, after already breaking up with him once, and attempting to get over him, I find myself in a bit of a mess. He has finally tried getting over me as well. Which includes him getting involved with another girl. Another, dramatic, underclassman, kind of girl. And of course I felt jealous and of course I tried my best to deny it because I care about him so much and I just want him to be happy. But I want him to be happy with me. And this is all very hard because I have commitment issues. But I want to try. And I want to try with this boy. With my closest friend. He drives me crazy, we bicker a lot, I yearn for adventure while he is content without it, I am open minded while his is often closed. And yet he is always on my mind. He is the one I miss when I'm cold and alone at night. I am very sure he isn't totally over me yet either. I need some advice: Am I crazy or could this actually mean something more? Should I ask him out and try at least one last time? Should I fight for this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,035 • Replies: 3
No top replies

tony5732

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2016 11:18 am
@Faelwen,
My advice would be to drop it completely. If he is over you, than it's probably time you got over him anyway. You won't do that by being the third wheel on his new relationship. Also, if he still does have feelings, and it was meant to be, he will come your way.
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2016 11:49 am
Sure. Ask him out. His answer will settle things for you.

Just be ready to accept whatever comes.

It sounds like you want things YOUR way, not the way they are.
0 Replies

Faelwen

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 06:57 pm
@tony5732,
Thank you for your honest advice but I'd just like to say, so I don't come off as desperate like I believe I did when I wrote this question initially, is that he is not in a relationship currently. We tried dating other people towards the beginning of summer but nothing worked out. Now I am on vacation and the two of us continue to talk constantly. I have also consulted some very trusted and insightful friends of mine and they have all said that that also believe he still has feelings towards me. I am just looking for an outside opinion on whether I should tell him how I feel? And possibly try asking him out in the future?
0 Replies