Weird problem with best friend

lbcytq

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 01:43 pm
Ok, this is weird... and i am not a native speaker. So, the basic information only- i have the best friend. We watch and discuss all popular films and shows. We have a tradition to discuss every film we love for hours and to go to every premiere together. We are like sisters. I want to be the most important friend for her. And... well, i am depressed, because she watches Supernatural with her elder brother and, moreover, she refuses to discuss it with me, because it's "too personal". She calls her brother Dean, he calls her Sam, they watch every episode together and i am forbidden to discuss the show with her. Tell me,please, is it normal? And i understand that she considers her brother to be "Dean" for her, you know, she considers her and her brother to be strong family and to save each other as Dean and Sam, but i want her to call me Dean (it sounds weird, but i am really depressed), i want us to watch the show together, i want her to think that she and i are strong family, as strong as Winchesters. She says "You are my friend, but he is my brother, try to understand the difference". Maybe i am a bad person, but it's very important for me. What should i do? Should i put up with it? Should i try again to ask her to watch the show with me?

roger

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 02:16 pm
@lbcytq,
I hope you can just get that particular show out of your mind. It sounds a little quirky, but don't let it interfere with a good friendship.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 02:30 pm
You have your relationship with her; she and her brother have a relationship. It’s OK that they are not the same.

Do not pester her about this or she may feel she has to make a choice. And it will not turn out best for you.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 02:31 pm
@lbcytq,
Accept her for who she is. Don't try to define normal, as, everyone has their own unique normal. Hers includes sharing Supernatural with her brother.

Since she will not talk about the program with you, find another who will. They won't be a best friend but at least you'll get to enjoy a conversation about what was watched.
0 Replies