Angelgz2

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 10:23 am
@DrewDad,
I dare to predict that it will likely be another revolution /social unrest / war / violence or the similar that will restore the balance again. Like I mentioned, history often repeats itself like the numerous revolutions we see in the past. If it happens, regardless whether I am rich or poor by that time, I don't want to be caught in the middle of it. If we still have democracy as we have today, I'll be leaving the country and hopefully land in somewhere safe from any violence.

The overly greedy people are the problem. The overly idealistic people are not any better. They are like the two opposing forces of light and darkness that will always be in conflict and there's no end to it.
0 Replies

Angelgz2

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 10:35 am
@Real Music,
You are completely correct -- those who violates the law must be jailed and punished to the full extent of the law. However, what you are missing is that mass media feeds you this bs about how all wall street guys are bad. That's simply not true. There are bad people who broke the law, but there are also greedy people who made money LEGALLY. However, the way they made money may be ethically questionable. Say, a single mother walks into a bank that says "I need to buy a house but I make only $2000 a month, having 5 kids, and I got no down payment". Well, you going to underwrite a loan for her or say no? ETHICALLY speaking, you should NOT because you know she can't afford it. However, the government back then wants to make homes more affordable and wants banks to "help" those poor people. Massive deregulation happened and what USED to consider ILLEGAL is now legal. So what are you going to do in this case? Throw everyone in jail? They are merely following the "new guideline".

As to taxing the super wealthy and what our officials can do -- that's another thing people fail to understand. Refer to my earlier posting about net wealth tax. To achieve what you want, the net wealth tax is the ONLY WAY because most SUPER rich people's income are INVESTMENT income, NOT salary. You all think those super rich people are rich because they receive a $1 billion dollar check each year? HECK NO! Tax treatment of investment income vs salary are DIFFERENT and like I said, a net wealth tax will NEVER fly because it will reduce the nation's overall wealth. Put simply, you can ONLY tax someone if you know where their money is. If they move it offshore or hide it, there's very little the government can do.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2016 07:21 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Will his continued futile campaign for the Democratic nomination result in a backlash? Or is Vermont so hippy-dippy that they'll continue to support him?

Discuss.

Will Sanders go back to being an Independent, or will he continue as a registered Democrat?
engineer

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2016 07:28 am
@DrewDad,
I don't know that Sanders ever registered as a Democrat, but regardless, I think he will do well in Vermont and continue to be a beloved renegade. His national standing might go up or down depending on what he does over the next few days, but I think he'll always be a hero in his home town/state.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2016 07:37 am
@engineer,
I referring to his claim back in November that he's a Democrat. Vermont doesn't have party registration.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2016 07:48 am
@engineer,
The following is a partisan conservative source, but it is about the only place on google I was able to find out the answer as to whether Sanders is still registered as an Independent or switched to democrat. The article has links to back it up embedded inside the article itself or I wouldn't use it.

Quote:
Sanders said in November that he would run in all future elections as a member of the Democratic Party.

However, when Sanders’ Senate campaign committee renewed its registration with the Federal Election Commission in October, it listed its party affiliation as “independent.”

The FEC continues to list that campaign committee and Sanders himself as independent and not affiliated with the Democratic Party.

source
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2016 07:46 pm
0 Replies