Scrappy Doo is the world's most hated character ever

Setanta

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 09:09 pm
Mr. Peabody's boy was Sherman. Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits was said by his friends to resemble Sherman, so they began calling him Herman, and hence, Herman's Hermits.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 09:10 pm
My favorites were Dudley Dooright, and the Fractured Fairytales . . .

He was a dragon, it was awwwful . . . he boined me, already . . .
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 09:12 pm
Am I wrong or was Crusader Rabbit part of R&Bullwinkle show?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 09:15 pm
Thanks, Setanta... Sherman, of course! Remember... the Wayback Machine? I didn't know that about Herman's Hermits either (and admit liking them, but I was young... what better excuse? I think I can still sing all of I'm 'enry the Eighth, I am!)

Dudley Dooright was great, but only because of Boris and Natasha. They were inspired.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 09:20 pm
Boris and Natasha were always after R&B, Snidely Whiplash was the villian in DDoftheRCMP--he was always after Nell . . . and DD's horse always saved the day.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 09:35 pm
Geez, I've really got them mixed up! I need to watch this show again. I'm thinking that my sincere interest in the RCMP probably dates from my Rocky and Bullwinkle days.

Didn't Bullwinkle have a Poetry Corner? Always corny, 'course.

Was the old lady with the dog named Precious on Rocky? The dog didn't bark but he always panted heavily. (Maybe I'm misremembering again.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 09:40 pm
I don't remember the old lady and the dog . . . and yes, Bullwinkle J. Moose did indeed have a poetry corner . . . but i loved the little five second fillers and segues to commercials too . . .

What's this Rocky, fan mail from some flouder?

No, Bullwinkle, this is really important, just watch ! ! !

When i meet some dimwitted public functionary, and they are droning on and on, i will trot out something like that . . . they never know how to react, and it irritates the livin' sh*t out of 'em . . . or something like . . .

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat!

Again ? ! ? ! ? That trick never works . . .

(ROARRRRR)

Whoa, no doubt about it, i gotta get me a new hat ! ! !

My interest in the RCMP (that's really an anachronism, as the Northwest Mounted Police did not become the Royal Canadian Mounted Police until after the Boer War in 1901) dates from very early television, and Sgt. Preston of the Yukon.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 10:03 pm
The RCMP Musical Ride used to come to the Puyallup Fair every other year, so we got our Mounty fix even after Sgt. Preston retired. Sgt. Preston... sigh. I remember him brushing off snow as he entered the cabin and looking as though he were wearing a lot of clothes. His dog... Was it King? A German Shepard/Alsatian?

It made me smile... every one of those quotes you mentioned is one that my sister and I knew and would use to make each other laugh at odd times in the backseat and on the bus. (Except "Roar." I don't remember that ever saying that.)

Quote:
"No doubt about it, ....!"
I loved this one.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 10:05 pm
I inserted the roar to indicate those times when he would reach in the hat and pull out a tiger . . .

Yes, his dog was named King . . .
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 10:31 pm
Setanta wrote:
I inserted the roar to indicate those times when he would reach in the hat and pull out a tiger . . .

Yes, his dog was named King . . .

Oh, thanks... I was trying to remember Rocky or Bullwinkle roaring. (Duh.)

King was a husky according to the websites, Yukon King. http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/sgt-preston.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 10:33 pm
I have never seen a color photograph of Sgt. Preston, Piffka . . . will wonders never cease . . .
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 10:50 pm
Yeah, I was wondering where all that sunshine came from. I remember him in B&W with snow.
0 Replies