Scrappy Doo is the world's most hated character ever

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:56 am
cavfancier wrote:
...Hmm, interesting idea...now all I have to do is steal a car.

should be child's play for one of your varied talents! :wink:
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:58 am
cavfancier wrote:
The one who wasn't in Street Legal was a regular shopper at the fine food store/caterer I used to cook at.

never saw "Street Legal" but i understand a new version is on the way;
er, Cynthia.........who's the other one...??
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:58 am
Dunno why the films seem to always turn out like, well, like Scrappy Doo.

The Chipmunks were from the 60s, I believe. The Rocky & Bullwinkle film was made in the 90s. Weird and just missing the whole dang point. <sigh>

I'm not a big TV fan either, and neither is RP. There are things we watch religiously and then everything else is completely, 100%, tuned out. We just can't change the channel fast enough.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:00 am
jespah wrote:
........I'm not a big TV fan either, and neither is RP. There are things we watch religiously and then everything else is completely, 100%, tuned out. We just can't change the channel fast enough.

i feel the need to point out there is also (on most models - maybe i'm a little out of date on this?) an "OFF" switch! Cool
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:02 am
What do you watch religiously, Jespah?

(This film was not-- live action -- was it?

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:03 am
BoGoWo wrote:
cavfancier wrote:
The one who wasn't in Street Legal was a regular shopper at the fine food store/caterer I used to cook at.

never saw "Street Legal" but i understand a new version is on the way;
er, Cynthia.........who's the other one...??

That would be Jennifer, my sub-illustrious shopper, and star of another Canadian flop 'Once A Thief', based on the John Woo film. Despite Woo's influence, the series didn't survive. Imagine that. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116712/
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:05 am
BoGoWo wrote:
cavfancier wrote:
...Hmm, interesting idea...now all I have to do is steal a car.

should be child's play for one of your varied talents! :wink:

Sadly, electronics and driving are not among my talents. :wink:
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:07 am
cavfancier wrote:
......That would be Jennifer, my sub-illustrious shopper, and star of another Canadian flop 'Once A Thief', based on the John Woo film. Despite Woo's influence, the series didn't survive. Imagine that. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116712/

"only the "good" die young"!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:09 am
Oh yeah, we turn off the TV quite a bit. Hmm, what do we watch?

Star Trek (unlike cav, we include Enterprise)
Stargate SG-1 (well, most of the time I'm the only one who watches it, and in syndication)
Friends (that was more RP; we will probably also check out Joey though we agree that show has "terminal" written all over it)
Wrestling (only Monday Night Raw, and if there's something else on we will often go to it. WWE is kind of a silly, violent soap opera, good for some laughs)
Who's Line is it Anyway? (either the Brit or the American version, both are good for a belly laugh or 2)
MST3K (sadly, it hasn't been shown regularly in quite a while)
Beavis & Butthead (argh, they need to bring it back. Our tapes are getting old)

Since I'm home during the day I also go to things like Powerpuff Girls and Ed, Edd & Eddy for general juvenile silliness, but I can take or leave both of them.

We watch lots of cooking shows and animal and science programs. If someone shows how to sauté a wooly mammoth, I suppose we'll be compelled to watch.

I think that's it. You can see why we don't have kids; our viewing habits make for really rotten role model, uh, stuff.

PS The R & B film was partly live-action and Robert DeNiro (of all people) starred in it. Sadly, that's too bizarre to be made up.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:10 am
Once a thief is just not a particularly good name for a movie of any description. It doesn't roll.

Incidentally, there are apparently two film adaptations of RB, Jes, and an ironically named film, 'Rocky and Bullwinkle: one last story,' which has nothing to do with the show at all. Anyway, the last RB was filmed in 2000:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131704/

another one is hideously called 'Of Moose and Men: Rocky and Bulwinkle.'

And yes, *groan,* both are 'live' action..

0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:10 am
cavfancier wrote:

that's what "teamwork" is all about! Evil or Very Mad Shocked Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:12 am
jespah, I think that there are two things that make Enterprise unwatchable for me: The theme song, and Scott Bakula, although I did like him in Quantam Leap, but Dean Stockwell really carried that show, let's face it.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:13 am
Well, we always skip over the theme song. I agree it's kinda lame. Bakula, unfortunately, is kinda stiff. He did well in an old West episode and seemed a lot more comfortable.

Yeah, QL, big fans, my first 'net stuff was asking about QL on a fansite.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:13 am
BoGoWo wrote:
cavfancier wrote:

that's what "teamwork" is all about! Evil or Very Mad Shocked Laughing

Sounds good. I'll scout out some vehicles in the neighbourhood. Plenty of SUVs....many parked illegally.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:14 am
Do you find that Raw is better than the other show? -- Did they not divide the 'wrestlers' up into two shows or something?

O, by the way; I'm completely unitiated: why does Enterprise count/not count? Has it a different cast?

I agree with you about Beavis and Butthead, and about Joey.. (can't you just see 'special guests' in the first episode, and a lot of canned laughter.?)

And-- what the hell is De Niro doing in R&B?

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:15 am
Huh? What coalition is this that is forming between Bo and Cav?

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:16 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Huh? What coalition is this that is forming between Bo and Cav?

Erm, it's a secret language. We know each other.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:17 am
As for DiNiro in R & B, I know he likes Black women, but I had no idea he was embarking on a singing career.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:19 am
cavfancier wrote:
......Sounds good. I'll scout out some vehicles in the neighbourhood. Plenty of SUVs....many parked illegally.

i already have a secret plot; i'm going to slink around in the cover of darkness, slapping stickes on the asses of SUVs saying i'm a PIG; kick me!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:22 am
Wonderful Bo. That's much better than my plan of just beating the crap out of the drivers with a baseball bat.
0 Replies