Scrappy Doo is the world's most hated character ever

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:18 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
'Talking to Americans?' Made in Canada sounds really interesting; like a far, far better version of 'Drop the dead donkey,' which I never got into...

Do you know why it was cancelled?

cavfancier wrote:
Everything good in Canada gets cancelled eventually. Laughing

Please, please!

my naive wee buddies!

Anything that is marginally better than the commercials gets cancelled!!!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:20 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
.............Do, generally, bad shows linger on for ages?

Especially when they can be run seamlessly with the commercials so that the potatoes don't notice the transition, and run to the kitchen for "supersizing"!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:21 am
Sounds interesting, Bo; although I never watch TV anymore, I'll check it out if I'm in Canada. Can it be synopsised, or is it very... far-reaching?

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:25 am
Rocky & Bullwinkle: http://bullwinkle.toonzone.net/

Good, subversive 60s fun from, believe it or not, the same guy who brought us Alvin & The Chipmunks. His real name is Ross Bagdasarian, but he used the name Jay Ward for R & B. But for the Chipmunks, he used the pseudonym of Dave Seville. Probably better that way, considering how much I suppose people want to be known of as being associated w/the Chipmunks.

Oh yeah, ignore the Rocky & Bullwinkle movie. Dreck, absolute dreck. What a shame.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:27 am
Incidentally, at least in Canada, everybody does not love Raymond.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:31 am
It is actually quite simple; all taking place in the "Old City Hall in downtown TO, which has been converted into the municipal courts; and "Alice" (obviously) is a rooky lawyer, having been hired to assist/take over for a 'nutcase' predecessor who has had a mental breakdown/life crisis event, and is unable to function.
She gets a series of bizzaar cases, and clients (assigned by the court) to defend for various unbelievable acts of disdain for 'the rule of law'.
All of which also contain sufficient actual despair, and compassion to render the picture completely believable in any society with more similarity to rats in a maze, that human domesticity.
You laugh uncontrollably, and gasp as the tears rolling down your cheeks turn bitter! Really!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:38 am
BoGoWo wrote:
It is actually quite simple; all taking place in the "Old City Hall in downtown TO, which has been converted into the municipal courts; and "Alice" (obviously) is a rooky lawyer, having been hired to assist/take over for a 'nutcase' predecessor who has had a mental breakdown/life crisis event, and is unable to function.
She gets a series of bizzaar cases, and clients (assigned by the court) to defend for various unbelievable acts of disdain for 'the rule of law'.
All of which also contain sufficient actual despair, and compassion to render the picture completely believable in any society with more similarity to rats in a maze, that human domesticity.
You laugh uncontrollably, and gasp as the tears rolling down your cheeks turn bitter! Really!

I see a profitable pitch here Bo, for "Street Legal II: This Time it's Personal." We'll have to see if the Dale sisters are talking or not. It's probably better if they are still on bad terms. To see them get into a fake legal catfight each week would certainly attract viewers.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:41 am
cavfancier wrote:
.........I see a profitable pitch here Bo, for "Street Legal II: This Time it's Personal." We'll have to see if the Dale sisters are talking or not. It's probably better if they are still on bad terms. To see them get into a fake legal catfight each week would certainly attract viewers.

why "fake"?

bring on Canadian "reallity" TV.

[oops, we'd have to be very 'polite' though! Rolling Eyes ]
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:42 am
Thanks for the link and the information, Jes! I can't believe that the evil that is the Chipmunks rare their ugly heads again. Rocky and Bulwinkle look fun. I always feel sorry for anyone whose career-- particularly literary or cinematographical-- wanes and never regains its former glory, but I have no mercy for anyone who goes from producing-- well, anything-- to making The Chipmunks. (And the Chipmunk girls, too, whom I swear were only brought into the mix to advertise chipmunk transvestism.)

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:42 am
I don't want to get sued....A2K has long arms...
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:44 am
Why is it, that, despite having a far grander budget, the movies always stink? Was R&B's movie a particular bomb? Was it made after he started on the Chipmunks?

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:45 am
cavfancier wrote:
Incidentally, at least in Canada, everybody does not love Raymond.

Is that the trucker with the mail-order bride and the senile father? I don't think that I love Raymond either, if so. (Despite that fling back in '96. All history.)

0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:46 am
"I'm not sure which is the greater evil, backseat drivers or armchair politicians."

rip the back seat out of an old car; plop it in front of the TV, with you on it, and you can be "evil incarnate"! Twisted Evil

[not to mention the whole 'clown phobia' thing...]
0 Replies

drom et reve

BoGoWo wrote:

Ooh, I have heard of this. It sounds interesting indeed. Who are the Dale sisters? -- they are not like those bastions of evil, the Olsen twins?

0 Replies

cavfancier

I dunno...it's that sitcom with Ray Romano that I watched for about 20 seconds years ago and tuned out. Apparently it's in syndication now, and Ray is a very wealthy man.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:48 am
BoGoWo wrote:
"I'm not sure which is the greater evil, backseat drivers or armchair politicians."

rip the back seat out of an old car; plop it in front of the TV, with you on it, and you can be "evil incarnate"! Twisted Evil

Hmm, interesting idea...now all I have to do is steal a car.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:48 am
O, the one with the meddling parents. I thought that was a tamed down version of that other crapfest, Married with Children.

0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:52 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
.....Ooh, I have heard of this. It sounds interesting indeed. Who are the Dale sisters? -- they are not like those bastions of evil, the Olsen twins?

No, no, no; we have no evil here in Canada; they are two sisters who have been the default actresses in every Canadian drama series, mini series, or film for the last umpteen (sorry about the Brit allussion) years, and they are just turning mid fortyish! - and kinda 'foxy'! Rolling Eyes Embarrassed
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:53 am
Laughing There are very few shows I enjoy on TV. I do like The Simpsons, and Family Guy, for cartoons, and some of the kiddie shows involving DC or Marvel comics characters (I grew up on those). Other than that....all the Law and Order series, CSI, Cold Case Files, anything forensic-related (it's not research, I swear), and Star Trek, all series except 'Enterprise'. I do get 'Animal Planet' and 'Discovery', and all the movie channels, which is great. Saves a ton of cash.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:55 am
The one who wasn't in Street Legal was a regular shopper at the fine food store/caterer I used to cook at.
0 Replies