Scrappy Doo is the world's most hated character ever

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 10:56 pm
Col Man wrote:
Laughing how very true, bogowo...
but you know my friend they say it all in our heads anyway if we were not here then neither would it be...for us anyway...
Very Happy

sometimes i frighten myself when i long wistfully for the future when we will all be wirelessly connected to the air waves! Shocked Rolling Eyes

cavfancier wrote:
Bo, didn't you hear? Milosevic actually voiced Scrappy Doo to raise money for arms.

did he realize that he would be better off with three?
and didn't he star in "A Farewell to Arms"?

[looked like him!]
0 Replies

Col Man

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 11:20 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 04:42 am
Hey, Bo: I posted this thread because of the amusing news that more people hate Scrappy Doo than Milosevic'. I found it quite surprising....

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 04:42 am
Yeah, Cav, I remember hearing this on one of those stupid outtake shows:

Scrappy: I shall kill yƶur chiltren.
Producer: What's that now, Scrappy?
Scrappy: (sarcastically: ) Scrappy freaking dappy doo.

I am just imagining the evil of Scrappy Doo: Mass Murderer. (Can easily see that as the next Scooby movie... a hybrid between Scrappy Doo's evil & half the Kill Bill script, turned out of order to overt suspicion..)

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 04:43 am
I think that Milosevic is a very big Hemingway fan Laughing. He once appeared in some teen movie, too, as the token Serbian dictator.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:03 am
I viewed Scrappy as a totally irrelevant character. I didn't so much dislike as dismiss him.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:06 am
I'm just glad this thread wasn't actually titled "Slappy Doo Hoo is the world's most hated character ever." That is simply not true. I hear that they revived Scrappy for the Scooby Doo movie, which I did not see, nor did I have any desire to.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:08 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I viewed Scrappy as a totally irrelevant character. I didn't so much dislike as dismiss him.

Yeah, I agree, Edgar, though I only saw it a few times. Irrelevant because he doesn't have much to do with the show's fabric; or something else? Sometimes, though, a character can be so irrelevant that it causes people to dislike him, doesn't it?

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:10 am
They did, indeed. I am informed by by Crapospondent that he was even more evil in the movie than in the series....

(but that they thought that Sarah Michelle Gellar's acting was second to none Neutral!)

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:11 am
Second to none is probably accurate, when you think about it....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:12 am
I have no knowledge of this Crappy Scrappy, for which i am relieved. I couldn't stand that crap cartoon Scooby Doo, and have never watched an entire episode. In fact, i've never intentionally watched it at all, with the exception of the Scooby Doo movie, which i was forced to endure while visiting a friend--good manners would not have allowed me to object.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:14 am
There is a theory that the only point of the show is to show the effects of LSD... interesting.

O no! How was the movie? Worse than the cartoon? Is your friend-- a fan?

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 05:55 am
Aside from that, I admire the show even less than setanta does.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:02 am
Yeah, I never liked cartoons, Edgar. Do you hate it because of its general idiocy, or contrived plots, or something?

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:04 am
I would haved liked the show if it weren't for those meddling kids.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 06:32 am
Laughing...

Now, that's an interesting idea for a spinoff...

Scooby Doo, without Scooby Doo. Just a few random villains and some godawful special guests...

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 08:23 am
Plus masks. Ya gotta have an unmasking at the end.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 08:25 am
Yes, Jes, the masks are vital to the whole set-up.

You know, with masks, and people being not what they seem, it seems clear to me that Scooby Doo actually is a work of post-modern genius, written by the wunderbar team of Shakespeare, Elvis, and the dad from Family Ties.

0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 08:28 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Yeah, I never liked cartoons, Edgar. Do you hate it because of its general idiocy, or contrived plots, or something?

Me too... and all of the above. Plus, I hate the way Scooby Doo does that fake panting thing. Ick. I am glad to say that my two kids felt the same way and we never had to suffer through Scooby Doo cartoons when they were young.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 08:31 am
If any Hollywood studio decides to make a live action 'Rocket Robin Hood' movie, shoot me.
0 Replies