Trump! Making a mockery of the GOP

RABEL222

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 02:41 pm
@CalamityJane,
Shurly you have been paying attention to the media. Every time Hillery is mentioned once Sanders is mentioned 4 times.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 02:56 pm
@CalamityJane,
I don't understand Trump at all, continually switching from "is he just nuts" to is he "playing a fun game for attention that turned real?", and then just yesterday I read some horrible article about what one of his delegates wants (I'd have to chase back on my computer history to find the quote but it was basically maniacal). Anyway, I think of him as the least a bad joke on us all.

I started a thread against Hillary somewhat more than a year ago, maybe two, about my unhappiness with her and asking if there were any interesting democrats out there that people could suggest. Well, I still don't greatly like her, especially her military enthusiasms and she scares me if for that reason alone. But, I voted for her this week (absentee).

I've agreed with Bernie on much, more than I do re Hillary, and still do, but I'm not a believer that he can do the job, or would survive the blasting that hasn't started yet, so Revelette's observation fits me, a Bernie liker who has become more and more annoyed with him, his coterie of staff helpers, his failure to control the Bernie lovers' behavior, his misplaced anger re the Democratic Party. I get some of that anger, but if rules are going to change, they should be discussed pre election season.

Since I'm typing on and on, I'll add the tidbit that I am disappointed that California changed its rules in 2012 to let primaries be open to non party members. That surprises me. I figure in the old closed way there was less fooling around re who was voting for whom to mess up the dynamics of the elections. Didn't know they had changed, since I had left there in late 2005.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 03:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
But who is that? I'm not positive it's Clinton, though I'm banking (ha!) on it.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 04:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I think you meant to say that's how it looks to you.

Plenty of blogs and fora in the www tilting this same way.

Quote:
There are other of us outside the US and we don't necessarily view things the way you do.

That's comforting to hear. Australians are also seemingly stuck with this "lesser-of-two-evils" schtick, and fed up with the BS that is passed off as representative politics today.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 07:44 pm
@CalamityJane,
I have seen someone run the numbers where Hillary will get well over 300 electoral votes even if she gets only 60% of Sanders voters.
maporsche

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 08:15 am
@parados,
YEP!!!

People are all concerned about this 'national CvT poll' that is far to simplistic when determining who will win the presidential race...which is decided in state by state contests where Hillary is currently decimating Trump in the important states that she needs to win.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2016 11:35 am
@maporsche,
Trump is a ME guy with a big ego, and wants to have the title more than the responsibility which escapes his simple brain. He has no idea about how governments operate.
He's still pushing his wall: Just proves how ignorant he is.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 06:43 am
Trump Seeks To Whiten The Republican Party Even More

Those of us who possess rudimentary cognitive skills can easily see that the Republican Party offers nothing for the majority of Americans, except for those who are white, male and wealthy. Since the demographics of this country are quickly shifting from a White majority to a much larger percentage of Hispanics making up our electorate, Donald Trump thought this was the opportune time to insult the living Hell out of any and every American of Latino descent.

These non-White/male Republicans wear the Republican label even though the party has treated them poorly and legislated against their own well-being. Why do they? It's hard to say, but likely it is their appeal via their parents or their faith. The mere existence of LGBT, female, immigrant, Muslim, Black and Hispanic Republicans (to name a few) still baffles those of us who have a basic knowledge of the GOP's objectives.

Now that Trump is the GOP's nominee, Hispanic Republicans are in a very precarious position. How do they reconcile voting for someone who's been downright offensive to Hispanics?

http://crooksandliars.com/2016/06/trump-making-gop-even-whiter-ever
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 01:06 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
It's been shown that negative information against their politics or religious views only strengthens their stand. It's a phenomenon that seems contrary to logic, but studies prove otherwise.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 07:03 am
@cicerone imposter,
None are so blind as those who will not see.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 07:42 am
The strange tale of how Trump made a "fortune" off Qaddafi

engineer

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 07:47 am
I would have a decent amount of respect for a Republican politician who came out and said "I cannot support Trump, therefore I endorse ...". My guess would be Johnson since he's a former Republican governor with an equally qualified running mate, but it doesn't really matter. It's one thing to say "oh those comments were terrible and have no place in our democracy". It's another to add "and I can't continue to support this".
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 09:09 am
The Republicans are putting petty partisanship ahead of human decency, although some do think that Trump is the lesser of the two evils in regard to Hillary. Her rule breaking and mishandling of security at the Benghazi outpost are worse, in their minds, than Trump's bigotry and racism.
farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 09:21 am
@InfraBlue,
The fact that hes bat **** crazy does not affect your thinking?
Hes a proven racist misogynistic clueless douche bag who cares NOTHING for America.
He will do himself in by his mouth's inability to connect with his brain.

I think that the Trump endorsers are also ******* clueless. I wonder what Paul Ryan now has to say about Trumps "executive talents" after his racist crap spoken about a Fed Judge who was born an American of Hispanic parents.

I think Trump will try to put all Hispanic Americans, Muslim Americans , an probably Japanese Americans onto concentration camps. What ya think?
Im a 2nd generation Russian American, I wonder of Im safe in a Trump regime?
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 10:30 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
The fact that hes bat **** crazy does not affect your thinking?

The very fact that he is, along with all of his Trumppites, bat **** crazy prompted me to post to this thread.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 11:28 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I think that the Trump endorsers are also ******* clueless.

Polls have shown that Trump supporters are the older white, and uneducated. They make up less than 35% of the voters.

There's no cure for stupid/ignorant people, so we must make sure the majority votes in this election.
engineer

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 12:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
But his endorsers are not. They are making a political calculation that smacks of cowardice. I've been reading all the Muhammad Ali stuff where he stood completely alone against essentially the entire nation to do what he felt was the right thing. Some Trump endorsers could use just a bit of that courage.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2016 11:54 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
The strange tale of how Trump made a "fortune" off Qaddafi

From your link;
Quote:
Trump has made the claim before. Back in May of 2011, Trump seemed to brag to Fox News that he had "screwed" over Qaddafi after renting a piece of land to the former Libyan head of state.

Kellogg, Root, and Brown (and later Cheney's Halliburton) made a fortune building the Nubian Aquifer viaducts in Libya for Qaddafi, and Goldman Sachs accepted 10 billion from Qaddafi, which they squandered on various bad deals before the 2007 crash that they helped to orchestrate.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 12:07 am
@farmerman,

farmerman wrote:

I think Trump will try to put all Hispanic Americans, Muslim Americans , an probably Japanese Americans onto concentration camps. What ya think?
Im a 2nd generation Russian American, I wonder of Im safe in a Trump regime?

He thinks Russia under Putin is our good friend. You're good.
farmerman

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2016 04:37 am
@roger,
whew. It seems that hes got a hair trigger and he doesnt think things out well.
0 Replies