Trump! Making a mockery of the GOP

engineer

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 03:49 pm
@revelette2,
I think he would have to release his speech transcripts before asking for hers.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 04:30 pm
@revelette2,
You need to follow the plot. Andrea Mitchell was the last person to ask Hillary to release her transcripts, not Trump, and she said she wouldn't even if Trump releases his returns. At the Brooklyn Dem Debate Hillary said she would release her transcripts if Bernie and Trump would release their returns, now she says she won't. Flip-flop. In addition she now wants Trump to release his transcripts. Your whole point is moot because you're reading the wrong material on the subject.

'“The President said in his speech Saturday night, that if those jokes worked well, he was going to use that material once he’s out of office with Goldman Sachs to make a lot of Tubmans,” Mitchell said. “And which brings to mind, you know, the attack line from Bernie Sanders about the Goldman Sachs speech, what was in that speech that you wouldn’t want to reveal to the people who are voting for you?

“Nothing, and you know, I—” Clinton said.

“So why not just put it out there?” Mitchell asked.

“Well, because, I know that others, including Mr. Trump, have made speeches, and he, look at where we are. I’ve put out 33 years of tax returns,” Clinton said.

“So if he puts out his tax returns, would you put out your transcripts?” Mitchell asked.

“No, let’s talk about apples and apples. And I know that Donald Trump hasn’t put out any of his. Let’s deal with the standards that have been in place for decades before we move on to new standards imposed on me and nobody else,” Clinton said. “So, let’s get tax returns out, let’s get Donald Trump’s tax returns out and then let’s get the transcripts of his speeches because as I’m told, he’s made a whole lot more money on a single speech than I have.”

http://freebeacon.com/politics/clinton-again-refuses-release-speech-transcripts/
Kolyo

Reply Thu 12 May, 2016 07:05 pm
Let's have a look at the diary she kept in college while we're at it.

Leave no stone unturned in our relentless search for "the truth".
Builder

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 01:56 am
@Kolyo,
Quote:
Let's have a look at the diary she kept in college while we're at it.

She was Republican then, so that's another life altogether.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 05:02 pm
Lets not lose track of the truth. Clinton has been in public service for decades, fighting for one cause or another. What has Trump done but create wealth for himself for decades? Now, all of a sudden he cares? Thats a load of crap. He just wants the Trump name stamped on the white house. I have no confidence whatsoever, that he cares about anything or anyone in the US unless it effects his bottom line. And the idea people believe in the "trickle down economy" and still hold on to that dream is a mystery to me. Its like sinking your head in the sand and praying for a savior.
Lilkanyon

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 05:07 pm
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

You need to follow the plot. Andrea Mitchell was the last person to ask Hillary to release her transcripts, not Trump, and she said she wouldn't even if Trump releases his returns. At the Brooklyn Dem Debate Hillary said she would release her transcripts if Bernie and Trump would release their returns, now she says she won't. Flip-flop. In addition she now wants Trump to release his transcripts. Your whole point is moot because you're reading the wrong material on the subject.

'“The President said in his speech Saturday night, that if those jokes worked well, he was going to use that material once he’s out of office with Goldman Sachs to make a lot of Tubmans,” Mitchell said. “And which brings to mind, you know, the attack line from Bernie Sanders about the Goldman Sachs speech, what was in that speech that you wouldn’t want to reveal to the people who are voting for you?

“Nothing, and you know, I—” Clinton said.

“So why not just put it out there?” Mitchell asked.

“Well, because, I know that others, including Mr. Trump, have made speeches, and he, look at where we are. I’ve put out 33 years of tax returns,” Clinton said.

“So if he puts out his tax returns, would you put out your transcripts?” Mitchell asked.

“No, let’s talk about apples and apples. And I know that Donald Trump hasn’t put out any of his. Let’s deal with the standards that have been in place for decades before we move on to new standards imposed on me and nobody else,” Clinton said. “So, let’s get tax returns out, let’s get Donald Trump’s tax returns out and then let’s get the transcripts of his speeches because as I’m told, he’s made a whole lot more money on a single speech than I have.”

http://freebeacon.com/politics/clinton-again-refuses-release-speech-transcripts/

She has a point...since the days of Nixon, presidential candidates have released their tax returns, and so has Clinton. Where are Trumps? Nowhere are private speeches become public domain for a candicacy. If thats true, where are Trumps private speech transcripts? She released her tax returns, where are his?
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 06:43 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
Clinton has been in public service for decades, fighting for one cause or another.

There's loads of career parasites in politics. The very nature of the position attracts the worst kinds of people.

Can you list some causes that Hillary has championed, please?
Lilkanyon

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 06:46 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
Clinton has been in public service for decades, fighting for one cause or another.

There's loads of career parasites in politics. The very nature of the position attracts the worst kinds of people.

Womens rights most of all... Healthcare for all? Its a start...
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 06:48 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:

What had Trump advocated for in his long career of public service?
Builder

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 07:01 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
Womens rights most of all... Healthcare for all?

Pandering, most of all.

Quote:
What had Trump advocated for in his long career of public service?

Popularity.

The whole election charade is a pissing contest based on sound bytes.

Neither of these people care about people.

It's all about power for both of them.
roger

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 07:32 pm
@Builder,
Trump has no career in public service - long or otherwise.
Builder

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 07:42 pm
@roger,
Yeah, he's more known for his "reality" TV program than anything else, or maybe his lusting after his own daughter.

This does not make Hillary any more (or less) appealing as a world leader.
Lilkanyon

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 07:44 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Yeah, he's more known for his "reality" TV program than anything else, or maybe his lusting after his own daughter.

This does not make Hillary any more (or less) appealing as a world leader.

Are you kidding me? As least she understands politics and diplomacy. How does Trump remotely qualify on the same level.
Builder

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 07:48 pm
@Lilkanyon,
I'm not going to be trapped into choosing between either of them.

Neither should the American people have to.
Lilkanyon

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 07:52 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

I'm not going to be trapped into choosing between either of them.

Neither should the American people have to.

Umm, isnt that what voting is about?
Builder

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 07:57 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:

Okay, so there's fifteen parties (rhetorically speaking) and the press only recognises two parties. Does that mean the other thirteen parties don't exist?

That's what a democracy is all about; everybody having a representative in a position of bargaining power.

What we have today, is two parties, who pretend for a brief period, to represent some of the people, but after election, go back to representing donors and corporate sponsors.
Lilkanyon

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 08:05 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:

Okay, so there's fifteen parties (rhetorically speaking) and the press only recognises two parties. Does that mean the other thirteen parties don't exist?

That's what a democracy is all about; everybody having a representative in a position of bargaining power.

What we have today, is two parties, who pretend for a brief period, to represent some of the people, but after election, go back to representing donors and corporate sponsors.

Yep and yep. Trump nor Bernie gonna change that. We are a society run by big corp and pray our children survive it before it crashes like communism. Thats how much faith I have. But I sure as hell wont give it totally over to big corp like Trump. Say what you will about Clinton, but shes the bridge between the two, like it or not.
Builder

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 08:15 pm
@Lilkanyon,
So you accept the status-quo of the oligarchy, in that you must choose the lesser of two evils?

It's not my position to attack you personally, because Australians are being shunted in this direction, but at this point in the history of the world, we have a power that most are only now becoming aware of, and that power is knowledge.

We know how corrupted the system has become, and we have the choice to cowtow to what we are told to do, or stand firm, and say NO!.

You've chosen conformity.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 09:36 pm
@Builder,
But it is their choice. Is it not?
Builder

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 10:13 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
But it is their choice. Is it not?

Of course. Though most thinking Americans realise that it's not really a choice.
0 Replies