seeing someone that has asked for time and space

tbc8207

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 11:19 am
Well for the past 3 weeks I have been seeing a girl, things were going great we have almost everything in common and we clicked really. We both agreed to take things slow and not to rush into anything because we both have been hurt in the past. When I saw her last weekend she told me that she was also kina seeing someone else and she said it wouldn't last because she really like hang out with me. I played it off as if it was fine but I during the week I after thing about it I was kind of feeling hurt. We where supposed to see each other a few days ago and she was having a bad and that is understandable because everyone has bad days. But thinking about this other person that she was dating was really eating me up inside. I feel like I made the mistake of letting it get the best of me and I told her that I like being with and I have no problem taking things slow but I cant see her if she is seeing someone else. She replied that she was not seeing anyone else anymore just me. The next we were supposed to see each other but she said that she needs time and space and it wasn't me because she really likes spending time with me. Long story short I got drunk and told her that I was sorry for everything and being too pushy and she said that if I want to see her again then I need to give her time and space and not to continually text her. Its been a few couple days I'm giving her space but I really want to talk to her and tell her that I was a idiot for have the thing I said to her. After being in failed relationship the feeling that I had when I was with her felt so good and I didn't want that feeling to end. I want to send her a text but I know I cant. I feel like I ruined a good thing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 956 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 11:24 am
@tbc8207,
tbc8207 wrote:

Well for the past 3 weeks I have been seeing a girl

she said that if I want to see her again then I need to give her time and space and not to continually text her

I want to send her a text but I know I cant.

chill out

specifically and generally

relax

you've been seeing someone for three weeks - that's a pin dot of time

__

what are you doing with your time? are you in any sports? do you have hobbies? reports due? pay attention to having an interesting life
tbc8207

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 12:39 pm
@ehBeth,
I stopped drinking and smoking pot, because I realized it was making me feel worse about the situation and I have join the gym. I think it hurts the most because this the 1st person that I went out with that I had everything in common with. I have also recently been divorced but it was for the better, we split up last November and just got the divorced finalized about 2 months ago. But when my ex wife and I split it didn't really hurt and I was ok with being alone, but till a month ago I was drinking a lot trying to forget because I felt so lonely inside. When I met this new girl all of that loneliness went away. I know that there maybe a chance for me to see this new girl again and there might not be a chance. But even if there is nit a chance I just want to tell the girl I've been seeing that I messed up and should not have been thinking too far a head and pretty much I'm sorry for only thing about what I wanted.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 12:45 pm
@tbc8207,
tbc8207 wrote:
When I met this new girl all of that loneliness went away.

this is a lot of pressure/responsibility to put on someone - and I suspect she can feel that neediness - you seem anxious just from reading a couple of posts here

work out, run, swim, join a club

work on getting comfortable with being yourself, by yourself
tbc8207

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 01:04 pm
@ehBeth,
I kept her wishes and moved slow like she wanted, and she continually told me over the weekend that I didn't do anything wrong, but she didn't want to see any one at this time. I do feel like I was too honest with her on Saturday when I told her that I didn't like the idea that she was seeing someone else, and after being sober for a couple of days I realize that I should not have said that especially since for one we just started to see each other and 2nd I didn't know that she had stopped seeing him so she could be with me.
I meet her on online and I noticed that she got rid of her profile, not by me logging on but just from doing a search in my aria.

I'm trying to stay busy and not think about all the way I messed up that's why I joined the gym yesterday and tomorrow I'm going to try counseling not because of what just happened with this girl but I think I'm past do. When I got divorced I didn't deal with the problem properly and after this happing this weekend I realized that I can't keep stuff bottled up, because after a while it take a toll on you.
0 Replies

tbc8207

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 01:15 pm
@ehBeth,
I know you said that it really 3 weeks is not much time, I agree with you but how often will you meet someone that you click right away with and have some much in common ? That's the hard part for me at least, that and feeling lonely inside not lonely but lonely deep inside.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 01:51 pm
@tbc8207,
Go to the gym, spend some time working with the counsellor. Once the deep-down lonelies are eased a bit, you'll see the difference.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 02:00 pm
@tbc8207,
tbc8207 wrote:

I know you said that it really 3 weeks is not much time, I agree with you but how often will you meet someone that you click right away with and have some much in common ? That's the hard part for me at least, that and feeling lonely inside not lonely but lonely deep inside.

Well, you did agree to take it slow.

What happened with that?

0 Replies