@glitterbag,
You really are under the weather.

Never heard of the TPP?

Didn't think so.
0 Replies

parados

Sat 18 Jun, 2016 07:38 am
@Builder,
The data used was a Media exit poll. The link clearly states the difference between media exit polls and exit polls conducted to confirm electoral results.
revelette2

Sat 18 Jun, 2016 09:10 am
Is it just me, or has this been the seemingly longest drawn out election season in memory? Other than the occasional comment on Trump or Sanders, there is hardly anything new to say. From what I remember of 2008, it just seemed no time between when Obama was the clear winner to the convention. The 2012 was not as exciting but the convention was fantastic with Bill Clinton as speaker. I hate to say it but it seems Bill Clinton is not up to his usual standards, seems a little off and very tired and frail looking. I just hope the Bernie bros do not decide to liven things up with some kind of disrupting stunt and/or behavior at the convention. I would rather it be boring than a disaster, but I have a horrible feeling it is going to be a disaster.
snood

Sat 18 Jun, 2016 09:37 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
I just hope the Bernie bros do not decide to liven things up with some kind of disrupting stunt and/or behavior at the convention. I would rather it be boring than a disaster, but I have a horrible feeling it is going to be a disaster.

Well, let's look at that. Let's try to prognosticate what they might do at the convention, just judging from what you have seen of the reasoning and temperament of the Bernie-or-Busters that are represented on A2K. Do you think they will be there more intent on unity or disruption? Do you think they will be looking for a positive and productive outcome, or do you think they will be trying to make a loud statement, outcome be damned? I know what I expect.
Blickers

Sat 18 Jun, 2016 09:53 am
@parados,
Quote parados:
Quote:
The data used was a Media exit poll. The link clearly states the difference between media exit polls and exit polls conducted to confirm electoral results.

Well stated. There is a huge difference between a media exit poll, such as what CNN or the NY Times uses, and a true Electoral Verification Exit Poll. However, we can expect Builder, in time-honored troll fashion, to try to confuse the reader between the media polls, which are used to try to predict results for the viewer and which stop interviewing hours before the polls close, (such as what CNN uses), and real Electoral Verification Exit Polls, which interview many more people and of course interview until the polls close. He will continue to use these less accurate and flawed media polls to try to find a discrepancy between them and the electoral results, so he can scream "Election Fraud!" in his posts.

Why? Because that's what he's here for.
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 18 Jun, 2016 10:15 am
@snood,
I have the feeling they will vent all of their supposed feelings of being cheated into a night of disruption. Unless those who come (Is it only Bernie Sanders delegates who will be there?)are carefully chosen who are reasonable and have definite goals other than just sheer malicious disruption.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 03:31 pm
Here she comes: authoritarian neoliberal Hillary.

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/30/clintonism_screwed_the_democrats_how_bill_hillary_and_the_democratic_leadership_council_gutted_progressivism/
DrewDad

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 04:14 pm
@Lash,
What, pray tell, is a "neoliberal?"
snood

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 04:34 pm
@DrewDad,
Well, whatever it is, Hillary's an authoritarian one.
Blickers

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 07:22 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote DrewDad:
Quote:

I posted a video that dealt with that, but honestly, it wasn't worth watching.
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 09:06 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:

Quote:
BREXIT: What is it really all about?
It may surprise some people to learn that the economic theory is diverse. Different economic ideologies contradict each other in nearly every way and are a source of great conflict.
Our economy and indeed the broader western economy has been increasingly influenced by and run according to neoliberal economic ideology. Typically, this sees the state cede control and influence of trade and finance to the private sector. Unfortunately, this leads to rampant globalisation, which undermines the strength of nations, culturally and economically.
Australia seems almost addicted to neoliberalism with its ardent pursuit of so called free trade agreements (FTAs) that do more to undermine domestic manufacturing and processing industries than provide any real economic gain for the nation. Trade benefits of these agreements are captured by big business with little or no benefit to small business.
In turn we see the global economy increasingly run by multinational corporations with little if any social conscience and annual budgets bigger than many companies. These corporations are decreasingly accountable to any nation.
The Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) is the next step in the neoliberal agenda. It presents significant threats to our sovereignty and formally provides legal precedence that gives foreign corporations rights that supersede our own government.
The global financial crisis was a direct result of failures in the neoliberal ideology. Sadly, the key lessons were not learned and our economic and trade policies continue to be informed and determined by the same neoliberal thinking.
The debate in Britain about leaving the EU is a significant realisation that globalisation and neoliberalism are not delivering the promise of a better future for the next generation. The poll result was decisive.
CountryMinded is committed to a pragmatic and objective approach to economic management. We are committed to preserving our democracy, sovereignty and independent economy. There are elements of neoliberal ideology that make sense, but it is not an all or nothing proposition and we do not need to blindly accept that trade liberalisation can only be delivered through FTAs or the TPP.
“Brexit” poses significant challenges to Britain and the decision does not necessarily mean their future is assured. However, it is a resounding dis-endorsement of the current management model. It also sends a clear message that nations can, should and will exercise their right and ability for self-determination.
Abraham Lincoln once said, “the best way to predict your future is to create it.” It is time we too stopped letting others dictate our future. We need to create the future we imagine for our children, necessarily, without being constrained by current ideological or economic paradigms.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 09:15 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Well, whatever it is, Hillary's an authoritarian one.

Why do you find a need in someone favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.

I do not agree but many people seem to think this is a house nigro mentality what do you think?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 11:08 pm
This video is to help pro Hillary people in the future.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 11:11 pm
This is a strategy for Hillary to get Bernie supporters.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 26 Jun, 2016 09:15 am
If we plan on getting our lady elected in November we need to tell her to stop doing these questionable things. Rolling Eyes

0 Replies

revelette2

Sun 26 Jun, 2016 09:49 am
Boris Epshteyn: "What We Need To Talk About Is Hillary Clinton's Record Of Failure ... Rose Law Firm, Whitewater, Stuff About Vince Foster"

Please, Trump, keep talking of Vince Foster and Whitewater rather than your own shoddy record in your business dealings.
0 Replies

Blickers

Sun 26 Jun, 2016 01:38 pm
I knew the extreme right was so anti-Obama that they cheered on Putin when the two tangled, but now they are actually sending out spokesmen named Boris.

What comes next, is the Tea Party going to try to get Vladimir Putin's birthday declared a US national holiday? Instead of Presidents Day, it will be President We Wish We Had Day. Where will it stop? Shocked
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 26 Jun, 2016 01:53 pm
@DrewDad,
Let me know, eh, when you figure it out. I have enough trouble with the word 'liberal' as it is.
0 Replies

revelette2

Tue 28 Jun, 2016 10:47 am
House Benghazi Panel Finds No New Evidence of Wrongdoing by Hillary Clinton
reasoning logic

Tue 28 Jun, 2016 06:05 pm
@revelette2,
Do you think that the members of your house would accuse you publicly?