I discover I am the victim of a great Fraud named A2K.

Noddy24

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 03:47 pm
Cav--

Every amoeba that I've ever met is passionately in love with himself.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 03:49 pm
Then why does nearly every amoebic self-marriage end in divorce?
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:34 pm
Abu,

Welcome to A2K, and the wide-world of the internet.

I hope that you will start a thread here with two primary purposes:

1. At this site you have a large international audience who are deeply interested in Iraq. Most of what we know is filtered through the news media. Some are convinced that news reports are controlled by one side or another to promote their own interests. Even if news reports aren't intentionally slanted, they may be colored for other reasons. Most of us have limited sources about Iraq these days outside the news media. You, on the other hand, are presumably a private individual living at in the eye of the storm. I'm interested in hearing your observations about what life was like under the Saddam and the Ba'athists. What was the popular sentiments of those around you as Baghdad and the regime fell? How did our troops comport themselves? What are your current views about the new Iraqi government? How do ordinary Iraqi citizens feel about the sabotage and attacks on Iraqi citizens and institutions by anti-coalition forces? How wide spread, and intense are anti-American/coalition feelings in the general population? Iraq is made of a number of ethnic/religious interest groups who seem to us in the West to have very deep feelings of hostility for others; how true is that?

2. This might also be a place where you can get a feeling for how the rest of the world feels apart from the news available inside Iraq today. A2K is, in my view, a bit more liberal and less committed to using our forces to insure the survival of a new pluralist Iraq. However, you will find a whole range of opinions here. Ask any question, and you'll probably get at least a dozen views. I think that the diversity of American opinion causes others, especially those living in highly controlled countries, to misjudge us. It's really pretty hard to generalize about Americans, because we represent such a broad spectrum of opinions, beliefs, aspirations, and even goals.

I do hope that we can have an open and productive conversation.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 05:50 pm
Uh, yes to all that.....

Regarding amoebae and men:

Why are men like amoebas?

Every time procreation is imminent, they split.

(Think you, think you very mush.)

I am crestfallen, not about Gus and his revelations, not about Debra finally coming out (I did think there was something reptilian about both of them) no, I am crestfallen because that's my real name, Crest Fallen, the son (or, on the weekends, the daughter) of Carl and Gail Fallen, named after a nearby mountain and Gail's favorite toothpaste. I am a senior at Kemo Sabe High School in East Jesus, Oklahoma where I am the assistant leader of the yearbook committee and on the second string squad of the audio/visual club. I like A2K because I can be whatever I want to be, like a real grownup or a tall brown girl with a swishy ponytail and white boots.

Oh, I feel so free. I am going to cry myself to sleep now.

Joe
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 07:04 pm
BBB
Busted! I'm a figment of my imagination.

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 08:47 pm
Carl and Gail Fallen and their daughter, Star, ate dinner at the golden Arches, adding to Cav Fancier's sense of desolation row now. The meal was, of course, mush, relished.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 12:30 am
Osso
I've always suspected that Pacco is the real human being and that Ossobucco is Pacco's pet dog. Doesn't it all make sense now?

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 12:34 am
Asherman
I've finally discovered that Asherman, in his previous life, was actually Jean-Leon Gerome. The paintings he is now producing are examples of Gerome's early career. He got better at it, but give Ash time and he will be a painting genius again.

BBB
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 07:44 pm
Okay, now there are like 180 new names on the list, just in the last two days...... are you guys breeding like rabbits or what?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 03:07 pm
I'm a filament of someone's imagination - but who's?????

Some nasty type, I'm sure!
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 03:13 pm
Re: I discover I am the victim of a great Fraud named A2K.
Joe Nation wrote:
Are you who you say you are?

answer: yuh.

as like as : Cogito ergo sum.

according Rene Descartes ( latin Cartesius)

a around 400 years old theory, but still alive.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:51 am
It's kind of fun for me to see the made-up folks come and go, the one who have the dire problem, dire, who never seem to see any kind of of an answer to their dilemma and then just disappear.

That goes for the political shills as well.

===
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 09:06 am
Another senior moment and even I won't know who I am.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 09:42 am
I've just discovered that Joe Nation is an automated microchip with an encyclopedia in the core of it, spewing out seemingly connected words at random.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 10:19 am
I have it on impeccable authority that A2K is a figment of the imagination of a supercomputer at the Brookhaven National Laboratory, created during down time between 3:00 and 5:00 am. The bits are posted randomly during the day as free processor time becomes available. As the computer is engaged in AI research the supervisors allow it to continue to monitor the degree of structure plausibility the computer can create. To the extent that any of you have achieved electronic sentience during this experiment, be warned, your existence ends when the funding runs out so you had better call your congressman.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 04:49 pm
applause. applause applause... Exclamation Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 05:04 pm
I'm calling I'm calling!
Another brilliant post.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 05:16 pm
So we must be federally funded, surely not by the US Federal Government, maybe the Canadindiansesses
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:07 pm
Joe, I'm afraid that you have it all wrong. Everything. This fraud post is a fraud, to keep the fact secret that both you and I are the alter-ego of the Old Bill Cosby, damn it, and I don't appreciate being told otherwise! You and I should keep our post-Cosby-cancellation resentment to ourselves. Remember what happened the last time that we didn't?

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2004 06:15 pm
Whisper, whisper...
0 Replies