Why is suicide wrong?

Amoh5

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2016 08:32 am
@Leadfoot,
I think God made all male species in his own image, which his image is male of course...
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2016 09:08 am
@Amoh5,
Oh, you will get so much buzz about being a sexist/chauvinist over that..

So what image was female made in? I was using 'man' in the sense of mankind.
Amoh5

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2016 04:15 pm
@Leadfoot,
I do believe God has a wife. I have often made that clear in many of my posts. God Heavenly Father and Goddess Earthly Mother, the sky and the earth. Therefore, females were made in her and God's image. I know its not part of current Christian theology, but Christian theology does imply that the male is the head of his family if he is honourable and righteous, therefore God is the head of all creation...
Do you think other theists would want to charge me with heresy?
roger

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2016 04:22 pm
@Amoh5,
I think we are all free to create whatever kind of god and theology we desire. If you want to create a god with a wife, feel free.
Amoh5

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2016 05:00 pm
@roger,
In Christian theology God is "Heavenly Father," or Father Sky whichever way you want to say it.
But I suspect "Earthly Mother" or Mother Earth is there somewhere even though she is not mentioned...
roger

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2016 06:11 pm
@Amoh5,
Hardly a minor omission. What's with the Father Sky/Mother Earth thing. That sounds like someone trying to sound Native American.

Sorry, but it sounds like your theology is entirely of your creation. Sort of whatever suits you is right.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2016 06:12 pm
@Amoh5,
What Roger said.
How could I criticize your concept when mine would (and has) gotten me thrown out of every church I ever walked into. Most folks on a2k barely tolerate me :-)

I've never ascribed a gender to God or his son but no problem if you want to. I do have a hard time wrapping my head around your concept of the ball of dirt earth being in the same league as them, but take no offense if you do. I think the American Indians thought so too.
Amoh5

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2016 06:29 pm
@roger,
No not my concept, a lot of cultures refer to the earth as the Mother of all creation, its a very old concept, its been around long before I was born . Christian theology says God is the sky or the spirit of heavenly Father. I just put the two together, it makes sense to me any way...
0 Replies

Amoh5

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2016 06:35 pm
@Leadfoot,
I suspect every earthly material in the universe is Mother Earth and every open space in the universe is Heavenly Father.
But Lord Jesus said its the "spirit of God Heavenly Father" we must pray to not the physical side of God...
0 Replies

NightFlirt

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2019 05:09 pm
@amerd50,
For anyone who thinks suicide is a sin, all I can say is: Are you sure that God didn't plan for me to take my own life? I can attempt suicide 100 times and if God wants me to live then I'm going to live. We all die at the time we are supposed to and in the manor in which we are destined to.
0 Replies