The Circus in Chicago

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 04:17 pm
@parados,
oralloy doesn't care about all the facts. He likes to imagine things in his own head, and present them on a2k to educate dummies like himself.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 04:17 pm
I now see this as a Feed Circus.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 04:32 pm
@oralloy,
Interesting that you are more worried about a married president covering up an affair than a president who lied to the country about WMDs that were not there and sent fighting men and women in to die. How typical of Republicans: Don't lie to me about your sex life, but by all means lie about a war you're sending us into.

As always, the Democrats are the ONLY choice for anyone with a sense of right and wrong.
oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 05:00 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Because you find it credible doesn't count as evidence. Nor does it remove reasonable doubt.

Jurors often have to decide which witness is the more credible. While you and I are not jurors, ultimately the question of who is more credible comes to a judgement call.
oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 05:01 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Yes, she did testify and it was nothing like you are attempting to characterize it. She certainly didn't draw the conclusion you are drawing.

Her conclusion seemed unrealistic considering the questions that she said she was asked.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 05:05 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
You keep repeating they are felonies and you still have no evidence other than what you believe.

Perjury, obstruction of justice, and witness tampering are felonies.

It is reasonable of you to argue that Bill Clinton is innocent. It is ludicrous of that other guy to argue that perjury, obstruction of justice, and witness tampering are sex acts.

parados wrote:
Your beliefs don't make Clinton's acts crimes. The prosecutors beliefs don't make it crimes.

I'd say that it was the law that makes his acts crimes.

parados wrote:
The prosecutor didn't pursue it in a court of law. The Senate didn't find the evidence credible enough to convict.

That is evidence that the Republicans are ethically superior to the Democrats.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 05:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
oralloy doesn't care about all the facts.

You can't point out a single fact that I've not addressed.

cicerone imposter wrote:
He likes to imagine things in his own head, and present them on a2k

You can't point out a single thing that I am wrong about.

cicerone imposter wrote:
to educate dummies like himself.

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own stupidity.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 05:07 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Interesting that you are more worried about a married president covering up an affair than a president who lied to the country about WMDs that were not there and sent fighting men and women in to die. How typical of Republicans: Don't lie to me about your sex life, but by all means lie about a war you're sending us into.

Imaginary lies are trivial compared to a long string of felonies.

Blickers wrote:
As always, the Democrats are the ONLY choice for anyone with a sense of right and wrong.

That Democrats think it is OK to commit felonies makes it quite clear which party cares about right and wrong.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 05:08 pm
@Blickers,
I have orally on IGNORE. Can somebody let me know when he posts something that's factual and relevant? Thanks.
oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 05:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
I have orally on IGNORE. Can somebody let me know when he posts something that's factual and relevant? Thanks.

I always post things that are factual and relevant.

It is good though that you are going to quit falsely accusing me of your own stupidity. That was pretty absurd, even for you.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 05:48 pm
@oralloy,
Which witness is more credible is meaningless if even if one is more credible it still doesn't meet the standard required for a crime.
oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 06:26 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Which witness is more credible is meaningless if even if one is more credible it still doesn't meet the standard required for a crime.

If one witness testifies that there was a crime and one witness testifies that there was no crime, it sometimes comes down to a judgement call as to which witness is the more credible.
Blickers

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 06:38 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:

Imaginary lies? Ho Ho Ho. He sent his spokesmen out to absolutely assure the American people that Iraq had WMDs to justify his needless invasion.

Republicans are more interested in a president's affairs with his mistress than a president who lies his country into a needless invasion that has claimed the lives of thousands of our military people. We can be sure that Republican minions will stick up for him, no matter how egregious the lie, no matter how many young people die.
oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 06:55 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Imaginary lies? Ho Ho Ho.

Yes.

Even if they were actual lies, your position that lies are worse than a string of felonies is ethically untenable.

Blickers wrote:
Republicans are more interested in a president's affairs with his mistress than a president who lies his country into a needless invasion that has claimed the lives of thousands of our military people.

Blickers wrote:
We can be sure that Republican minions will stick up for him, no matter how egregious the lie, no matter how many young people die.

Imaginary lies are not particularly egregious.

And in any case, the idea that a lie is somehow worse than a long string of felonies is just silly.
Blickers

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 08:39 pm
@oralloy,
Lies that result in thousands of lives lost are far more important than felonies that don't come near to any lives being lost. Republicans can be relied on to maintain the opposite. This is why ethical people cannot vote Republican.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 09:11 pm
@Blickers,
No. Actually, ethical people do vote republican, because they ignore the many warnings about what the republican party does. 'THAT'S the DANGER.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 09:32 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Lies that result in thousands of lives lost are far more important than felonies that don't come near to any lives being lost. Republicans can be relied on to maintain the opposite. This is why ethical people cannot vote Republican.

Ethical parties don't go around trying to justify rampant felonies.

Playing pretend about imaginary lies doesn't justify rampant felonies either.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 09:33 pm
@izzythepush,
U. S. politicians can do both at the same time Izzy. They have had a hundred years of practice.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 09:39 pm
@Blickers,
But the republican version of the constitution, the Bible, says that sex is much worse than starting illegal wars.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2016 09:40 pm
@izzythepush,
Proof?