Republican Convention

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 09:49 am
You mean they might have done Soz?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 09:52 am
Harper--
Prove that it's not true, and that it is indeed not YOU who is the lying liar who keeps lying and lying and accusing everyone else of lying.

(And find another word. That one has worn down with your incredibly monotonous use.) <-- Sofia

Prove that what isn't true? That Zell Miller's speech didn't go over very well, or that he gave a fiery speech against the republicans 12 years ago, or that the Democratic party has slid downwards and Zell is the only one smart enough to jump ship?

The first is obvious though I'd be happy to link the Bush campaign's distancing themselves from their own keynote speaker for ya.

The second is a matter of recorded history.

The third is an opinion, and a poorly thought-out one at that. Opinions aren't for proving or disproving.

Quote:
This conversation didn't include you. Preferring my future ones don't as well.

The one who makes the assertion brings the link, if they want to prove their comment.

A little childish here, reminds me very much of the 7th grade. You can do better than that, Sofia...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 10:28 am
Steve, I mean that your "four more legs" riff was funny but also scarily true.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 11:18 am
Sofia wrote:
There are plenty of old racists in govt. That smarmy Byrd probably still has his hood at the Cleaners...

But, before I believe Zell said that--can you provide a source?

I don't know two beans about zell miller, but byrd has publicly regretted his klan days and has said as much. If I asked I will search out, though I that this was covered here not long ago.

From what I am hearing of zell miller, not long ago he wrote or said glowing reports about kerry. I will use the google later and see.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 11:16 pm
revel wrote:
Sofia wrote:
There are plenty of old racists in govt. That smarmy Byrd probably still has his hood at the Cleaners...

But, before I believe Zell said that--can you provide a source?

I don't know two beans about zell miller, but byrd has publicly regretted his klan days and has said as much. If I asked I will search out, though I that this was covered here not long ago.

From what I am hearing of zell miller, not long ago he wrote or said glowing reports about kerry. I will use the google later and see.

David Duke expressed regret for his prior affiliation with the Klan. Did you buy it?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 08:22 am
Excellent Slate article re: Lies from Zell Miller and Cheney.

0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 08:52 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Harper--
Prove that it's not true, and that it is indeed not YOU who is the lying liar who keeps lying and lying and accusing everyone else of lying.

(And find another word. That one has worn down with your incredibly monotonous use.) <-- Sofia

Prove that what isn't true? That Zell Miller's speech didn't go over very well, or that he gave a fiery speech against the republicans 12 years ago, or that the Democratic party has slid downwards and Zell is the only one smart enough to jump ship?

The first is obvious though I'd be happy to link the Bush campaign's distancing themselves from their own keynote speaker for ya.

The second is a matter of recorded history.

The third is an opinion, and a poorly thought-out one at that. Opinions aren't for proving or disproving.

Quote:
This conversation didn't include you. Preferring my future ones don't as well.

The one who makes the assertion brings the link, if they want to prove their comment.

A little childish here, reminds me very much of the 7th grade. You can do better than that, Sofia...

Cycloptichorn

It's all my fault, I made a viscious attack on her avatar, I usually don't attack avatars and I apologize. It is a very cute avatar, I just think that it is totally misrepresents sofia's posting style.
0 Replies