Republican Convention

Sofia

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 12:47 pm
Dowd is a paid hack for the DNC.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 12:52 pm
Please.

Zell Miller, the same man who lambasted LBJ for 'selling his soul to the negroes.'

Who gives a damn what this racist, Dixiecrat thinks?
His passionate rhetoric is exactly what I've come to expect from the modern republican party - fiery, full of invictive, and completely moronic.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 12:54 pm
There are plenty of old racists in govt. That smarmy Byrd probably still has his hood at the Cleaners...

But, before I believe Zell said that--can you provide a source?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 01:11 pm
12 years ago Miller was the toast of the convention. He gave a strong speech and represented Democrats well. Now, the same man is a monster who is hurting the Democratic party by being a traitor. It's interesting to see how far the Democratic party has devolved in just 12 years.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 01:21 pm
Ain't it?!
0 Replies

angie

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 02:08 pm
preview of W's speech:

http://kintera.sitestream.com/ferrell_qt_hi.mov
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 02:26 pm
Putting the same thing on different threads is spamming--and against TOS.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 02:31 pm
Sofia wrote:
Dowd is a paid hack for the DNC.

Sofia, if you can post an attribution please do so.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 02:32 pm
Sofia wrote:
Putting the same thing on different threads is spamming--and against TOS.

So is putting up misrepresentative and totally misleading avatars.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 02:33 pm
Sofia wrote:
There are plenty of old racists in govt. That smarmy Byrd probably still has his hood at the Cleaners...

Google is there for a reason, learn how to use it.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 02:36 pm
McGentrix wrote:
12 years ago Miller was the toast of the convention. He gave a strong speech and represented Democrats well. Now, the same man is a monster who is hurting the Democratic party by being a traitor. It's interesting to see how far the Democratic party has devolved in just 12 years.

And here I was thinking flip-flopping was supposed to be a bad thing??? Embarrassed
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 02:41 pm
Harper--
Prove that it's not true, and that it is indeed not YOU who is the lying liar who keeps lying and lying and accusing everyone else of lying.

(And find another word. That one has worn down with your incredibly monotonous use.)
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 03:02 pm
Harper wrote:
Sofia wrote:

Google is there for a reason, learn how to use it.

This conversation didn't include you. Preferring my future ones don't as well.

The one who makes the assertion brings the link, if they want to prove their comment.

0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 03:36 pm
Putting the same link in different discussions to a legitimate news source is not spamming. It's when it is promoting a source that is for the poster's own monetary profit.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 03:40 pm
Dowd has had some pretty rough things to say about the DNC and Kerry. Guess some don't follow her column. As to which is more dangerous, the RNC or the DNC, should be obvious to any rational person.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 03:41 pm
I've heard it both ways, LW. I don't bring an article and post it in more than one place, because I saw someone do it here--and someone else said it was spamming.

If anyone has a definitive answer on this--just for future reference for me--I'd appreciate it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 03:52 pm
If you're concerned about using up server space, I suppose posting an entire article (not just a link) especially a long one more than once or twice and on purpose is not good protocol. It's not really spamming unless it were done to disrupt the boards and when I've seen it it's been mostly no more than a link posted in less than five or six discussions. Once in a while it's a cut-and-paste article that is not that long and is posted on relevant discussions. That's not spamming. Spamming denotes selling a product or service. When you start seeing someone posting their E mail and are selling their body you might have a point.
0 Replies

Truthseeker

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 12:51 am
Trying to make sense of it
Looking through all the papers in NewYork City listed here
http://www.webdopresse.ch/liste_titre.asp?pays=301&area=82&nav=anglais&nompays=United+States&cont=&nomregion=New+York+%28NY%29&nomcont=
I found only these two reporting on the protest.
Which CNN tells me (by saying 1500 got arrested) is the biggest in a long time.
http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0435/robbins.php
http://www.thevillager.com/

similar names, any comments on these rags? The stories are quite in depth, on the ground so to speak. What is with Guantanamo lite? Are they serious?
500 thousand people?!? I guess the Network media should not comment, looks like they were not even there.

Has everyone seen these Zogby Poll results?
http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=855

Why have i not seen this on CNN, they use every other Zogby poll?

Discussion regarding war on terrorism:
Prof. Chomsky says that the greatest contribution the US can make to fight terrorism is to stop funding and supporting it. After finding articles about the P2OG i tend to agree. Can someone please explain the logic behind that organization?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 03:50 am
Thank God thats over.

I've listened to all the compassionate aggression. Full dominance of reigning freedom. Four legs good two legs bad. Fighting evil killing terrsts. Four more legs! Four more legs!

And I've come to the considered conclusion that they must have put something in the water.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 09:45 am
I'd laugh except it's not actually funny...

-sigh-
0 Replies