saab

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 01:26 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
Is scandanavia buying the Muslim propoganda? Its so hard to believe.

So you call it buying Muslim propaganda.
How arrogant.
There has been a survive in Denmark amongst Muslima in different age groups and with different education. The question was stoning and beating of women.
The women could answer with their own words.
One group find it absolutely correct with stoning and beating.
One group find it should be in countries where it is the law. Not in our western world
One group - the smallest - is completely against it.
The Muslims in Denmark are more radical than 10 years ago. The same as in Great Britian.
In Scandinavia it is not a question of black and white as much as religion and for most sharia laws.
40% of the Danish muslims think that sharia laws should be part of Danish law or completely substitute it for sharia law.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 01:31 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Well I know, and don't mind it, at least generally.

When I first drove up there from L.A. (I love that drive) and was driving through the forest, one of the radio music stations called out helicopter warnings.

Still off topic, laughs.
saab

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 01:32 pm
@saab,
I will add that these women some wear niqab, some donĀ“t even a scarf.
Some are converts, others go to mosque regularly, others never.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 01:35 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Extending being off topic, what I meant by generally is that there are questions re loss of creek water, what with issues re forests already; I care about the forests more than mj. But legalization may help on that.
Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 01:36 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Well I know, and don't mind it, at least generally.

When I first drove up there from L.A. (I love that drive) and was driving through the forest, one of the radio music stations called out helicopter warnings.

Still off topic, laughs.

Haha! Yep! I live in Siskiyou county, CA, just east, and helicopters are our only air traffic. It is beautiful on the coast there. Also an easy run for weed to our county and others. I bet the vote for weed legalization will be down in Humbolt county. And my county too, very red for CA. All rural folk. Very little exposure to the wider world.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 01:36 pm
@saab,
Thanks for that list, saab.

I get the problem. Alway have, mostly side with then countries being overwhelmed, especially with such radical views - but am fine with cross bordering, including california, which was theirs first.
We all know this has happened for not just centuries, but millennia.

I have a near racist view (me miss liberal) re why are you ashamed about your hair? Saner, I can understand any of those women's view.

0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 01:37 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Extending being off topic, what I meant by generally is that there are questions re loss of creek water, what with issues re forests already; I care about the forests more than mj. But legalization may help on that.

Agreed.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 01:41 pm
@saab,
saab wrote:

Quote:
Is scandanavia buying the Muslim propoganda? Its so hard to believe.

So you call it buying Muslim propaganda.
How arrogant.
There has been a survive in Denmark amongst Muslima in different age groups and with different education. The question was stoning and beating of women.
The women could answer with their own words.
One group find it absolutely correct with stoning and beating.
One group find it should be in countries where it is the law. Not in our western world
One group - the smallest - is completely against it.
The Muslims in Denmark are more radical than 10 years ago. The same as in Great Britian.

In Scandinavia it is not a question of black and white as much as religion and for most sharia laws.
40% of the Danish muslims think that sharia laws should be part of Danish law or completely substitute it for sharia law.

Saab? Are you muslim? I have nothing against Muslim law, if it was equal. But it isnt to the sexes. Which makes me wonder who wrote the laws.
saab

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 02:06 pm
@Lilkanyon,
First of all I am not a Muslima.
Muslim law is equal - both men and women get stoned (but not by alcohol) when unfaithful, in case of apostsi. Stoned means death.
You can for certain things get so and so many lashes. As one Muslima said -
the women are better off. If pregnant they get the lashes after the child is born and men get it right away.
The laws are in the hadith.
Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 02:12 pm
@saab,
saab wrote:

First of all I am not a Muslima.
Muslim law is equal - both men and women get stoned (but not by alcohol) when unfaithful, in case of apostsi. Stoned means death.
You can for certain things get so and so many lashes. As one Muslima said -
the women are better off. If pregnant they get the lashes after the child is born and men get it right away.
The laws are in the hadith.

Im sorry if I dont see muslim law as equal to men and women. Across the world, girls are being denied education, ect and so on due to Sharia law. I cant see, for the life of me, how that would improve the lives of some of the most forward thinking, most educated and most successful countries of the world.
saab

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 02:25 pm
@Lilkanyon,
I was sarcastic - stoning and beating seems to be the only equality in the laws.
You sounds / ed as you never had heard anything about the laws
Quote:
I have nothing against Muslim law, if it was equal. But it isnt to the sexes.

Just what you said - nothing against it if is was equal. It really sounds if you do not mind as long as equality is for both sexes regarding any law: stoning, beating, behaeding etc....
10 years ago there were no discussions about these things in western Europe.
Now have it - and all you call it is Muslim propaganda.
It is dangerous - there are already in some mosques with sharia courts.
Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2016 03:42 pm
@saab,
saab wrote:

I was sarcastic - stoning and beating seems to be the only equality in the laws.
You sounds / ed as you never had heard anything about the laws
Quote:
I have nothing against Muslim law, if it was equal. But it isnt to the sexes.

Just what you said - nothing against it if is was equal. It really sounds if you do not mind as long as equality is for both sexes regarding any law: stoning, beating, behaeding etc....
10 years ago there were no discussions about these things in western Europe.
Now have it - and all you call it is Muslim propaganda.
It is dangerous - there are already in some mosques with sharia courts.

I have no right, nor qualifications to put Islam on trial per my beliefs. All I care about is Islam, as a religion, being treated fairly as I treat all other religions. But, of course, I may have particular concerns about its beliefs, as I also have about evangelical christianity. I am an American, and MY belief, is separation of church and state. Thats MY religion. If other religions can coincide within that law, then, please be welcome.
saab

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 12:48 am
@Lilkanyon,
What is evangelical Christianity?
In the Scandinavian countries church and state are not seperated. In Sweden now since 2000. In Denmark the queen is head of church and in Norway it is the king.
The very basic laws are really based on Christian values - (also in USA) Do not kill, steale, treat people well, help the poor and the sick.
Scandinavia is very well developed when it comes to social equality. This has developed thanks to Christianity.
The majority of Muslims and the Scandinavians lived without problems together until a few years ago when the radicalism of Islam started.
In Sweden where church and state are seperate we could according to you then take in a few sharia laws like women should not study, forced marriages, a raped woman has to marry the man who raped her. I do no think that the majority of the Muslims would like that. After all the majority have gone to school, have studied or learned a trade and are working.
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2016 06:13 pm
@saab,
saab wrote:

What is evangelical Christianity?
In the Scandinavian countries church and state are not seperated. In Sweden now since 2000. In Denmark the queen is head of church and in Norway it is the king.
The very basic laws are really based on Christian values - (also in USA) Do not kill, steale, treat people well, help the poor and the sick.
Scandinavia is very well developed when it comes to social equality. This has developed thanks to Christianity.
The majority of Muslims and the Scandinavians lived without problems together until a few years ago when the radicalism of Islam started.
In Sweden where church and state are seperate we could according to you then take in a few sharia laws like women should not study, forced marriages, a raped woman has to marry the man who raped her. I do no think that the majority of the Muslims would like that. After all the majority have gone to
school, have studied or learned a trade and are working.

Evangelical christianity is a dark age religion hostile to gays, abortion, birth control, or so I see it. im sure they are against much more. Very strict christian ideals, not unlike sharia, minus death by stoning (only because it is illegal).

And I agree! Until 9/11, all Americans knew of muslims really was Muhammad Ali and malcolm X. It was never considered a hostile or dangerous religion. I always thought of it as a "black conversion" religion...maybe in a way for blacks to spearate themselves from white conformity. A black person knowlegeable about that would be better to say. Thats just me, looking from the outside.
saab

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 01:46 am
@Lilkanyon,
Evangelical Christianity is not a religion. Christianity is a religion and there are evangelical movements within chrisitanity. Often this turns into sects or a movement within say the Lutheran Church.
The different movements are for or against different things and to even compare some of their ideas with sharia laws is really very very bad. Sharia laws also includes to kill every Christian.
About 87% of all eveangelical christians live in Africa or Asia and partly in South America. The western world has about 13% of them - more in USA than in Europe.
Personally I do not like them very much. Often their knowledge about the Bible and Christian theology is on the bottom of the scale and still they maintain they have found the truth.
Neither do I like that they reform the church service to be nothing but preaching and take out a lot of the liturgy and symbols.
On the other hand living in Africa or Asia it has given some of these people more freedom away from terrible superstitions, lack of equality and given them a place to belong. More protection for women and children. Often schools and medical care.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 10:00 am
@saab,
In the US, the word Christianity has grown to be taken for a form of it that is considered by some of us as a type of fundamentalism. If I remember, these folks don't consider Catholics or Lutherans or Anglicans (etc.) as real Christians at all.

The U.S. is not the only country that has this phenomenon going on, but I take it there is less christian fundamentalism in western Europe.
saab

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 10:24 am
@ossobuco,
Sweden is supposedly the most securlar country in the world. Still over 60% are members of the Swedish lutheran Church.
There are of course fundamentalists also in western Europe, but we do not have TV preachers, so we do not run into them so easy. As a rule we Europeans prefer not to mix with fundamentalists or evangelists. BillyGraham is seen as a joke.
Interesting I find that even if we are getting more securlar it seems as people as a rule are looking for more spirituality outside of Christianity or mixing it up. Some seeks Buddhism, others meditation there are hundreds of different things.
You are right the Catholics, Lutherns and Angelicans and other established denominations are not true Christians. We are not Jesus freaks. We put God above Jesus, the Holy Trinity and very bad of course is that Mary, mother of Jesus is considered an important figur.
The earth is not flat and it is not 6000 years old seen with our eyes.
Honestly Hell must be so much more interesting a place to be than a Heaven full of fundamentalists. I think even God would take his son, the holy goast and Mary with him and leave. And ask St. Peter to look up the place.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 10:29 am
@saab,
Quote:
Honestly Hell must be so much more interesting a place to be than a Heaven full of fundamentalists.

I find that to be so honest an observation, because when I think of 'heaven' with no sin, it seems like a place that's without any conflict as in 'real life.' It would get boring very quickly, I think. It's just isn't human.
saab

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2016 10:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
I read a story several years ago.
A man dies and wake up in a wonderful room. He his served his favourite dish every day, he can read the books he likes the best, nobody contradicts him in a discussion.
Everything is so wonderful and day after day passes by in perfect harmony.
Then he starts to get boored a little bit and wants something to do.
No, life should be harmony and nothing but harmony.
After some time being denied something to do he says "I prefer to be in Hell"
It turned out - it was hell.
Perfect harmony constantly is kind of hell.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 09:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

... too many Asians attending - representing some 40% of the student body. Other minorities, blacks and Hispanics, cried foul. Now, Asians are over represented at the university, so their numbers are being reduced to allow other minorities to attend.

Several groups of students, black, white, hispanic were unhappy because, they couldn't get in the State University. It wasn't only minority students. They same thing has happened at Harvard University, which has published the stats on student enrollment. As I recall, they have a quota system in place, so that the number of Asians enrolled is kept at a constant level.

Harvard Medical School also has a quota system so that races under-represented ( black and hispanic) in the medical profession have a chance to gain a foothold. I agree with this policy. I think that black and hispanic groups are underrepresented in Science and Medicine and that their numbers need to be increased.

We need students in the field of medicine, who want to treat patients, and who love being with the sick and elderly and who don't want to spend their working medical careers just running numbers through the computer mill.

We need compassionate physicians, who are smart but also caring. We do need diversity so that all patients feel comfortable being treated by someone, who UNDERSTANDS their situation in life, and how that relates back to their illness. Where there is a verbal communication
problem
, patients are left to wonder what's going on and who cares about them.