Sturgis

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 07:24 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Indians coming to the US doesn't count in reality

Why do you say this? Your statement alone reeks of racism and/or bigotry.
To exclude any group or person for any reason and to then offer up 'doesn't count' as your reasoning shows an unfortunate bias within you.
Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 08:40 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Lilkanyon wrote:

I am more distrubed by the recent issues with NC and MS and TN to come over discrimmination laws.

If a male, dressed as a woman ( cross-dresser; transgender...etc) enters a public bathroom, and you're standing there ( as a woman) waiting your turn, how would you react?

I'd beat the hell out of there...That's what I'd do!

Roflmao! If a man chooses to stand in the long lines for the bathroom women have to stand in, no matter his dress, hes a Saint and more power to him! I bet he will go man real quick looking at the shorter lines for their stalls! Ahahhahaha! Bad example dude, but good try!
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Fri 6 May, 2016 08:42 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Indians coming to the US doesn't count in reality

Why do you say this? Your statement alone reeks of racism and/or bigotry.
To exclude any group or person for any reason and to then offer up 'doesn't count' as your reasoning shows an unfortunate bias within you.

Know what? You obviously didnt read the whole thread and took my comment out of context. Go back and read cuz I wont defend myself to you. The last person I am is a racial bigot.
0 Replies

Bob516

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 06:02 am
@Lilkanyon,
From my perspective, as a man who is considered black racism has always perplexed me. I had never hard the word 'nigger" until I was 4 and a group of white teenagers stopped their car as I was outside playing and called me a "little nigger". The look on their faces told me something was amiss and I went inside and asked my mother what it meant. For the only time in my life my mother slapped me and told me to never use that word again. Once I was able to tell her where I heard the word,she hugged me as she began to cry. She said" Bob there will always be people who hate you for the color of your skin" I asked her " Mommy why?" She could only say "I don't know but you make sure you love everybody no matter what the color of their skin"
Lilkanyon

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 11:50 am
@Bob516,
Bob516 wrote:

From my perspective, as a man who is considered black racism has always perplexed me. I had never hard the word 'nigger" until I was 4 and a group of white teenagers stopped their car as I was outside playing and called me a "little nigger". The look on their faces told me something was amiss and I went inside and asked my mother what it meant. For the only time in my life my mother slapped me and told me to never use that word again. Once I was able to tell her where I heard the word,she hugged me as she began to cry. She said" Bob there will always be people who hate you for the color of your skin" I asked her " Mommy why?" She could only say "I don't know but you make sure you love everybody no matter what the color of their skin"

I know, as a white female growing up in the south in the early 70's, I never understood it either. I remember when I was a teenager, walking up to my local Kart n Karry, a little black boy was in a car and turned to his mom and said, "Look mommy, a cracker!" His mother was appalled and hushed him quick. I was totally perplexed. and I must say, ashamed. What did I do to this child to cause him to call me names. I understood immediately what it felt like to be judged based on the color of your skin. I never forgot that.
snood

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 05:41 pm
@Lilkanyon,
I wouldn't forget that, either. Especially since, in all my 58 years I've never seen or heard of a small black child in the presence of their parents yell out that kind of thing. That would be memorable.
Lilkanyon

Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 06:34 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I wouldn't forget that, either. Especially since, in all my 58 years I've never seen or heard of a small black child in the presence of their parents yell out that kind of thing. That would be memorable.

But blacks have dealt with small white children for generations screaming, "look ma! A nigger!" Even if they didnt know why. Its always soul crushing to be judged on appearance instead of quality of your character. I wasnt born during civil rights and I take some comfort from that because my heart would have been heavy. Idk if I would have had the courage to be in Selma. I doubt it. But I am trully thankful those that fought for their rights as humans had the courage to stand up and say,"Enough!" And that me, as a white person, can appreciate the equality they fought for.
0 Replies