Which Religion is the One True Religion?

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 10:15 am
I have given you an answer, and pointed you to a web search. Don't expect to be lead by the hand to the promised land. Some effort and thought on your part are required.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 10:21 am
Are you having a problem with chapped lips this morning, Setanta? Paper cuts? You seem irritable.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 10:28 am
No kidding, I didn't mean to be a burden. I just figured that someone on here could give me the information to get caught up on the topic.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 11:06 am
neologist wrote:
Are you having a problem with chapped lips this morning, Setanta? Paper cuts? You seem irritable.

Perhaps dealing with the religiously self-deluded and the scientifically self-deluded today has made me a bit testy . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 11:13 am
I was really surpised by thunder's caste question. I would have thought he would just go to http://merriamwebster.com/ or do a quick google.

I wouldn't have hopped on him though. He's obviously not as tough as are we.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 11:14 am
I ain't tough, i just know you can't get your hands on me through this screen . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 11:17 am
Setanta; I see you have only a few posts to reach 20K. Will you then be a Guru in training, or what?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 11:17 am
It would only be to shake your hand, my friend.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 11:18 am
neologist wrote:
Setanta; I see you have only a few posts to reach 20K. Will you then be a Guru in training, or what?

Beats hell outta me . . . i am not a joiner by nature, and seek no advancement . . . i joined the Army onc't, and it cured me any such residual ambition . . .
0 Replies

headofthefield

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:29 pm
It is kind of a shame to know that you have had the well-being of the United States in your hand.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:32 pm
It's kind of a shame that your religious prejudices lead you to vilify the service of someone about whom you know nothing, and whose service record is equally unknown to you. There's a host of terms for people who indulge that kind of pomposity--jackass is one which comes immediately to my mind.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:35 pm
Forgive me for a lack of precision . . . great, braying jackass is one which comes immediately to my mind.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:37 pm
He has seen your blatant and hateful attacks on our beliefs, he was referring to your person, not your record...jackass
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:39 pm
My "attacks" aren't hateful--the ones around here who indulge hate are you and goodfielder. How wonderful your display of christian charity. Tell me again who wonderfully christian and loving your church is.
0 Replies

headofthefield

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:40 pm
True I know nothing about you. But from what you have giving to me, I don't care to know you either. You have only one thing to come at me with: MY RELIGION. Therefore you have nothing to say to me as a human being, only as a religious person. And I would like it to leave the name calling out of this. Oh by the way, loading up you sentences with words that could easily be replaced with simpler ones does not make you intelligent.
0 Replies

headofthefield

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:42 pm
Setanta wrote:
My "attacks" aren't hateful--the ones around here who indulge hate are you and goodfielder. How wonderful your display of christian charity. Tell me again who wonderfully christian and loving your church is.

Oh, I wasn't aware JACKASS wasn't a hatefull attempt against thunder and I.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:43 pm
hmmmm, what are they then, loving and respectful of your fellow man?

Quote:
Tell me again who wonderfully christian and loving your church is.

Why don't you tell me, you know so much about my church?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:49 pm
headofthefield wrote:
True I know nothing about you.

Then you ought not to have made a snotty remark about my years of service to the United States Army, which institution was pleased to characterize that service as honorable.

Quote:
But from what you have giving to me, I don't care to know you either. You have only one thing to come at me with: MY RELIGION.

You're in a debate forum, there is no sign over the door which says your beliefs are immune to criticism. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Quote:
Therefore you have nothing to say to me as a human being, only as a religious person.

I haven't the least interest in you as either a human being or a "religious person." I have every right to criticize any belief expressed here, just as you do. You have consistently criticized what others have expressed. Do you seriously think you can do this and be immune to a recriprocal criticism?

Quote:
And I would like it to leave the name calling out of this.

Then i advise you not to question the patriotism or the character of service to my country which i made volutarily at a time when the government felt compelled to conscript people.

Quote:
Oh by the way, loading up you sentences with words that could easily be replaced with simpler ones does not make you intelligent.

Your relative judgment of my erudition or lack thereof is a matter of complete indifference to me. If you don't like what you read, don't read it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:51 pm
headofthefield wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Oh, I wasn't aware JACKASS wasn't a hatefull attempt against thunder and I.

Actually, jackass was specifically directed at you, and at any event, i didn't call you a great, braying jackass--i simply pointed out what an appropriate term that would be for those who pompously denigrate the national service of others about whom they know nothing. You introduce the hatefulness, and then complain when it comes back to haunt you--how wonderfully entertaining!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 12:51 pm
EEK! http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/popesmiley.gif http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/rifle.gifhttp://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/huggles.gifhttp://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/gun2.gifhttp://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/huggles.gifhttp://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/homer.gif
0 Replies