Which Religion is the One True Religion?

neologist

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 08:52 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
"what are the odds that all of them are untrue?"

yet again complete balls you cant prove a negative

why dont these religious types ever employ logic?
Please don't paint us all with the same pugugly brush
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 08:56 pm
That's plug-ugly, but i get the joke, and your drift. Keep in mind, though, that Steve wrote "these religious types." Taking offense is optional; it's definitely one of those "if the shoe fits" kind of situations.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:20 pm
Thanks. You and I might not always be on the same page; but pug and I aren't even in the same library.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:38 pm
He can read ? ! ? ! ? Shocked
0 Replies

puglia

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 10:00 pm
Hi neo I dont think you are going to ever be in the same library as me girl. From where I stand the problem is that you do not plan to evolve. You would rather project neg. energy than positive energy. thats your choice

I now understand clearly why you oppose all of my views.

it is because it threatens your entire belief system. It would make you realize you were wrong all along if a strange thing happened to you and you had to re-think things over lovely princess.

I'm sorry you are hurting inside if you are. I know how that feels, But I really don't have any pity for you. But you won/t fool me anylonger do I have to drudge up old posts you made where you have agreed with me on serveal points in discussions with others on other threads. Are you dishonest> Or just bored?

scdd
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 11:17 pm
Ready to arm wrestle, big boy? I'm so ugly, I'd scare you out of the room. Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 11:22 pm
Yo mama
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 11:24 pm
And I do love you pug; really.http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/huggles.gif
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 04:35 pm
puglia wrote:
Timbo-
Very interesting, and well put. I think there are many anomalies that have not been thoroughly investigated. But what are the odds that all of them are untrue? How would you explain the presence of what would appear to be carvings of aircraft in stone and wood? Not all of the physical evidence of these anomalies is obscure.

Puglia,

IMHO,

So What?

Please take a deep breath, relax, and read the following slowly:

A central huge problem, the killer of all you say, is that you are continually trying to prove a story from the past. A fantasy of sorts. Which may or may not be true. Most likely not.

In any event, let me suggest to you that you will not get far here with arguments of fantastic tales of the past. They are meaningless and unprovable here and now.

Most of us here are fairly well read. We've read all the major important fantasies of the past. The Classics. Yours reads like a kids cartoon version of a mish-mash of Greco-Dark Age fantasies.

Now I could go to great lengths to "prove" to you that a classic adventure fantasy (which I hope you've read) titled "The Iliad" is actually a true story. I could point to endless artifacts and historical accounts. Much more than you've given us.

But the problem is: So What?

What are you going to show us Here & Now & Today? Why does your story matter?

Here and Right Now: Start actually doing some Faith Healing and Be in 2 Places at Once and Transport Yourself Through Space.

Do that, and you will be on CNN in a couple of days, and when that happens please shout out to us "Hey disbelieving A2kers I'm Puglia", and I for one, will write you a personal note of congratulations.

I especially wish you'd get busy on the Faith Healing part. Good Grief! What are you waiting for? People are dying and suffering. Go help them immediately! You don't even have to post here about it, unless its to give us the steps to do it, AFTER you have proven beyond any doubt you can do it, by actually doing it repeatedly.

Show us something here and now.

What the hell difference does it make whether all your fantastic stories of the past are true or not, unless you can do something Here & Now because of it.

Okay I just proved The Iliad and The Greek Gods and all that are True. So What? Doesn't matter.

What can you prove or do Here & Now, Puglia, that is any different than what the local alcoholic convenience store worker down my street can't do? Nothing. Right?

You're just another guy sitting in the park babbling, Puglia. Do you see that? What separates you from the garden variety half-insane babbler that can be found in any major city public park?

Its all smoke & mirrors & fantasy & innuendo, Puglia.

Show us something here & now. Prove something here & now. If you have something here & now you can prove, I'll bet some may listen.

The problem is, you have nothing but tales of long ago, like 500 other fairy tale kid fantasies.

You have smoke. You have nothing. Prove me wrong?
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 10:49 am
Puglia, do you believe in extra terrestrials?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 10:54 pm
pug has been profoundly and conspicuously absent 'round these parts just lately thunder.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 11:02 pm
He has popped back in briefly . . . however, i think his failure to make a successful commercial venture out of his participation here has rained heavily on his parade . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 11:10 pm
I miss him.http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/weirdsmiley.gif
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 11:47 pm
....but not on this thread since extra medium made such a brilliant direct challenge. A superb display of gauntlet tossing, that.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 01:07 am
Thanks for the kind words Eorl.

EternalPathWalker wrote:
Peace.

I thought EternalPathWalker made a strong and balanced statement for Hinduism a couple pages back in post # 1358944. He presented it in a unique manner that would get some readers looking deeper into Hinduism, I'm sure.

I asked him some follow up questions on some troubling parts of Hinduism, especially caste. No reply. He's only made 2 posts, that post on Hinduism being his last. Gone.

I was hoping to hear how he'd handle the issue of caste, thats usually an area modern-minded Hindus have trouble explaining with a straight face. Sort of an area thats often not talked about, the elephant in the living room that everyone ignores.

Well folks, its June...and I hope all is well with everyone.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 08:17 am
extra medium wrote:
Thanks for the kind words Eorl.

EternalPathWalker wrote:
Peace.

I thought EternalPathWalker made a strong and balanced statement for Hinduism a couple pages back in post # 1358944. He presented it in a unique manner that would get some readers looking deeper into Hinduism, I'm sure.

I asked him some follow up questions on some troubling parts of Hinduism, especially caste. No reply. He's only made 2 posts, that post on Hinduism being his last. Gone.

I was hoping to hear how he'd handle the issue of caste, thats usually an area modern-minded Hindus have trouble explaining with a straight face. Sort of an area thats often not talked about, the elephant in the living room that everyone ignores.

Well folks, its June...and I hope all is well with everyone.

What exactly is caste?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 08:29 am
The society of the Hind was divided many long centuries ago into rigidly defined and recognized levels known as caste. Members of one caste were prohibited from marrying members of other castes, and the most exalted caste, the Brahmins, were not even permitted to eat food upon which the shadow of a member of a lesser caste had fallen. The origin was perhaps military, and probably served the Hindu well as they conquered the subcontinent. It quickly ossified, however, and served to divide rather than unite the Hindu, and was just one of many factors of a decaying civilization which allowed handful size bands of Europeans to take over cities, and a few thousand of the English to dominate a subcontinent and the millions who inhabited it.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 09:53 am
Why is this such a big problem with Hinduism?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 09:59 am
Do you really need to have everything spelled out for you? A little thought about the implications of such a system might reveal a good deal to you. Some further reading by means of a web search entailing "hindus+caste" might help as well.

It is amazing to me that you make such definitive--and often goofy--statements about science and evolution, and then can't grasp the obvious when it is poised to slap you in the face.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 10:11 am
Able 2 know....ask an expert. I am not well versed in Hinduism, so I figured I would ask someone who knows better than me. If you don't wish to answer my questions, don't, someone else probably will. I am thankful for the answers you have given me.
0 Replies