Which Religion is the One True Religion?

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:14 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

And yes maybe it was risky of me to foolishly post pics of me and my location in another thread in case a female stalker tracks me down and kidnaps me in chains. Just for the record here they are again-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/mkldeg.jpg~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/myflatplace.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Ply-SuttonPoolaerialmypl.jpg

So why don't you start using your real name...instead of that phony one?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
In fact the best excuse I heard from a slaver in 'Roots' was "We're doing the nigrahs a favour by rescuing them from the heathen jungle and bringing them to christian America!"

A scriptwriter wrote that.

A quick look around Africa might well cause some people to be very happy that their great, great, g, g, g, g,g, g, grandparents had been shipped over to the land of the free and might be well sick of watching a shagged out old has-been with no education to shout about milk his schtick for the benefit of some delicate elderly ladies who have the misfortune to find themselves in the draught of his lung emptying procedures.

I imagine that most of the slaves were better protected from the tribulations the white settlers were subjected to.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Do you actually feel good about that?

See how Apisa seeks to occupy the moral high ground and it is based on a script in a movie.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 01:18 pm
Quote:
Massa Frank said: @RF- So why don't you start using your real name...instead of that phony one?

I don't mind getting visited by crazed female stalkers but i chicken out of posting my full name and address in case i get visited by mormons, moonies or jw's etc..Smile
PS- mate, how about letting us see some pics of your place?
Smileyrius

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 01:21 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Thank you my friend for your honest opinions, what is the bibles stance on fornication?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 01:24 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Massa Frank said: @RF- So why don't you start using your real name...instead of that phony one?

I don't mind getting visited by crazed female stalkers but i chicken out of posting my full name and address in case i get visited by mormons, moonies or jw's etc..Smile
PS- mate, how about letting us see some pics of your place?

I've posted them in the past...and I am in the phone book. Don't bother to call first...just stop by when you want.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 01:27 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: In fact the best excuse I heard from a slaver in 'Roots' was "We're doing the nigrahs a favour by rescuing them from the heathen jungle and bringing them to christian America!"
Massa Frank said: Yup.

Well at least there was no danger of hostile black tribes attacking and eating them in America!
All they have to do now is stay clear of George Zimmerman and they should be okay.
Anyway it's all worked out fine for them, one of them's in the White House..Smile
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 01:38 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Romeo said: In fact the best excuse I heard from a slaver in 'Roots' was "We're doing the nigrahs a favour by rescuing them from the heathen jungle and bringing them to christian America!"
Massa Frank said: Yup.

Well at least there was no danger of hostile black tribes attacking and eating them in America!
All they have to do now is stay clear of George Zimmerman and they should be okay.
Anyway it's all worked out fine for them, one of them's in the White House..Smile

Fact is, though, your god was used to justify the slavery in which they were engaged.

So are you proud of that?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 01:46 pm
Quote:
Massa Frank said: Fact is, though, your god was used to justify the slavery in which they were engaged. So are you proud of that?

God's been rightly or wrongly used to justify a lot of things, so we'd better leave it to him to judge whether slave traders and owners were right or wrong; the clue is in the name- 'Judgement Day'..Smile
PS- I keep meaning to buy a good reliable un-biased book about slavery rather than have to rely on watching hollywood guff like 'Roots', I hear the writer Alex Haley made much of it up and stole chunks from other writers.
There's nigrahs fer yer..Smile
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 01:50 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Massa Frank said: Fact is, though, your god was used to justify the slavery in which they were engaged. So are you proud of that?

God's been rightly or wrongly used to justify a lot of things, so we'd better leave it to him to judge whether slave traders and owners were right or wrong; the clue is in the name- 'Judgement Day'..Smile
PS- I keep meaning to buy a good reliable un-biased book about slavery rather than have to rely on watching hollywood guff like 'Roots', I hear the writer Alex Haley made chunks of it up.

You would do better to try to determine who made these words up...the words supposedly spoken by the god Jesus worshiped (and the god you worship) to Moses:

"Slaves, male and female, you may indeed possess, provided you BUY them from among the neighboring nations. You may also BUY them from among the aliens who reside with you and from their children who are born and reared in your land. Such slaves YOU MAY OWN AS CHATTELS, and leave to your sons as their hereditary property, MAKING THEM PERPETUAL SLAVES. But you shall not lord it harshly over any of the Israelites, your kinsmen." Leviticus 25:44ff
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 01:53 pm
@RonPrice,
Are you saying God gives us a free pass?
That's does not appear to be what Jesus says. Besides talking about the "narrow gate" (Matthew 7:13) , he provides this warning:
Quote:
(Matthew 7:21-23) . . . Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 02:01 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
. . . Yeah, Romeo...THEY DID! Several people have mentioned that to you already. Slave owners have used the words of your god...the god Jesus worshiped...to justify their ownership of slaves...their trading of slaves. . . .
You realize, of course, you are posting a straw man.. The fact that evil men have misused the Bible to promote their agendas is no fault of God.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 02:02 pm
Quote:
Massa Frank said: "Slaves, male and female, you may indeed possess, provided you BUY them from among the neighboring nations. You may also BUY them from among the aliens who reside with you and from their children who are born and reared in your land. Such slaves YOU MAY OWN AS CHATTELS, and leave to your sons as their hereditary property, MAKING THEM PERPETUAL SLAVES. But you shall not lord it harshly over any of the Israelites, your kinsmen." Leviticus 25:44ff

Is there an echo in here?
Ahm a-tellin you massa, if you wanna own slaves on the strength of dat verse, den juss you go rite ahead and get some but you sure betta treat 'em right y'hear, den maybe der Big Massa upstairs won't be so hard on yer-

"He that steals a man and sells him, or if he be found in his hands, he shall surely be put to death " (Exod. 21:16; Deut. 24:7)
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 02:12 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
. . . Yeah, Romeo...THEY DID! Several people have mentioned that to you already. Slave owners have used the words of your god...the god Jesus worshiped...to justify their ownership of slaves...their trading of slaves. . . .
You realize, of course, you are posting a straw man.. The fact that evil men have misused the Bible to promote their agendas is no fault of God.

What misuse, Neo?

Here is what they quoted from the Bible in defense of slavery:

"Slaves, male and female, you may indeed possess, provided you BUY them from among the neighboring nations. You may also BUY them from among the aliens who reside with you and from their children who are born and reared in your land. Such slaves YOU MAY OWN AS CHATTELS, and leave to your sons as their hereditary property, MAKING THEM PERPETUAL SLAVES. But you shall not lord it harshly over any of the Israelites, your kinsmen." Leviticus 25:44ff

How is that misuse?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 02:13 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Massa Frank said: "Slaves, male and female, you may indeed possess, provided you BUY them from among the neighboring nations. You may also BUY them from among the aliens who reside with you and from their children who are born and reared in your land. Such slaves YOU MAY OWN AS CHATTELS, and leave to your sons as their hereditary property, MAKING THEM PERPETUAL SLAVES. But you shall not lord it harshly over any of the Israelites, your kinsmen." Leviticus 25:44ff

Is there an echo in here?
Ahm a-tellin you massa, if you wanna own slaves on the strength of dat verse, den juss you go rite ahead and get some but you sure betta treat 'em right y'hear, den maybe der Big Massa upstairs won't be so hard on yer-

"He that steals a man and sells him, or if he be found in his hands, he shall surely be put to death " (Exod. 21:16; Deut. 24:7)

I don't want to own any slaves...nor have I ever suggested that I want to.

I have suggested that slave owners have used the words of your god to justify their slave trading and slave ownership.

AND THEY HAVE!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 02:58 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
When Spendius' boat was captured by the Carthaginians, in Salammbo, he was transporting a cargo of women to the place that would bring the highest prices for them at auction. It was a thriving trade but Spendi ended on a cross and a trying journey to it. Hence Salammbô was a moral lesson.

Injections of new blood were necessary from time to time to avoid the negative aspects of inbreeding and God was stuck with His having granted the buggers free will and thus had to sanction abductions.

Long-term inbreeding, as I understand the matter, is most unlikely to have led to the western mathematics of dynamic space and its progeny--all you see around you except the dirt and the clouds. If God did wrong then we are all living off immoral earnings. Apisa as well. As a Yank, more than most. With his high-tech golf equipent and all. He's as phoney as a turd in a joke-shop window.

He's like the successful fraudster's grand-daughter who has inherited all the loot and is swanning around the world's celebrity circles acting all posh like, and morally superior and snooty to boot, and sponsoring a charity to save the yellow breasted gobble-cocks from extinction with a view to getting an O.B.E. for services to ******* humanity.

He thinks an international debate forum is no different than a discussion on a nondescript park bench in some dump in New Jersey where they can't even pronounce the name properly.

0 Replies

RonPrice

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 07:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Progressive revelation is a core teaching in the Bahá'í Faith and within the context of this teaching you will find my answer to your question. Progressive revelation(PR) suggests that religious truth is revealed by God progressively and cyclically over time through a series of divine Messengers, and that the teachings are tailored to suit the needs of the time and place of their appearance.

Thus, the Bahá'í teachings recognize the divine origin of several world religions as different stages in the history of one religion, while believing that the revelation of Bahá'u'lláh is the most recent and, therefore, the most relevant to modern society.

The basic concept of PR relates closely to Bahá'í views on God's essential unity, and the nature of prophets, termed Manifestations of God. It also ties into Bahá'í views of the purpose and nature of religion, laws, belief, culture and history. Hence revelation is seen as both progressive and continuous, and therefore never ceases.

Bahá'ís believe that religious teachings are of two varieties: essential spiritual truth, and ephemeral social constructs. The latter may include laws of conduct, diet, institutions, ceremonies, and treatment of criminals. These may change dramatically from messenger to messenger. The former, however, are essential and do not change, except perhaps in their cultural presentation. So the Manifestation of God is seen as at once restoring the essential truth, returning the faithful to the correct practice.

Simultaneously, the Manifestation eliminates redundant or corrupt social structures and creates such social organization as will support the improvement of mankind. For more go to this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_revelation_(Bah%C3%A1'%C3%AD)#Religious_truth_is_of_two_kinds
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 08:01 pm
@RonPrice,
RonPrice wrote:

Progressive revelation is a core teaching in the Bahá'í Faith and within the context of this teaching you will find my answer to your question. Progressive revelation(PR) suggests that religious truth is revealed by God progressively and cyclically over time through a series of divine Messengers, and that the teachings are tailored to suit the needs of the time and place of their appearance.

Thus, the Bahá'í teachings recognize the divine origin of several world religions as different stages in the history of one religion, while believing that the revelation of Bahá'u'lláh is the most recent and, therefore, the most relevant to modern society.

The basic concept of PR relates closely to Bahá'í views on God's essential unity, and the nature of prophets, termed Manifestations of God. It also ties into Bahá'í views of the purpose and nature of religion, laws, belief, culture and history. Hence revelation is seen as both progressive and continuous, and therefore never ceases.

Bahá'ís believe that religious teachings are of two varieties: essential spiritual truth, and ephemeral social constructs. The latter may include laws of conduct, diet, institutions, ceremonies, and treatment of criminals. These may change dramatically from messenger to messenger. The former, however, are essential and do not change, except perhaps in their cultural presentation. So the Manifestation of God is seen as at once restoring the essential truth, returning the faithful to the correct practice.

Simultaneously, the Manifestation eliminates redundant or corrupt social structures and creates such social organization as will support the improvement of mankind. For more go to this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_revelation_(Bah%C3%A1'%C3%AD)#Religious_truth_is_of_two_kinds

Thank you, Ron.

But I was not asking about the Bahai Faith. I was asking about Ron Price's take.

Any chance?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 09:10 pm
@RonPrice,
Ron, I've enjoyed reading your posts on a2k: They are well thought out scripts with much new information. The only criticism I have is your frequent use of thousand dollar words that most of us are not familiar with. My belated WELCOME to a2k.
Smileyrius

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 09:54 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You forgot to respond again Romeo, what does the bible say on fornication?