Which Religion is the One True Religion?

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 04:16 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
Quote:
And you can prove that, of course!

No, I cannot provide irrevocable proof.

That is what I thought. So you really shouldn't assert it as a fact.

Quote:
Just as you cannot prove otherwise.

I don't have to. I am not asserting the alternative.

Quote:
Fact is, it cannot be proved either way.

Correct.

So why are you asserting "...it was not coincidence, luck or imagined."

You do not know if it was coincidence, luck, or imagined...or not.

So I ask again...why are you asserting as a fact that it was not?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 04:19 pm
It had been raining for days and days, and a terrible flood had come over the land. The waters rose so high that one man was forced to climb onto the roof of his house.

As the waters rose higher and higher, a man in a rowboat appeared, and told him to get in. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the man in the rowboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and suddenly a speedboat appeared. "Climb in!" shouted a man in the boat. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the man in the speedboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters continued to rise. A helicopter appeared and over the loudspeaker, the pilot announced he would lower a rope to the man on the roof. "No," replied the man on the roof. "I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me." So the helicopter went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and eventually they rose so high that the man on the roof was washed away, and alas, the poor man drowned.

Upon arriving in heaven, the man marched straight over to God. "Heavenly Father," he said, "I had faith in you, I prayed to you to save me, and yet you did nothing. Why?" God gave him a puzzled look, and replied "I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 04:30 pm
RexRed wrote:
Remember the crusades? We would all be part of the Persian empire if it was not for brave "Christians" that died to push back their swords...

This is so delusional, i hardly know where to begin. The Persians were not involved in the Crusades. Chiefly the "brave christians" (Ahhhahahahahahahahaha) fought Seljuk Turks and Kurds, with a few Arabs and Egyptian Mameluks thrown in (the latter were usually Caucasian tribesmen though, "Mameluk" means "owned" in the Turkic language of the day--they were military slaves, and the savage Caucasian tribesmen were the preferred source). The great defense agaist the "Franj" (Arabic) or "Ferengi" (Turkic) as the crusaders were known, was mounted first by Ayyub, a Kurd, and then his nephew, Yusuf (Joseph), known as Salah'al-Din, or Saladin to the French. The Persian Empire had basically ceased to exist when the son-in-law of the Prophet, Ali, the first Imam of the Shi'ites, had invaded four centuries earlier and fought the original "mother of all battles."

You butcher history worse than science and religion, although one would hardly think it possible. You really should keep your mouth shut when you don't know what the hell you're talking about. But then, we'd never hear from you, would we.

Sometime, go to google and type in "first crusade+cannibalism"--it's an eye-opener. It's all about your "brave christians" (Ahhhhhhahahahahahahahahahaha).

You crack me up . . .
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 04:52 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Do you mean the gas???

Hey...on a serious note about prayer...

...have you ever seen Pat Robertson doing one of his prayer things...eyes closed, face all scrunched up and such.

Tell me...and be truthful...doesn't it look like he is in the middle of a bowl movement...and trying to pass a stool the size of an NFL football?

Same thing with Jerry Falwell!

Speaking of gas, prayers and preachers, this video of Robert Tilton has all three. Turn up your sound.

Gassy preacher
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 06:24 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Abraham prays at the synagogue for a win on the lottery. Nothing.

Next week he prays again. Nothing.

Following week, to his surprise God answers. He says Abraham you are a good man. You know I heard you already the last two Saturdays, I am favourable for you having a modest win, but please Abe, meet me half way, BUY A TICKET.

A perfect example of supplication... Smile thanks
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 06:45 pm
Frank,

The reason why the devil still rages on even though we have won the war (through Christ) is because God NEVER possesses... not you, not I, not Jesus Christ, not the devil, not anyone...

It is we who must possess the holy spirit and that sets us above the power of the devil...

As Christians we do not fight the devil we wrestle with the devil in our minds...

God does not overstep our free will even though you seem to have problems with the concept of free will it still can and does exist.

Yet the devil still possesses people...
even Christians... He does not posses Christians in their spirit but in their minds... through addictions. habit patterns and wrong teaching... to name a few...

God does not kill the devil because he would overstep his own laws of free will... The devil will eventually kill himself... It was Adam and Even that put the devil in power and it took another human Jesus Christ to expose the devil's snare and to empower us to defeat the devil in our minds. If God over stepped even one of his own laws the entire creation would crumble and fall into complete ruin...

Also when we see spiritual leaders (on both sides) in our world that "may" be ignorant of the truth it is more of a sadness that that is the state of the world today and they need to be prayed for...

There is too much fault that people find and not enough praise... It takes a big person to admit this to themselves and make a change of attitude..
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 06:46 pm
Robertson supports hit men

On his August 10th "700 Club" television show, Pat Robertson said the US should kill world leaders it doesn't like. He called for a change in US foreign policy to include the assassination of foreign leaders.

"I know it sounds somewhat Machiavellian and evil, to think that you could send a squad in to take out somebody like Osama bin Laden, or to take out the head of North Korea," Robertson said. "But isn't it better to do something like that, to take out Milosevic, to take out Saddam Hussein, rather than to spend billions and billions of dollars on a war that harms innocent civilians and destroys the infrastructure of a country? It would just seem so much more practical to have that flexibility."

"As a Christian, Pat should ask himself, what would Jesus do?" said Barry Lynn of Americans United for Separation of Church and State. "In my Bible, Jesus never said anything about assassinating heads of state. Forget schools and courthouses, maybe we should post the Ten Commandments in Robertson's office."

It seems Pat Robertson also suggested today the assassination of a leader in South Amerca.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 07:39 pm
RexRed wrote:
Frank,

The reason why the devil still rages on even though we have won the war (through Christ) is because God NEVER possesses... not you, not I, not Jesus Christ, not the devil, not anyone...

It is we who must possess the holy spirit and that sets us above the power of the devil...

As Christians we do not fight the devil we wrestle with the devil in our minds...

God does not overstep our free will even though you seem to have problems with the concept of free will it still can and does exist.

even Christians... He does not posses Christians in their spirit but in their minds... through addictions. habit patterns and wrong teaching... to name a few...

God does not kill the devil because he would overstep his own laws of free will... The devil will eventually kill himself... It was Adam and Even that put the devil in power and it took another human Jesus Christ to expose the devil's snare and to empower us to defeat the devil in our minds. If God over stepped even one of his own laws the entire creation would crumble and fall into complete ruin...

Also when we see spiritual leaders (on both sides) in our world that "may" be ignorant of the truth it is more of a sadness that that is the state of the world today and they need to be prayed for...

There is too much fault that people find and not enough praise... It takes a big person to admit this to themselves and make a change of attitude..

Why does the devil need free will? Wasn't he an angel? Do angel's have free will?

And why, if god stepped over one of his own laws, would the universe crumble?

You are so full of it Rex.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 07:42 pm
Satan was a angel, but he's the only angel that had free will?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 07:42 pm
Quote:
It seems Pat Robertson also suggested today the assassination of a leader in South Amerca.

As has been pointed out in several other posts today.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 07:45 pm
Do all angels that "sin" have as much power as god? Will the accumulation of all the fallen angels have the power to supercede all of god's works?

Are angels made in the image of god?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 07:45 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Robertson supports hit men

On his August 10th "700 Club" television show, Pat Robertson said the US should kill world leaders it doesn't like. He called for a change in US foreign policy to include the assassination of foreign leaders.

"I know it sounds somewhat Machiavellian and evil, to think that you could send a squad in to take out somebody like Osama bin Laden, or to take out the head of North Korea," Robertson said. "But isn't it better to do something like that, to take out Milosevic, to take out Saddam Hussein, rather than to spend billions and billions of dollars on a war that harms innocent civilians and destroys the infrastructure of a country? It would just seem so much more practical to have that flexibility."

"As a Christian, Pat should ask himself, what would Jesus do?" said Barry Lynn of Americans United for Separation of Church and State. "In my Bible, Jesus never said anything about assassinating heads of state. Forget schools and courthouses, maybe we should post the Ten Commandments in Robertson's office."

Do you think Jesus died so the world could keep crucifying Christians?

Also, what would Paul the Apostle think (who wrote the church doctrine)? Remember he used to KILL Christians... 'till his conversion...

Pat Robertson is a PROTESTANT not a Catholic... there is a doctrinal difference, even today...

Ari Fleicher...

A spokesman for the president...

Ari Fleischer told CNN he was making a "rhetorical point" on the cost of a possible war and his comments were not meant to send signals to the Iraqi people.

However, Fleischer said, "no one would shed a tear" if the Iraqi people took the matter of Saddam into their own hands.

The clarification came after Fleischer's afternoon briefing with reporters when he was asked about the possible cost of any war with Iraq. The Bush spokesman said the president has not made any decisions about military action so therefore it is "impossible to speculate" about costs.

However, he went on to say, "I can only say the cost of a one-way ticket is substantially less than that. The cost of one bullet, the Iraqi people taking it (on) themselves, is substantially less than that, the cost of war is more than that."

Comment:
What's the difference?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 07:49 pm
RexRed wrote:
Frank,

Rex...

...prepare yourself...

...I am going to tell you something that is going to upset you mightily...

...there is no Santa Claus.

Also...there is no Easter Bunny.

And....worst of all...there is no Tooth Fairy.

Grow up!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 07:50 pm
BTW, is the snake that told adam and eve to eat the apple the devil or is it because adam and eve didn't know what sin was all about? If god created satan, and satan was the cause of adam and eve's fall from grace, why are all man-kind punished for their sin?
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 08:40 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
BTW, is the snake that told adam and eve to eat the apple the devil or is it because adam and eve didn't know what sin was all about? If god created satan, and satan was the cause of adam and eve's fall from grace, why are all man-kind punished for their sin?

Why did god put the tree there in the first place, when he knew they would eat the fruit? . Why in the world did god have to ask " Where are you?" Where did the omniscience go?

For that matter, why did god create Adam and Eve? Was god lonely? Can a perfect being be lonely?

I think the snake had it right all along.

P
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 08:50 pm
Pauligirl wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Why did god put the tree there in the first place, when he knew they would eat the fruit? . Why in the world did god have to ask " Where are you?" Where did the omniscience go?

For that matter, why did god create Adam and Eve? Was god lonely? Can a perfect being be lonely?

P

Why do you have children if you know they will do wrong? Have you ever asked your child "What are you doing?" when you knew very well what he was doing?
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:24 pm
real life wrote:
Pauligirl wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

P

Why do you have children if you know they will do wrong? Have you ever asked your child "What are you doing?" when you knew very well what he was doing?

If I had children, I wouldn't punish them their entire lives for doing something wrong and I certainly wouldn't include their children and their children's children in that punishment. As far as asking, hey, I'm not the one claiming omniscience.

Now, why did god create Adam and Eve? Was god lonely? Can a perfect being be lonely?
P
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:27 pm
Don't forget; we are created in his "image." Does he/she have a penis or vigina? Maybe he/she wasn't get'n any, and really felt lonely.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:37 pm
Pauligirl wrote:
real life wrote:
Pauligirl wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

P

If I had children, I wouldn't punish them their entire lives for doing something wrong and I certainly wouldn't include their children and their children's children in that punishment. As far as asking, hey, I'm not the one claiming omniscience.

Now, why did god create Adam and Eve? Was god lonely? Can a perfect being be lonely?
P

Would you warn your children if they were about to do something wrong that would have lifelong bad consequences and even affect their children and grandchildren?

The Bible never said God was lonely. God created Adam and Eve for the same reason that people have children today, because they are willing to share life and love with another.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 23 Aug, 2005 09:45 pm
real life wrote:
Pauligirl wrote:
real life wrote:
Pauligirl wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

P

P

Would you warn your children if they were about to do something wrong that would have lifelong bad consequences and even affect their children and grandchildren?

The Bible never said God was lonely. God created Adam and Eve for the same reason that people have children today, because they are willing to share life and love with another.

Some people screw up and forget to pull out.....did god forget to pull out and we're all just a big unwanted pregnency?
0 Replies