I need opinions on this please! Thank you by the way :)

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 12:14 pm
So, In high school i had always had the same group of friends, but in the last years a new friend came into our group , she was from another school, where everybody hated her, including some teachers, and she seemed nice at first , she was funny and we spent nice moments together, but after some time we began to realise she only liked to talk about herself, she was constantly praising herself , if she got a A , she would tell everyone in the classroom, she even compared my marks, with her marks! She showed off about how she had loads of expensive clothes and shoes , and complained about not having more of them. She also showed off telling us about how many guys had asked her out every week , and how she rejected them , she practically thinks she is a princess, she is pretty , I 'm not saying she is ugly, and I 'm not jealous either , but I really couldn' t stand her . My friends didn' t stand her too , but were to shy to tell her and didn 't want to hurt her feelings . However they started to stand up against her when she said she was going to a much better Uni than us. Now we have finished high school, and nobody talked to her anymore, but she kept talking to me , obviously about the great she is doing at Uni . She even wanted us to get together, but I knew it was only to show off, so I got tired and blocked her on Whatsapp and Facebook , I was done . Now I feel much better .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 883 • Replies: 7

View best answer, chosen by TheDreamer1998
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 12:19 pm
I'm surprised she was the first person with narcissistic personality disorder you ran into. I doubt she will be the last though.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 12:21 pm
@TheDreamer1998,
Welcome to the world. Some people are jerks. You just ran into one.
0 Replies

ehBeth
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 12:43 pm
@TheDreamer1998,
Good for you for recognizing that this person wasn't bringing anything positive to your relationship.

(hopefully this person learns a better way to have friends)
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 01:58 pm
@TheDreamer1998,
The person you have have described is pitifully insecure. She can't help herself and it's very sad.

The question is whether you should recognize her extreme insecurity and somehow help her, or give up on a relationship that has no rewards.

Obviously you've chosen the latter which is not, in any way, a horrible choice.

She obviously could use a friend but you are under no obligation to sacrifice yourself to her need.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 08:05 pm
@TheDreamer1998,
I am surprise that no one ever confronted her that nobody wanted to be around her because she was very annoying and full of herself.
think rethink

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2016 11:31 pm
@TheDreamer1998,
in my view, we should be respectful to others, because we deserve the self-respect this behavior brings on us, sometimes, others abuse our quality conduct, at such a point, continuing to show them respect while their behavior causes it (the respect we show them) to not be appropriate, is an expression of disrespect towards ourselves.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2016 04:47 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

I am surprise that no one ever confronted her that nobody wanted to be around her because she was very annoying and full of herself.

That would be the absolute worst tact to take with this woman. It would only reinforce her insecurity. This is a real case of if you can't say something nice, say nothing.
0 Replies