WHY Did Hillary Clinton Once Call African American Kids "Super-Predators"?

snood

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 07:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

I don't expect you to push anybody but the walking dead calling themselves Republican candidates.

Well, once I pass them the scathing comments of you and snood, I'm sure they will all drop out of the race from shame.

They might if they or their supporters knew what the hell shame is.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 07:37 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The article is from The Nation, and it is by Michelle Alexander who is an important African American writer.

It is a well written article if you want to understand her point of view (which is not very flattering of Sanders either). Similar points of view are being expressed by other Black writers.

It would be a shame if you didn't read it on account of what a couple of old White guys said.

I did go read the article. It's mostly a long indictment of Bill Clinton, with a side attack at Hillary because she didn't actually hold an office at that time.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 07:53 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

But she continued to support this mistake until it hurt her in this election. Then she quit taking prison for profit money. A poll driven, not ethical, choice. One more issue where she was on the wrong side. She enthusiastically supported the illegal invasion of Iraq, she praises Henry Kissinger, she is for the TPP trade bill enthusiastically until she sees the issue going to Sanders, she and so on on most issues. She is a weather vane to the polls.

Unfortunately, we don't get the candidates we deserve, we get the candidates that step forward.

Is Hillary Clinton the perfect choice? No. Is she better than every Republican candidate? Yes, in my opinion.

Is Bernie Sanders the perfect choice? No. Is he better than every Republican candidate? Yes, in my opinion.

One of the great things about the 2008 election cycle was that Democrats had two candidates that we were excited about, and we were less interested in infighting, and going negative, than we were in selecting a nominee and moving on to the general election.

It's sad (and dangerous), to see this kind of ad hominem attack on Clinton, rather than a discussion of the issues.

You see her as a flip-flopper. I see her as someone who can adopt a new position if she sees that she's wrong. Maybe it takes a while. Maybe her new position is wrong. She's a person, not a paragon of virtue.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 08:33 am
@DrewDad,
ad hominem

Bullshit
snood

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2016 08:42 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

ad hominem

Bullshit

But Ed, what would you call attacks that use words like lowlife, self-serving, conniving...? Not ad hominem? It certainly ain't issues-based criticism.
0 Replies